• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Turning part of a mountain into diamond through pure pressure. If not, what should I change to make it calculable? And if so, what's the tier?

well what's the mountain made of? if it's made of carbon-based substances then it should theoretically be possible.

I have a method, not sure if is true, but is needed 1 700 000 atm of pressure to create artificial diamonds without temperature effects, that is 172 252.5 J/cc, so maybe multiplied that for the mountain volume could work?

EDIT: most likely that only works with volume of cabon, since common rock could be converted to diamond

Antoniofer said:
I have a method, not sure if is true, but is needed 1 700 000 atm of pressure tp create artificial diamonds without temperature effects, that is 172 252.5 J/cc, so maybe multiplied that for the mountain volume could work?
that could work theoretically if we assume the mountain is mostly made of that could work theoretically if we assume the mountain is mostly made of carbon-based substances

No problem, another method more accurate is to find the mass of the already made diamond and convert it to an equivalent of carbon volume, and then multiplied that volume per 172 252.5 J/cc. That assuming that the proceding is correct, would be needed discuss that.

@Antoniofer if that was done, would it also be needed to add the energy to pulverize the rest of the mountain, since they would likely have to get rid of the rest of the mountain as well?

mmm... I would need to make some experiments with that, pulverizing the entire mountain would be higher that turning the carbone from that mountain into diamond. If that mountain contain the same composition that the average Earth's crust, that's means that only 3.6% is the mass of carbone, so, using the constant from above, the volume that should be used is v = 1.593*10^(-5) * Mountain weight (kg), or 4.3*10^(-2) * Mountain volume (m^3)

Back