• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with Madara's Calc

Damage3245 said:
@Shadow; well, when it comes to creating a new calc for the feat, maybe it could go with multiple ends and we can determine the best possible choice at that time.
Then we will basically end up with a repeat of this thread with the same points being brought up to support the highest or lowest ends since it will be based on population

Callsign Castle said:
Yes they are. You realize Pain used both nation and country interchangeably in both pages?
No they are not.

you realize the Hidden Leaf Village would be a nation inside of a Country that country being the Land of fire.

What would the ends be though?

Lowest being 1 billion, and the absoute highest scaling friom our own population of wild mamals in the world being 130 billion...

This is tough...

Edit:

Also of course we can't account for the size of every mamal.

Jvando said:
Then we will basically end up with a repeat of this thread with the same points being brought up to support the highest or lowest ends since it will be based on population
It wont because the Population of that calc was assumed right off the start

the different Population alternatives now have some thing backing them up, it's now just a matter of choosing the most consistent one.

I think generally everyone agrees that the 7.7 Billion is Incorrect

@YungManzi; I don't think the lowest necessarily has to be 1 billion.

And assuming the Shinju connected itself to every single animal on the planet is a leap. In the manga we see two cats being caught in the Genjutsu, and 1 cat being caught by the roots. To extrapolate from that there was 130 billion animals also caught by the roots is a pretty big leap without any additional info.

Damage3245 said:

And assuming the Shinju connected itself to every single animal on the planet is a leap. In the manga we see two cats being caught in the Genjutsu, and 1 cat being caught by the roots. To extrapolate from that there was 130 billion animals also caught by the roots is a pretty big leap without any additional info.
Like... Madara's is simply into cats or what?

Damage3245 said:

1 billion is already a lowball and any lower is just inaccurate and not supported in any fashion.

If it caught animals, it caught animals. Though I guess catching ones that fly would be a bit of a stretch.

Jvando said:
1 billion is already a lowball and any lower is just inaccurate and not supported in any fashion.

If it caught animals, it caught animals. Though I guess catching ones that fly would be a bit of a stretch.
To say with confidence that the global population being lower than 1 billion is inaccurate would require one to already know what the population of the planet is.

No, it would require us to make some reasonable assumptions based on the information presented to us. Not unreasonable calculations based on soft statements that fail to account for other factors and are thus flawed in their entirety.

Even if we assume just mammals were caught in the IT it would still be 130 Billion

I do think personally 1 Billion is a safe lowball, but I agree with Damage that we should have a Calculation that covers everything.

We can either use the Method 1 which would require the calc members to look at it

or we can accept Kep's earlier calc which ended up as Low 5-B I think.

Now that I think about it, wasn't there already an ongoing issue with the god tree's height? wouldn't that affect it? if so this new calc should prob be put on hold until the tree thing is solved unless it was already.

@Shadow; I'll try and re-calc it with each of the methods.

1) Animals and humans together in general have chakra-- but did we even consider the hidden hidden places like https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Ryūchi_Cave & https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Mount_Myōboku ?

The animals in the Narutoverse tend to also be super animals not just wild animals and domesticated ones as well.

2) There should be NO doubt animals weren't a target as showcased in the manga & the anime, they were put under the affects of Infinite Tsukiyomi and wrapped:

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11125/111251022/5187551-rinnegan_cats.png

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-.../s488-Ic42/tumblr_ntt43m38V11s0awsso1_500.gif

https://imgur.com/a/nivYFGf

3) https://i.imgur.com/VpKUqI6.png as shown before it wasn't only one root for every person, it was a multitude of roots. The roots would also reach people indoors as well

Its going to be small planet level to maybe large planet level or drawf star levels with animals included

I don't see any reason to drop the population method

Other verses use it

I don't even see reaosn to kee arguing. We have a time period where everything it takes place from the evidence Shadow brought

To say that we can't use it is jsut nit picking when we can literally low ball it to hell

Calaca is right; I think the technology argument would be more credible if we were looking into the population levels of a verse set on IRL Earth in the past.

The only reason I've seen not to try and extrapolate an estimate for the general population from the numbers we're given on the nation's military is that people can't believe it would be too low.

AstralKing7 said:
I don't see any reason to drop the population method

Other verses use it

I don't even see reaosn to kee arguing. We have a time period where everything it takes place from the evidence Shadow brought

To say that we can't use it is jsut nit picking when we can literally low ball it to hell
I don't think I've ever seen another verse use it. Doesn't mean it's necessarily wrong to under certain circumstances, and it doesn't mean that the method has never been used, but still.

The calc also uses a 500 kilometer height for the god tree which is no longer accepted and has been debunked. Numerous threads have been made to find a height that havent been accepted since.

Everything that couls be wrong is wrong on thus calc.

A lot of assumptions are required to complete it to a point I don't think it's every going to be usuable.

Also, I highly disbelieve that a single root (roots that stretch over the planet) can only hold 36 people trapped in them given how massive they can be.

I don't think I've ever seen another verse use it. Doesn't mean it's necessarily wrong to under certain circumstances, and it doesn't mean that the method has never been used, but still.

No one said if the calcs for other verses were but the fact that this method is acceptable.

The Calaca said:
Appeal to tradition isn't an argument.
If there's hystorical and geographic differences between IRL world and Naruto world, then there's no legit reason to consider this as a legit factor.
Tradition is Irrelevant, this is used for every country and tradition on earth and is just as applicable outside of earth, in fact this method is used for guesswork on how Extraterrestrial civilization would Operate given they are carbon-based lifeforms like us, there are exceptions to this obviously but Naruto hardly meets that criteria when their culture is heavily rooted in Chinese and Japanese mythology while also sharing many many traits we do.

Callsign Castle said:
The five biggest countries on Naruto's planet could only muster a collective 80,000 troops. They were 20,000 people short of a man who mass-produced plant men in the events building up to the war.

How does having billions of people and less than 100,000 capable ninja make any sense?
bold actually wrong cuz

5 small ninja village from five biggest countries on Naruto's planet could muster a collective 80,000 troops

get your things right lol

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I don't recall any animals on the god tree, that doesn't make sense considering it's purpose is to sap chakra from people thus turning them into zetsu for her army I think.
when kaguya first time used IT no one had chakra to began with so .............

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
The calc also uses a 500 kilometer height for the god tree which is no longer accepted and has been debunked. Numerous threads have been made to find a height that havent been accepted since.
Everything that couls be wrong is wrong on thus calc.

A lot of assumptions are required to complete it to a point I don't think it's every going to be usuable.

Also, I highly disbelieve that a single root (roots that stretch over the planet) can only hold 36 people trapped in them given how massive they can be.
current calc didnt use god tree's 500 kilometer height

so where did u get that from?

Omimi said:
Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I don't recall any animals on the god tree, that doesn't make sense considering it's purpose is to sap chakra from people thus turning them into zetsu for her army I think.
when kaguya first time used IT no one had chakra to began with so .............
Not only that, but Earth isn't the only planet Shinju trees have been used on. Chakra isn't a Narutoverse thing, its a Naruto EARTH thing-- the Otsutsuki always quote on how weird the usage of ninja and chakra is. Furthermore 8): shinju trees have been planted all over the universe and have sucked planets dry in general so the trees don't necesariy only have to target things with chakra in it: https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/u...hiki_and_kinshiki_by_fu_reiji_dbg1mly-pre.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_super/11133/111338565/6782243-3914139974-2000

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-47f145be7a9f21aed24c26ec8f51b49b there is another Juubi that was formed separate from the one in the Earth Otsutsuki situation

bold actually wrong cuz

5 small ninja village from five biggest countries on Naruto's planet could muster a collective 80,000 troops

get your things right lol

Prove that there are ninja from areas in their respective countries other than hidden villages. Then prove these locations have anywhere near the manpower of an actual village. Your argument doesn't change anything.

Trying to extrapolate upon their population by their military size and by trying to draw conclusions based on real life militaries is a method that is much more flawed than estimating based on technology level.

Military size can be based on numerous factors and doesn't necessarily have much to do with population as it could be influenced by culture or the type of government. This is doubly so when you realize that the military in Naruto is based upon those who have exceptional skills in controlling their supernatural abilities and are very very few and far in between.

On the other hand, Technological advancement and population do go hand in hand. This isn't an opinion, this is a fact. I'm not sure why you believe you can accurately extract information on their population based on their military size. You're method is flawed to the core and has absolutely no basis.

@Jvando; the basis of the "technological advancement method" seems to be that;

1) Since IRL Earth had X billion people when TV's and Radios (etc) were invented, that therefore any fictional Earth that has TV's and Radios must have X billion people.

Unless I'm mistaking something about that, this seems to fall under the Association fallacy, where "someone claims that since A has certain qualities, and B is in some way associated with A, then B has those qualities as well, without actual proof of this." Or in other words:

1) Since IRL Earth has A when B exists, that therefore any fictional Earth that has B must have A.

Am I overlooking something here?

Back