• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Touma's Imagine Breaker able to null stat boost and/or transformation?

Yes but only supernatural ones, but the ones you said in the OP i don't think he can, the SSJ i'm not sure, but the stats boosts in Pokemon can't be nulled, with the exceptions of the more supernaturals.

I would say it very much depends how it works.

We saw when Touma revived Himegami as she was 'killed' by Aureolus that supernaturally imposed states are stuff Touma can outright negate just touching someone, as long as the source isn't something specific (like the time Touma had to reach deep down his throat as the source of the magical affliction was that, rather than something affecting him as a whole).

So I would personally say both of those could be negated with a touch unless the source isn't supernatural, or is something more specific Touma would need to touch.

Yes.

SMT buffs and debuffs for example he can.

Transformations depends. If it's a biological mutation from cells, maybe not .Super Saiyan he likely can't, but if they're transformations that require power and energy then yes.

It's very context sensitive but the short answer is Yes, but it depends.

Definitely transformation. When a clone of Touma was also having a Dragon Shell, Real Touma can use IB to destroy that Dragon Shell, turning the clone back to human form. Happens in the final Shinyaku Volume.

Some transformations he can't, like L6S Mikoto, there are a lot of factor that might change the answer.

Wasn't that a different sort of issue though?

Still, Ki is supernatural energy even ghosts can use and is not entirely different from the magic energy magicians get from refining their life force. I would say he could, but it is for sure something that no majority would agree with.

Actually, anything that can be recreated after the null is "resistant" to IB, like Accel's shield, L6S, the Golem, the only ones who will be completely nulled are the ones who needs a specific item to be activated.

Rather than an specific item, is just the ones that are kept up by some source.

For espers, it is their brain as it is the source of their powers, so nothing can be done for the source. Likewise, the life force of a magician is their source of power, both entirely natural and impossible to erase for IB, so he couldn't remove the ability to do magic forever

Something like a status buff would be gone permanently until the buff is applied again, for example.

When i said specific item i was talking about transformations granted be items (can't remember one), if IB touchs the item the transformation will be nulled forever.

Back