• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with Madara's Calc

Besides the population issue, there's the issue with the timeframe using the free fall of a big rock.

The calculation assumes that a rock that is thrown up by a gigantic root coming out of the ground is in free fall, when it is far more likely that that rock is still being launched upward.

Damage3245 said:
AstralKing7 said:
Also damage...didn't any tell u ablut making so many Naruto crts. U literally just made one the other day and it's a staff only crt while the other isn't even finished
Two is not a huge number.
your crt never end fast sometime they even take months to conclude

so take it easy

Can we focus on the actual content of the CRT and not keep using the same tired tactic of 'attack damage having multiple Naruto threads at once'?

Seriously, it's such a trifling diversionary tactic. The threads he has open on Naruto take forever because no other Staff want to deal with them since the threads get hostile, supporters never agree to any downgrades whatsoever even when they logically make sense, and everyone just scrambles to find new justification to circumvent the thread altogether anyway.

None of this negates the NEED for more accuracy, which is the goal of the wiki and why these threads exist, so please drop this entire line of argumentation whenever you can't back up a thesis properly, it's annoying.

That said: agreed with Damage 100%. The calc has way too many flaws to even utilize and needs re-done or defenestrated, it' literally worthless as-is due to being riddled with inaccuracies and overly-broad presumptions that hyperinflate the results.

The same applies to assuming that there are 7 billion people in the world of Naruto though.

There are countries all around the world in Naruto which is the whole point.

We even hidden islands

The land of grass became relevant

As well as the new countries like Redaku that jsut got revealed

Two is not a huge number.

When ant told u about the first one that didn't get completed yet I'm pretty sure these two will fall in the same category now

Calc has been removed from Madara's profile and the verse page for now.

Code:
@Xulrev thats the point. U are supposed to find justifications when the downgrades are always unreasonable and barely make it anywhere.

Damage3245 said:
Calc has been removed from Madara's profile and the verse page for now.

Nani?? No other calc group member commented here damage nor did any knowledgeable members agree with this move

Ant himself hasn't even commented hereƒñ¿ƒñ¿ƒñ¿

I agree that the calc needs to be redone. But I'm just not sure what we would even put the Naruto verse's population at.

Anything below 1 billion is unrealistic, but any other value is as much guesswork as assuming 7.7 billion.

@AstralKing7; Cal and DDM both agreed that the calc is flawed. And the majority of people on the thread all agree the calc is wrong anyway.

If a new calc is created which is more suitable for use, then it can be added either in this CRT or in a new one.

Dude I said cc group members. Majority of the people here have read naruot novels?? I'm pretty sure not then hella crts would have been made

Point is u did this the wrong way.

U need to make a blog to fix the calc not bring a crt where just anyone can comment on the calc's math plus without having any knowledge on the verse and why numbers get used

@AstralKing7; if a calc is wrong, then it is wrong. The problem here is that it was accepted for use in the first place.

Now that the initial problem has been resolved, the feat can be re-calced.

And it was only a minor change needed, since no tier change took place.

@ Xulrev

> supporters never agree to any downgrades whatsoever even when they logically make sense, and everyone just scrambles to find new justification to circumvent the thread altogether anyway.

This is just a blatant generalization, you're arguing that people need to attack the argument oppose to the person yet here you are standing from a glass house attacking the people opposed to the argumentation, The assumption your making also entirely relies on the fact that every downgrade is Logical and the supporters are being illogical, which is something I take offense to, I am a supporter and have both given my support and unsupport for downgrades in the Naruto franchise. honestly, live by your owns words and stick to the current topic, this type of argumentation does not belong here.

Edit: I think for now Damage's assertion makes the most sense, until we can find something more reliable then it shouldn't be used

Wait. If the earth size in Naruto is assumed the same in IRL, then why is this even being talked about? Are you to tell me we have to make an assumption for the MANY PEOPLE on earth? Have we done that for other calcs as well?

@BlackeJan; as others have brought up in the thread, Earth Size =/= Earth Population.

BlackeJan said:
Wait. If the earth size in Naruto is assumed the same in IRL, then why is this even being talked about? Are you to tell me we have to make an assumption for the MANY PEOPLE on earth? Have we done that for other calcs as well?
do you think earth came to be with 7+billions humans on it from the start ? no ? then the question is legitimate.

i agree with damage.

I pretty much agree with the removal of the calc.

However.

Damage3245 said:
This is a problem because it seems to come without any kind of basis or support. The Naruto Earth is not our Earth, the countries are completely different to ours and estimating population based of of technology level doesn't really work because Naruto's technology is all over the place.

The five biggest nations on the planet (that we know of) plus the Land of Iron could muster a collective military force of about 80,000 soldiers. Even if we were to be super generous and assume that 1 out of every 1000 people in those nations was a Shinobi, that would still only give those six nations collectively around 80,000,000 population. And all the other nations we know of are much smaller than them.
This reasoning has (kinda) some flaws.

It's important to note that Military force of the countries comes from the villages and, as far as I'm aware, only Chünin ranged ninjas and above are allowed to take part of war despite the Chünin exams being an annual event were there's an estimated of 153 Participants were at best there are only 10 promotions and at worst none.

My point is that, unless villages make up for seriously the most of their countries' (which I have to seriously doubt given the size of the villages in proportion to the accepted estimate of Naruto's world's size and the size of the countries within it) overall population, the assumption of 1 out of every 1000 is absurdly high; that without taking into account that the five nations that we know are biggest within their own continent, not the overall world.

@Shadow

The claim "even when it makes logical sense" is provable in any Naruto thread I've participated in, is not a generalization, and is an easily researched idea.

I'm not standing in a glass house when I'm stating facts, please dont try to force a personal squabble where none exists, its twrribly distracting from the thread

Konohagakure is one of the biggest villages within a nation on the planet, and even if you assumed each household had 10 people (and each household had 3 floors for a multi-family property, or 30 to a residence), you'll probably get into the low thousands generously. That's ignoring the fact that there are households that have as little as one person living in them.

There's nothing anywhere that would lead me to believe the entire planet has billions of people.

So, you don't believe the Naruto world even has 1 billion people? So you think our world in 1804 was more populated than the Naruto verse at this time who are far more advanced medically and technologically?

How much sense does that make?

@Xulrev

> The claim "even when it makes logical sense" is provable in any Naruto thread I've participated in, is not a generalization, and is an easily researched idea.

> "I've participated in"

Anecdotal evidence isn't a powerful argument, Drop it, it's a Generalization regardless of your personal feelings.

> I'm not standing in a glass house when I'm stating facts

this has nothing to do with the glasshouse argument, your criticizing people while doing the same thing.

> please don't try to force a personal squabble where none exists, it's terribly distracting from the thread

you made it Personal when you made a massive generalization with the attempt of painting an entire group of diverse people in a negative light to prove some point while using anecdotal cherry-picked arguments that serve no purpose in the thread outside of causing trouble which is something you hypocritically criticized in your own text, this is not the first time you have done this, so Drop it.

Damage3245 said:
@AstralKing7; if a calc is wrong, then it is wrong. The problem here is that it was accepted for use in the first place.

Now that the initial problem has been resolved, the feat can be re-calced.

And it was only a minor change needed, since no tier change took place.

Your right but some calcers believe it will go up in value because the calc is wrong

AstralKing7 said:
Your right but some calcers believe it will go up in value because the calc is wrong
Okay? Well, they're free to calc it and get it evaluated.

Xulrev said:
@Shadow

The claim "even when it makes logical sense" is provable in any Naruto thread I've participated in, is not a generalization, and is an easily researched idea.

I'm not standing in a glass house when I'm stating facts, please dont try to force a personal squabble where none exists, its twrribly distracting from the thread

Provable? Evidence where?

@AstralKing7 + @Xulrev; let's just drop that line of conversation since it is irrelevant to the thread.

Shadow has already asked that it be dropped.

Yeah, the population isn't the problem. And contrary to popular belief, Naruto actually does take place in a modern timeline; it's just that people still use Ninja tools instead of guns. But guns, cars, trains, and even video games exist in the Naruto Universe. However, that being said; I wouldn't use population as a basis for that calculation. But the planet is still Earth sized. And yes, Konoha isn't a country, it's a hidden village within the country/Land of Fire.

Callsign Castle said:
Konohagakure is one of the biggest villages within a nation on the planet, and even if you assumed each household had 10 people (and each household had 3 floors for a multi-family property, or 30 to a residence), you'll probably get into the low thousands generously. That's ignoring the fact that there are households that have as little as one person living in them.

There's nothing anywhere that would lead me to believe the entire planet has billions of people.

Bro bro u do realize how many ninjas the Raikage fought right?????? Without even counting ninjas that he fought human life in big villages liek the Leaf and Cloud is shown to be huge

Raikage himself fought like 10K ninjas if I remember correctly

YungManzi said:
So, you don't believe the Naruto world even has 1 billion people? So you think our world in 1804 was more populated than the Naruto verse at this time who are far more advanced medically and technologically?
How much sense does that make?
The Chinese army is the largest army in the WORLD at 2 million active service members, with a population of 1.3 billion people. India has 1.3 billion people and only has 1.4 million troops. America has less than 500 million people and only 1.3 million troops. North Korea has 25 million people and 1.2 million service members.

The five biggest countries on Naruto's planet could only muster a collective 80,000 troops. They were 20,000 people short of a man who mass-produced plant men in the events building up to the war.

How does having billions of people and less than 100,000 capable ninja make any sense?

Shinobi aren't the only soldiers though; they're the only superhuman ones. But in a Universe where superhumans exist, they'd mostly leave the fighting to the superhumans.

Maybe because while anyone can be a soldier in our world, not anyone can become a seasoned shinobi in the Naruto world? You should read the arguments/statements that have been presented.

Monkey Dunno said:
This reasoning has (kinda) some flaws.

It's important to note that Military force of the countries comes from the villages and, as far as I'm aware, only Chünin ranged ninjas and above are allowed to take part of war despite the Chünin exams being an annual event were there's an estimated of 153 Participants were at best there are only 10 promotions and at worst none.

You cannot compare the size of the ASF army to real life armies to find population sizes.

For one, the composition of the ASF army isn't at all comparable to a real one.

As in, not just any athletic person (Man) can join the ASF army, in fact I'm not even sure if genin were allowed. And most people we see walking around on the streets don't even have clear visual indicators of being ninja at all.

Callsign Castle said:
That literally doesn't change any percentages in the slightest.
And it seems like you are continuing to misunderstand something. Konoha is merely a village inside a much larger nation. Konoha =/= the U.S. or any other country in your analogy, the entirety of the Land of Fire would.

@Callsign

The Shinobi make up a Minority of The Big Hidden village citizens, the Big Villages themselves and Even the Samurai make up a Minority of an even greater populace.

Back