• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with Energy Equalization (Staff Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not staff but just want to say that Aizen never intentionally killed with his reiatsu before, he knew it would happen but just went about his own business. Aizen is the one who flexes most of the time to make peeps back down from the top dog.

Orihime never fights around anyone without reiatsu except in her first fight with Chandelier who had already infected everyone around (the infected even became superhuman iirc so it quite possibly amped them spiritually).

I'm not arguing it doesn't exist. Heck I'm not even asking to remove it anymore (though I'd be elated if it were). I'm saying people added it not for the sake of accuracy but so they'd have an easier time soloing Naruto or something like that and don't try to kid yourselves that it's not the case. Everything wants to be as hax as possible.

The real cal howard said:
Aizen used it against fodder. Normal humans. The only times it has worked is when there's a power gal the size of the space between Michael Strahan's teeth.
That would be the disintegration effect, not the esoteric effects. That is AP based, the esoteric are not.

That's not the point I'm trying to make, IMade. I'm saying that if you take away RC, Aizen wouldn't be any less efficient than he would be otherwise. Not the many effects of Reiatsu.

The real cal howard said:
That's not the point I'm trying to make, IMade. I'm saying that if you take away RC, Aizen wouldn't be any less efficient than he would be otherwise. Not the many effects of Reiatsu.
I want to say that Aizen would not be at full potential from taking aways RC, no matter how efficient he is.

Verse equalization asides, it would be against the wiki rule to restrict it since he has in all tiers for valid matches.

Versus Thread Rules:

• It is fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup. However, matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment. An exception would be if the restricted ability/technique has a separate tier from the main one. In this case the match can be added.

Versus threads are not my area, so I am not of much help here. My apologies.

Antvasima said:
Versus threads are not my area, so I am not of much help here. My apologies.
No problem, Antvasima. I think we should have a valid conclusion soon with those like me whose area of expertise include versus threads.

I have no interest in the Bleach thing but, as for the OP itself, yeah I think it just about sums up my thoughts on the matter

Andytrenom said:
I have no interest in the Bleach thing but, as for the OP itself, yeah I think it just about sums up my thoughts on the matter
Noted, I will take as an agreement then, Andy.

Currently, votes on the changes to the SBA:

Text change would be on Xulrev's interpretatio

The list may be subject to change.

Think i probably said it in the last thread, i agree with SBA allowing interaction between different energy's but no resistances or hax being equalized.

Ok, gotcha, I will add I change your vote, @Celestial Pegasus.

I am mostly neutral, as I am not well-informed enough to draw proper conclusions about this topic.

Antvasima said:
I am mostly neutral, as I am not well-informed enough to draw proper conclusions about this topic.
Ok, @Antvasima, I changed your vote.

Definitely made my stance clear anytime this topic is brought up but here's to never typing it up again. I agree with you, DDM, Xulrev, IMade etc etc.

Ok, AnonymousBlank, I will change your vote. I didn't want to be presumptuous on your stance since it was stated initially here,

Actually, I've come around and changed my mind. To the point where I don't even think energies should interact. It's unfair to cripple characters like that. Unless someone has invulnerability negation, the only types of energy that should be able to get past SOSP Chakra is Senjutsu. Meanwhile Sasuke shouldn't be able to use genjutsu on anything without chakra. Also nobody should be able to sense Beerus unless they explicitly have god ki.

it seems to be called a staff only thread but the opinions of non-staff people are being considered apparently so i will give my opinion :

i am on the agreement team .

I'll suggest the last thing I did in the last thread, and encouge people to discuss it in the versus thread (if its not that explained in the profile). Most of the character just use a variation of life-force or magic (remember to not evaluate according to its name), so one rarely needs to equalize. For example, genjutsu not working in character without chakra is not a problem of equalization, it was stated that it works "infesting" another chakra with the user's, and proceeding to warp their senses, and sisnce even animals have chakra iirc, then I do not see why wouldn't it work in others (just because two energies/forces have different names doesn't means they are different).

Nope it's not from a Naruto so you'd have to have literally the same thing in order for it to work.

That's what you guys want, right? Ultra-specification so that others can't do stuff to your verses?

Oh, I thought the Cal's comment wasn't sarcastic, @Antvasima. The view would be valid thought in non-SBA battle. I think Cal's view was really considered, it just the overall conclusion of the past threads and it looks this thread too points towards the conclusion that no inherent abilities or resistance be obtained or removed from verse equalization.

Sounds like the opposite of what it should be. Note, just cuz the forces share the same name doesn't mean they are the same, and just cuz they have different name means they are different.

I see that the only instances where equalized its needed is in those verses that takes place in a virtual world, or a dreamworld... isekais, that kinda of stuff; I believe that most of the time equalizing is not need, just requiere that both parties to research a little.

Nah, those shouldn't be equalized either. We want as little equalization as possible. Pre-Alicization Kirito is only a computer program and should be treated that way because equalization is the devil.

Actually, even if you have all the resistances in the world you should still get screwed over by RC and NB because you still don't have Reiatsu and Nen so gg.

@Antoniofer, I get what you mean. The problems is that the discussion is still continuing on what really valid. I had many messages wall threads asking for the SBA explanations as a few did believe it was valid to transfer resistances and abilities from verse equalization to characters that don't have them. Not long ago, we add another thread on SBA and the conclusion was no inherent abilities or resistance be obtained or removed from verse equalization. I like many of us don't won't a repeat. This thread was meant for modify the rule to serve a proper conclusion for those discussions. I can add section on the vote section for what you believe would be correct, nonetheless, Antonifer.

Cal , you being salty/toxic is not really helpfull at all . You can state your disagreement without spitting your disdain of the argument and of anyone in favor of it .

you're the only one in the thread acting like that .

Being facetious doesn't help anyone, especially as an admin.

I am sorry for commenting, and not being staff... Please forgive me... But why not make the default be "Energy equalization" for Vsthreads, but make it to where "Unequalized energies" is optional? In a verse thread the losing, or winning character when adding the Win/Loss would need to have that specified "Energies were equalized/Unequalized" on the characters page... The verse thread would also need that "Energies are not equalized' be specified too..

Also, my vote is/was (still is) for that Energy equalization should be only to allow the 2 power sources interact without transfering addtional powers/Resistances...

Why would we assume they can't interact when we haven't even bothered to known how both forces works?

For the same reason we assume that the two specific energies in a neutral setting won't correlate with one another despite many similarities and being based off the same concept. Why specifically choose where equalization begins and ends? Equalize or don't equalize, and apparently the majority want to not equalize.

If they share the same concept (like the qi and ki from Samurai Jack and DB, like chakra and nen from Naruto and HxH) then we do not equalize cuz its not really necessary, both forces are the same as default. At the same time, you can't equalize forces that predates others, such its Cosmo (SS) and Tao (Jingokuraku) to Ki (DB) and Reiryoku (Inuyasha), as the first two are more primordial than the other ones, nor forces that are opposites.

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
I am sorry for commenting, and not being staff... Please forgive me... But why not make the default be "Energy equalization" for Vsthreads, but make it to where "Unequalized energies" is optional? In a verse thread the losing, or winning character when adding the Win/Loss would need to have that specified "Energies were equalized/Unequalized" on the characters page... The verse thread would also need that "Energies are not equalized' be specified too..
Also, my vote is/was (still is) for that Energy equalization should be only to allow the 2 power sources interact without transfering addtional powers/Resistances...
Energies Unequalized are already allowed for energy sources that don't match up. A full Energies Unequalized match can be made outside of SBA. I will updated your vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back