• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with Madara's Calc

An underground bunker accomodating every single citizen in the Land of Fire is a bit funny.

I could use my vpn...but I'll just let it rock.

Anyway, the only way you're convincing me that the population is below 1 billion is by having nothing short of a legitimate statement which says so.

Because a civilization being hundreds of years more advanced than 1804 in our real world, but having a lower population is ridiculous.

With minimum packing space its possible, but every family depicted is literally carrying their entire lives on their backs, so that's not likely nor is it the case.

Callsign Castle said:
With minimum packing space its possible, but every family depicted is literally carrying their entire lives on their backs, so that's not likely nor is it the case.
What's the size of the bunker?

YungManzi said:
Because a civilization being hundreds of years more advanced than 1804 in our real world, but having a lower population is ridiculous.
I'm not so sure of that. It's a fictional world characterized by having numerous huge wars throughout its history. I don't think there are "minimum standards of population" that really apply here.

Callsign Castle said:
There's only a viewing of the entrance and a giant line of people coming out of Konoha.
That literally doesn't tell me anything as to its size or how many people it can fit, like, at all. We can't even estimate the amount of people as that line is continually extending. Uisng this to say the population is higher or lower than any imaginary number doesn't work to begin with.

@Calsign how is that not likely?, you're assuming the size of the bunker based on what?

If the Population is just 1 Billion then you would need it only be the size of Town to fit in the majority of these people with still space to spare.

that's why we shouldn't use it because it requires assumptions from both sides.

True. Tailed beasts were used as weapons several times in multiple wars. And they wrecked stuff.

I don't remeber it being stated that multiple cities were wiped out in every war though, not enough to halt population growth(Even IRL world wars didn't do much to halt population growth).

Damage makes sense here.

Outside of arguing how large Naruto world's population is, there's also the fact that a single root could take lots of people at the same time. So even if the population remains the same, the calc would be greatly downgraded just from that. Just a single root for every single person is something I can't believe got accepted to begin with.

The Calaca said:
Damage makes sense here.

Outside of arguing how large Naruto world's population is, there's also the fact that a single root could take lots of people at the same time. So even if the population remains the same, the calc would be greatly downgraded just from that. Just a single root for every single person is something I can't believe got accepted to begin with.
^

This. I had problems with the calc even before I knew multiple people could be under a single root. The fact that many people are rooted under one is overkill.

Also, relating to the geography, while I'll admit that I didn't know about the fact that movies and video games existed in the setting (the series looked like it was around the Meiji era to me before that revelation), the fact that there is different geography likely does matter as it means that there's no stupidly high population of China and India there.

The Calaca said:
Damage makes sense here.
Wait. is that how we got a calc from? someone had a single root contain everyone on the planet? Also I think yall are also misunderstading something as well....when people die we do have to count in the fact that others are then born and grow up. We act like that birth doesn't factor in anything

Shadowbokunohero said:
but the Calc does not do that at all.

it places 36 humans per root based on what we have seen.

which is This
Now we only have the problem that there's roughly a couple of hundred of persons in Naruto's world/s

Maybe I'm a little lost, but didin't the calc use 30 something humans for each root and not a single human? Maybe I read it wrong...

We should calculate the Populace of Naruto based on the Information we have, it's not impossible but it would be hard but it would be a good substitute for the current guesswork we have now that's based on nothing.

Shadowbokunohero said:
We should calculate the Populace of Naruto based on the Information we have, it's not impossible but it would be hard but it would be a good substitute for the current guesswork we have now that's based on nothing.
I honestly don't find that possible. We don't even know the amount of people in Konoha, let alone Naruto's entire world.

I just think that the calc is very speculative and should be removed.

by looking at the technology.technology and Population go hand in hand, it's the same way we are able to make well informed guesses of our population in the past.

Shadowbokunohero said:
the calc should be removed but that is not my argument.
My bad. But my point it's that Naruto's world population it's kinda incalculable, as there are a lot of variants to take into account.

Shadowbokunohero said:
by looking at the technology.technology and Population go hand in hand, it's the same way we are able to make well informed guesses of our population in the past.

I think MX3 would be up for the job to clac this tbh. He said he had a problem with the calc anyway which could raise the value

We can find a Low end that's very likely, I mean the 1 Billion is already a low end when you take into account that not just humans are trapped in the IT but animals aswell.

but that would be even harder to Calc so sticking to humans is easier.

Shadowbokunohero said:
We can find a Low end that's very likely, I mean the 1 Billion is already a low end when you take into account that not just humans are trapped in the IT but animals aswell.
Guess that that's fair. Size differences shouldn't make that much difference trouble with it given the amount of giant animals within the Verse.

Big oof. Ignore my stupidity even if it's so big :p.

Okay, the population subject is still a problem and as mentioned above, there are lots of variants to consider to give a good number.

Should we use the China army/population as a rate? Or is it better to dismiss that and use a more belicist country to get the number as a highball considering how nice the Ninja World is?

We see a Cat being ensnared in IT

>Has anyone else seen a cow turn into white zetsu? Pretty sure Kaguya said they come from people, which is the purpose of IT.

The main purpose is to suck up chakra, humans who get caught eventually turn into white Zetsu, the one doesn't negate the other.

Callsign Castle said:
Has anyone else seen a cow turn into white zetsu? Pretty sure Kaguya said they come from people, which is the purpose of IT.
Tbh, they didn't show me any cows so I wouldn't know but if you can find the scan that supports that thing about Kaguya, that would be helpful

I don't recall any animals on the god tree, that doesn't make sense considering it's purpose is to sap chakra from people thus turning them into zetsu for her army I think.

Back