• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
So previously Shiro and everyone who scales to her were 1-A due to the author going into very detailed explanations about The Epilogue being beyond Ever-Expanding Multi-Dimensional Omnipotence etc. Author then deleted some of those details, revising the chapter, and hence Shiro and co now only have a possibly rating. With the new tiering system it's time to put them back at 1-A.

All the proof is in my Shallow Vernal blog, so I will just re-post some of the main parts. The Epilogue is the ability to end a story, if a world is described as a book, then Shallow Vernal/The Epilogue is the phenomenon that can close it. If the beings within the series are compared to characters in a story, then Shallow Vernal is the reader, thus no matter how powerful, omnipotent, omniscient, or whatever being you are beyond that, it holds no meaning to her.

[Let me give you a brief description.]
As she said this, Eden-san made a book appear in her hand, casually opened it and showed it to Alice. On its page, there is a drawing of what seems to be a universe.

[For example, let's assume that the beings depicted on this page…… are infinite identical beings in an infinite multidimensional universe, with even higher capabilities of omniscience and omnipotence. One of them can erase multiple galaxies with a single breath, and obliterate worlds with a casual wave of their hand. How would you…… defeat such a being?]

[……An infinitely omnipotent being huh…… I honestly couldn't think of any. I might be able to pull off their authority and take them down one of them, but they'll just make up for it soon enough…… With its infinite numbers, it's impossible for me to defeat all of her bodies at the same time. I mean, in the first place, is it even possible to defeat such a being?]

[I, at least, wouldn't be able to beat such a being. Well then, as to what Shallow Vernal would do against such a being…… it's very simple. All she will do is this.]

Saying that, Eden "closed" the book.

[……That is Shallow Vernal's power. "End a story"…… Faced against an omniscient and omnipotent being, even with all the omniscience and omnipotence this being had, she would end their story. Faced with a being that exists in an infinite multidimensional universe which is more omniscient and omnipotent than other Gods, she would end the story of this being that exists in an infinite multidimensional universe which is more omniscient and omnipotent than other Gods.]

[……………….]

[If a world is described as a book, then Shallow Vernal is a being…… no, the phenomenon that can close it. There is no story that never ends. Whether it is tragedy, comedy, or stagnation…… There is an end to every story. Therefore, no matter who it is, no matter what kind of being it is…… They're no match for Shallow Vernal. No matter how long you try to delay it, everything will eventually end.]

[……And…… that's why…… She's the Epilogue……]

[For example, suppose an omnipotent being had the ability to "nullify the abilities of Shallow Vernal". Then, what will happen is that…… "she would end the story of the being that has the ability to nullify the abilities of Shallow Vernal".]

As lightly as if she were singing and as sonorously as if she were looking up to the heavens, Eden continues to speak. The story of Shallow Vernal, the system that ends the story……

[Well then, what do you think would happen if there was a being that had completely obliterated Shallow Vernal's very being at the beginning of their encounter, without giving her a chance to use her abilities?]

[……"She would end the story of this being that has completely obliterated Shallow Vernal-sama"?]

[Yes, that's right. It may seem contradictory, but that will definitely happen. The moment Shallow Vernal appears is the Epilogue. No matter how long you stretch your story out, it will end someday. She is the phenomenon that brings the end itself. When the book is closed, the story comes to an end. When the curtain is pulled down, the stage is over…… You may go back to the start again, but it will be the reader who decides whether your story is opened again. If we are to be compared to the characters of a story…… She would be the reader.]

[…………………]

[No matter how powerful, omnipotent, omniscient, or whatever being you are beyond that…… All of it holds no meaning to her. All of it holds no worth in front of her.]-Chapter 547

Side note, don't take the mentions of omnipotence seriously, in series it just refers to the powerful beings, the world creators, who are higher dimensional

The range of the Epilogue can never be limited, and it's an outlier beyond comparison to other abilities

-Chapter 1267

Faced with an Omniscient and Omnipotent being, the Epilogue ends that being, faced with a Beyond Omniscient and Omnipotent being, it brings an end to that being, faced with a being immune to the Epilogue, it brings that being to their end etc. This is because the Epilogue is an ability that will always stand at the end in all conditions, and no countermeasures hold any meaning against it

-Chapter 1267

Directly continuing off this, is where the author decided to remove some details, as shown in the previous downgrade thread, regardless what's left is this:

Extreme it may sound, but even if they're the "Strongest Imaginable", their existence would be "nothing more but paper in a book", holding no meaning whatsoever.-Chapter 1267

Even the Strongest Imaginable, would be nothing more than paper in a book compared to the Epilogue

The Epilogue has no limits or restrictions on its target's size, area of effect, or distance to be covered

-Chapter 1267

So with all these I think The Epilogue qualifies for 1-A. Not sure if it can somehow qualify for higher though, the ability of the Epilogue is to close a story, being the reader, everyone else being characters, but as I posted above there is also the aspect of always standing at the end in all conditions, because it's the end of all stories, so even if someone was immune to the Epilogue, or capable of dealing with it, it would still bring them to their end, and even the strongest imaginable would be nothing more than paper in a book.

Not sure if this is: just resistance negation, some sort of RE, which makes the Epilogue always at the end, thus is superior to baseline 1-A's, or 1 layer above 1-A, or with this superiority being in terms of r>f, The Epilogue could continuously climb in 1-A.

Need opinions, it's at least baseline 1-A, but not sure if it qualifies for higher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back