• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this not enough for total universal destruction? (yes, a DBS question)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if that is actually uncountably infinite or not, it sounds like it since the amount of real numbers between 1 and 0 is uncountably infinite, but they don't consider that low 2-C. I suggest you make a q and a thread about this and tag me in it.
Now that i think about it, maybe it's not but i could be wrong again. I guess i'll make a thread.

I'm pretty sure moon level roshi only got accepted because Seth made a video lol. I could be wrong though
alright we know what we need to do now
image0.jpg

As Beerus and Champa are destroying 2 space-time continuums. Basically any destruction statement that involve 2 or more space-time continuums would be tier 2 at default since they require to affect the space-time of those dimensions.
What about the other parallel worlds (Other World, Realm of the Kai's, Demon Realm) that Goku and Beerus' energy eruption was panning to erase?

What about the other parallel worlds (Other World, Realm of the Kai's, Demon Realm) that Goku and Beerus' energy eruption was panning to erase?
Those aren't accepted as separate space times, else how tf would this feat be low 2-C? We are discussing this in one other thread though if you want to talk about 2-C u7.

Since we are talking about destroying universes and time, why is destruction of even 1 second of space-time not Low 2-C? Also why does the space-time need to be as big as the universe for it to qualify for Low 2-C, if you were destroying a room, that has it's own space-time, across past present and future wouldn't it also be Low 2-C? As far as i know both of these would be Low 2-C mathematically.
if the verse treats it like that, yes, but most fiction gives math a middle finger

So, just from my experience, this isn't going to work.

With this, I see a few problems: the various realms of the DB verse are not separate dimensions so much as physical locations. A dead person can travel between the realm of the dead and the living should they have the means to, like flight or teleportation. Second, being 4D does not mean time is getting destroyed. 4D refers to spatial dimensions, not time. Time is only a "dimension" in the loosest possible sense. Destroying the universe without destroying time is just a really big "reduce to a void" feat, and not on the same level as destroying the space-time continuum of a universe, which would technically be greater. This is very different, especially in a verse like DB where there are multiple universes. The fight might've destroyed nearly everything in the universe (sans Beerus and maybe Goku), but it would not have destroyed it so much that the number of universes would be reduced by one, with no way to travel to or exist inside the universe. That's the difference between 3-A and 2-C universal destruction.

And yes, the natural argument to follow would be to say that time is meaningless in a giant void. It is, but it's not gone. The background radiation of the universe, the photons created by the explosions, that stuff wouldn't cease to exist, at least for a while. That's why the destruction of time or a timeline is necessary to qualify as a higher tier. The difference is small, but significant.

Now, if this fight showed something like Future Trunks's timeline being affected, then 2-C is back on the table because it's affecting multiple space-times, even if it's within the same universe.

Since we are talking about destroying universes and time, why is destruction of even 1 second of space-time not Low 2-C? Also why does the space-time need to be as big as the universe for it to qualify for Low 2-C, if you were destroying a room, that has it's own space-time, across past present and future wouldn't it also be Low 2-C? As far as i know both of these would be Low 2-C mathematically.
You are fundamentally misunderstanding space-time. Destroying a room destroys nothing but the room. To destroy the room in space-time, you would have to destroy its place in the timeline; for example, if you destroy a room but a time traveler can go back in time and sit in the room before it's destroyed, you have not affected space-time. To destroy the room in spacetime it would have to cease to exist in both the past and future.

Last edited:
the various realms of the DB verse are not separate dimensions so much as physical locations
Except they are separate dimensions—hermetically-sealed as well.

The Demon Realm is a world parallel to the Universe and is the other side of the Living World coin.
The Other World is a higher realm sealed off of from the Living World and contains its own sub-dimensions: Heaven, Yemma's Realm, and Hell.
The Sacred World of the Kai is a dimension that hovers around the universal globe and is about a fraction of its size.

You are fundamentally misunderstanding space-time. Destroying a room destroys nothing but the room. To destroy the room in space-time, you would have to destroy its place in the timeline; for example, if you destroy a room but a time traveler can go back in time and sit in the room before it's destroyed, you have not affected space-time. To destroy the room in spacetime it would have to cease to exist in both the past and future.
But i did say that you would destroy room across past present and future.
Would it be Low 2-C?

whatever it is, we can't assume the spacetime being destroyed by anything

(not talking about dragon ball)
Well, the point is that Dragon Ball explicit treats Universes as 4-D structures, that's why statements like ''destroy the entire universe'' should be tier 2

Sorry if this sounds stupid or something, but what the hell does having time erasing hax have to do with low 2-C AP
it's not time hax, it's 4D power

a timeline contains uncountably infinite 3D "moments" just like how a cube contains uncountably infinite squares, destroying a timeline (low 2C) is uncountably infinite times stronger than just destroying a universe (3A)

it's not time hax, it's 4D power

a timeline contains uncountably infinite 3D "moments" just like how a cube contains uncountably infinite squares, destroying a timeline (low 2C) is uncountably infinite times stronger than just destroying a universe (3A)
So if timelines and universes are different things then timeline destruction not being present doesn’t mean that destroying the universe isn’t a universal destruction feat

and even if you have to destroy a timeline to destroy a universe then
the fact that goku can destroy a universe makes the timeline thing given
If I say that I’m going to stab the inside of an orange, and I have to stab the orange peel first to get to it, then it’s given that I stabbed the orange peel first because if A must happen for B to happen and I do B, then you know I did A
but maybe I’m just misunderstanding you somehow?

So if timelines and universes are different things then timeline destruction not being present doesn’t mean that destroying the universe isn’t a universal destruction feat
a timeline is the universe, just the whole part of it

a blast would usually only destroy the 3 spatial axis of the universe (3A)

but if it's implied that the destruction included the timeline (the 4th temporal axis) it's low 2C

and even if you have to destroy a timeline to destroy a universe then
the fact that goku can destroy a universe makes the timeline thing given
If I say that I’m going to stab the inside of an orange, and I have to stab the orange peel first to get to it, then it’s given that I stabbed the orange peel first because if A must happen for B to happen and I do B, then you know I did A
but maybe I’m just misunderstanding you somehow?
that's not how it works because u destroy the matter usually, not the timeline

In this scan from chapter 476 of z Goku says time doesn't exist in afterlife so is this that enough for 2-C bog since this implies afterlife is an seperate space time and the translations are from hermes the viz translation for this part are shit
Screenshot_20210913-161947_Chrome.jpg

In this scan from chapter 476 of z Goku says time doesn't exist in afterlife so is this that enough for 2-C bog since this implies afterlife is an seperate space time and the translations are from hermes the viz translation for this part are shit
Screenshot_20210913-161947_Chrome.jpg
That statement always confused me, it implies time doesn't exist, but time DOES exist in the after life.

I double checked on japanese dragon ball Wiki(with machine translation) and it does seems that afterlife is timeless

but if it's implied that the destruction included the timeline (the 4th temporal axis) it's low 2C
Ok this seems like just some fake science
but if it is true then it doesn’t change anything since we still know Goku still destroyed multiple universes, and therfore timelines, right?

Ok this seems like just some fake science
but if it is true then it doesn’t change anything since we still know Goku still destroyed multiple universes, and therfore timelines, right?
no, it's not fake science, learn about dimensions

again, i don't care about dragon ball scaling, I'm just making the difference between 3A and low 2C clear

no, it's not fake science, learn about dimensions

again, i don't care about dragon ball scaling, I'm just making the difference between 3A and low 2C clear
I know a bit about dimensions and what you’re saying makes no sense but I’m gonna assume it’s some top tier science beyond me since it doesn’t disprove my point anyways

Because it doesn't have time it's separate from normal worlds time
I understand if it's time works differently than the normal world, but if it's literally stated that it has no time then how is it a space time?
it's a separate spacetime because the time flow in it is different, what's your point? what is it if it's not a timeline?
My point is that the afterlife is stated to have no time, not that the time flow in it is different which means that the afterlife is not a regular "space time continuum".

I know a bit about dimensions and what you’re saying makes no sense but I’m gonna assume it’s some top tier science beyond me since it doesn’t disprove my point anyways
if u know about dimensions then sure, hear me out

1 dot, 0D

1 line, 1D, uncountably infinite dots

okay, the universe is 3D, from it's start to it's end, how many "snapshots" or "moments" there are? uncountably infinite, just simply destroying the universe is 3A, but destroying all the timeline, past, presence and future, is 4D, and requires uncountably infinite more power to do so. hope this is clear

again, I'm not disproving your point, I'm just teaching u the difference between 3D and 4D universes

in simple terms, all universes are 4D, but not all universe busting feats are 4D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back