• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is This Statement Applicable For High 8-C?

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
I've been working on profiles for a game and one of the gadgets has this statement:

Converts power into ammunition. Nevermind the fact that you would need 9,000,000,000 Joules of energy to make 100 grams of ammunition.
It's clearly referring to mass-energy conversion, but it gives a result almost exactly 1,000,000x lower than the actual mass-energy conversion value for 100 grams (8.9874044e+15 Joules, lying in Low 7-B, Small City level).

For it being applicable/scalable, all gadgets use energy to function, and this energy can also be used with other gadgets to slow time, deploy a bomb that steals health from enemies, destroy projectiles, heal, and freeze enemies. So this statement couldn't directly scale, but could in a roundabout way (same energy source is used to deal damage that enemies don't instantly die from).

For it being an outlier, the only other feats in the game are three different explosio animations, giving a result around 9-B, compared to the High 8-C from this statement.

As I've said before, if we're using the math, we should use the right math, and if it doesn't work, let's just stick to 9-B.

I'm not fussed either way, but I've heard varying opinions from people on the subject. I just want to know how to tier my upcoming verse.

Bump.

Neither value is applicable, the "nevermind" implies that the creation ignores the stated requirement and mass energy is not strongly supported.

Bump.

Wait, did Assalt mean 9-B as in tier 9-B (the other feat for the verse), or as in 9 billion joules (the number from the statement)?

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

_____;

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Obviously it should be 5-A.

Nah, 9-B seems safer here.

Actually, if this affects it being an outlier, one of the main characters got recruited into a galaxy-controlling organization, one member of which trapped Adrian in an infinite time loop for not joining.

Well, I'm not certain if the 100 grams of ammunition actually do utilize the 9 Gigajoules of energy that are stated because the way it's worded makes it sound like the creation is ignoring that requirement, but that's subjective.

Contextually it'd make no sense for the ammo that is created to be weaker than the process that creates it so it should scale.

I think it is possible that it would be high 8-C, but since there are three different explosions showing a consistent 9-B tier, it would be for the best just to say 9-B. Also the 3 actual explosion feats hold more credibility than a statement.

Seems like the consensus is just 9-B, I've gone with that on the page.

Back