• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I dont see how you addressed it, it was made to counter something on the level of izanagi. which leaving out IT is likely the greatest genjutsu of all time as it is something that works on reality itself.

It only counters it by trapping them in an illusion so they aren't actually using it which is why in reality the don't lose their eyes. Also I brought up he needs to make a loop of events first which is not likely to happen with Obito.

I mean.... why? He did it against Kabuto, who had greater or comparable physical strength to Obito, and was also a genius. It's a legitimate possibility for Itachi to pull it off.

EmperorRorepme said:
It only counters it by trapping them in an illusion so they aren't actually using it which is why in reality the don't lose their eyes. Also I brought up he needs to make a loop of events first which is not likely to happen with Obito.
How is it likely not happening with Obito, all we has to do is recreate the start of a loop, which can be anything.

He could literally start by dropping a kunai, fill something in between, then end by dropping a kunai in the same way, then boom set the loop and the genjutsu does the rest.

You know Obito used the six paths of pain technique to do that, right? Not genjutsu? It's impressive, but at this point the Jinchuuriki were weakened from being in Edo Tensei, as well as likely having their personalities erased by Kabuto.

I meant when Orange Mask Obito was controlling Yagura when he was Mizukage.

Perhaps it was a 1/3 but on his own he couldn't do it.

The weapon specifically nullifies and reflects chakra attacks. So why would it vary on the user?

Yes. I mean a kunai wielded by Obito would NOT be as strong as one wielded by Madara.

EmperorRorepme said:
Kabuto knew nothing of Uchiha Secret Techniques whilst Obito has basically all the knowledge on the Uchiha.
Ok but that means nothing, having knowledge does not necessarily mean having counters if anything the one most likely to have thought up counters is Itachi as that is his forte.

How is it likely not happening with Obito, all we has to do is recreate the start of a loop, which can be anything.

He could literally start by dropping a kunai, fill something in between, then end by dropping a kunai in the same way, then boom set the loop and the genjutsu does the rest.

If he could've done that, he would've done it with Kabuto. He had to make a loop of attacks with hand to hand combat before it could even activate. So even if he could do that, Itachi wouldn't.

EmperorRorepme said:
If he could've done that, he would've done it with Kabuto. He had to make a loop of attacks with hand to hand combat before it could even activate. So even if he could do that, Itachi wouldn't.
There is nothing that says that he has to engage in hand to hand, the only thing that has to be done is he has to glance into the person's eyes to force the izanami. hand to hand is simply the best or that.

Izanami and Izanagi were LITERALLY created to use against fellow Uchiha, so if anything it's more effective against them.

There is nothing that says that he has to engage in hand to hand, the only thing that has to be done is he has to glance into the person's eyes to force the izanami. hand to hand is simply the best or that.

Izanami doesn't activate with eye sight. He has to make a snapshot of any sense him and opponent is feeling at a certain moment then he has to recreate those exact feelings and senses. He basically has to force Obito to do something and then do it again with the exact same feelings and senses. Ok he MIGHT be able to do something trivial and do it again with the exact same perceptions and feelings like dropping a kunai. However CIS makes Itachi not do this. He didn't against Kabuto, he won't against Obito.

Even then some of my bible hasn't been addressed. Nothing even says Izanami is going to work in the first place.

"Izanami and Izanagi were LITERALLY created to use against fellow Uchiha, so if anything it's more effective against them."

As I said: Even then Izanami is ultimately a genjutsu that works on physical senses used against only three tomoe sharingan users. Izanami works because they don't need EYESIGHT to activate it. Whilst using eyesight to activate normal genjustu won't work on Izanagi users, it doesn't literally nullify Izanagi as in making the effects stop on reality. Will it affect those of superior dojutsu? Who knows.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Metalija said:
It will be hard for Obito to get close and touch Itachi, but once he touches him Itachi gets sent to Kamui instantly so Obito wins.
The BFR is fast but not Instantaneous, Minato was able to react to it and perform FTG to escape, also during the BFR Obito is materialized and vulnerable to attacks such as Ama and Totsuka
Except that Ama and Totsuka are too slow to stop Kamui suck. Minato barely managed to teleport away from getting sucked and his reaction speed is so fast that he can warp away Madaras truth seeking orbs by warping in front of them, then turning around faster than the 8th gate Guy was moving lol. After Minato escapes the Kamui suck, Obito is like: "Next time I'll get him faster", and Minato was like: "The one who is an instant faster then the other will win this battle". OBITO WAS 14 DURING THAT FIGHT lmao. And while Itachi was swaping hands with KCM Naruto, Obito was about to Kamui the shit out of that Naruto, he would have taken him out in 2 seconds if it wasn't for Kakashi and Guy.

The BFR is fast but not Instantaneous, Minato was able to react to it and perform FTG to escape, also during the BFR Obito is materialized and vulnerable to attacks such as Ama and Totsuka
Except that Ama and Totsuka are too slow to stop Kamui suck. Minato barely managed to teleport away from getting sucked and his reaction speed is so fast that he can warp away Madaras truth seeking orbs by warping in front of them, then turning around faster then the 8th gate Guy was moving lol. After Minato escapes the Kamui suck, Obito is like: "Next time I'll get him faster", and Minato was like: "The one who is an instant faster then the other will win this battle". OBITO WAS 14 DURING THAT FIGHT lmao. And while Itachi was swaping hands with KCM Naruto, Obito was about to Kamui the shit out of that Naruto, he would have taken him out in 2 seconds if it wasn't for Kakashi and Guy.

Speed is equalized anyway lol

Well the op needs to specify, especially because currently Itachi has two speed ratings. Are we using mhs+ or sub-rel? He needs to specify. Though equalization is probably best.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Why exactly? As far as I can think. Obito doesn't have a way to permanently put down Itachi with his regen.
Yeah, Itachi has Low-Godly. I dont see Obito putitng him down. He can do with BFR. Is there other reasons for Obtio to win?

Lop222 said:
UchihaSlayer96 said:
Why exactly? As far as I can think. Obito doesn't have a way to permanently put down Itachi with his regen.
Yeah, Itachi has Low-Godly. I dont see Obito putitng him down. He can do with BFR. Is there other reasons for Obtio to win?
possibly the Gedo Mazo, but Yata mirror would probably say nope to that lol

Obito has BFR, Rinnegan Techniques and Sealing.

Itachi has Totsuka Blade.

If speed is unequalized, Obito has better speed feats. Obito is also stronger.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
possibly the Gedo Mazo, but Yata mirror would probably say nope to that lol
Bruuh Chôji could fight Obito's Gedo mazo. Itachi shoulndt have problem.

Madara did defeated all tailed beasts with the Gedo Mazo compared to Obito

Obito stated he cannot use Rinnegan very good remember? Because hes not the original owner of the Rinnegan. This could be the reason.

Choji fighting the Gedo Mazo is just a good feat for him. Doesn't scale to Itachi in anyway. Same Gedo Mazo which can tank attacks from the Eight Tails.

What does this even mean?

He said it consumes a LOT of chakra and it is extremely powerful so it's hard for him to use. Regardless he's shown to be able to use the techniques like summoning and using the Gedo Mazo and also uses Six Paths of Pain on the Edo Jin.

EmperorRorepme said:
Obito has BFR, Rinnegan Techniques and Sealing.
Itachi has Totsuka Blade.

If speed is unequalized, Obito has better speed feats. Obito is also stronger.
If speed is really unequalized and obito is faste then I vote for Obito via speed and sealing

Itachi is able to keep up in h2h with sage Kabuto who's AT LEAST comparable to ems Sasuke. Let alone keeping up with kcm naruto. Obito doesn't have a significant speed advantage if any at all even with speed unequal.

Side note: I'm fine with Obito taking this high diff (though I'm not changing my vote , I'm just saying it's extremely close and could go either way). What this thread made me sure about is that Itachi absolutely needs to be solid sub-rel lol

Also it's not out of character for Itachi to use clones, so kamikaze clones are an option lol

Obito could use deva path simultaneously with human path to take itachis soul, gedo statue to steal the chakra from itachis sasunoo as it could absorb the tailed beast chakra it can absorb any other form of chakra...kamui can counter per se the black flames......tsukiyomi can be counter by another ms......obito has an advantage with the rinnegan...izanagi is counter by izanami vice versa....itachi will win this fight because he has access to that mind controlling genjutsu force obito to kill himself

If uses it he would lose his only wincon, which is kamui. Remember in this form he has a Rinnegan instead of a spare sharingan.

Kamui is not his only wincon. Rinnegan Techniques and sealing which can bind Bijuu.

Susanoo Users can be pulled out of their Susanoo. Gaara did this to Madara by encasing his feet with sand and just pulling him out. Deva Path could easily do this too.

Also what's really stopping Obito from just absorbing Totsuka anyway? Ultimately it's still chakra.

Izanami won't work so Izanagi doesn't matter.

Kotoamatsukami might not even work on Rinnegan. Even then the crow is inside Naruto and isn't standard equipment.

EmperorRorepme said:
Kamui is not his only wincon. Rinnegan Techniques and sealing which can bind Bijuu.

Susanoo Users can be pulled out of their Susanoo. Gaara did this to Madara by encasing his feet with sand and just pulling him out. Deva Path could easily do this too.

Also what's really stopping Obito from just absorbing Totsuka anyway? Ultimately it's still chakra.

Izanami won't work so Izanagi doesn't matter.

Kotoamatsukami might not even work on Rinnegan. Even then the crow is inside Naruto and isn't standard equipment.
We don't know the exact Nature of totsuka blade, but it's a spirit weapon that doesn't have a physical form.

Also you're underestimating how fast Itachi can pull out the Susanoo. He did it after reacting to Kirin approaching him in time to save himself. Keep in mind this Itachi was practically blind, essentially dead, almost out of chakra, and injured from the fight with Sasuke lol

Totsuka Blade is just pure chakra. Spirit in Naruto is just pure chakra as seen with Obito's astral form, Hagoromo's astral form etc.

True I'm just bringing stuff to the table. Obito definitely has more win-cons whilst I can't see anything for Itachi other than getting lucky with the Totsuka.

EmperorRorepme said:
Totsuka Blade is just pure chakra. Spirit in Naruto is just pure chakra as seen with Obito's astral form, Hagoromo's astral form etc.

True I'm just bringing stuff to the table. Obito definitely has more win-cons whilst I can't see anything for Itachi other than getting lucky with the Totsuka.
Obito has one Rinnegan, that he's not even that proficient with, while Itachi can contend with and seal Nagato who has two rinnegan that he's far better at using.

And before you say he only did well because of Naruto and B, think again because Itachi literally saved their lives lol. The only thing they contributed to was 2/3 the energy required to destroy the CT, which Obito never used anyway.

Kunglao105 said:
Obito could use deva path simultaneously with human path to take itachis soul, gedo statue to steal the chakra from itachis sasunoo as it could absorb the tailed beast chakra it can absorb any other form of chakra...kamui can counter per se the black flames......tsukiyomi can be counter by another ms......obito has an advantage with the rinnegan...izanagi is counter by izanami vice versa....itachi will win this fight because he has access to that mind controlling genjutsu force obito to kill himself
There is no way that a mind control genjutsu will work on Obito, especialy since Obitos mind control is much stronger than Itachis.

Obito's genjutsu is not at all stronger than itachi. If you want to argue that he resists it thanks to the Rinnegan, that's one thing. but his mindhax is NOT superior.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Obito's genjutsu is not at all stronger than itachi. If you want to argue that he resists it thanks to the Rinnegan, that's one thing. but his mindhax is NOT superior.
Yes it is. Talk to me when Itachi controls a perfect jinchuriki like a puppet for 10 years, or when he controls Kurama with a base Sharingan.

Back