• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Regenerationn based on your soul that is hidden elsewhere both Type 8 and Low-Godly?

So in Tower of God there's a character named Hell Joe who is immortal because his soul is hidden away in the soul room. is that both Type 8 and Low-Godly?

Kaltias said:
Nah it's only Low-Godly, just more difficult to bypass then usual
But doesn't Voldemort have 8 for exactly that? I mean that's literally what a hoercrux (can't spell it) is a bit of your soul hidden somewhere.

Edit: tho on second thought he doesn't really regenerate do to them and I don't know anything about this Joe so I'm probably wrong.

It's a bit different. A Horcrux is a physical object with a fragment of soul tied to it.

If the disembodied essence alone is creating a new body it's Low-Godly

It isn't his soul itself, it's a contract. If he decided to take his soul back from the soul room he'd stop regenerating.

It still sounds like Low-Godly, unless it has conditions like "the contract needs to remain intact" (assuming that it's a physical contract. If it's "souls in the soul room can regen", it's Low-Godly)

I don't think it's quite like this. Hell Joe has his immorality due to a spell over the entire floor. Part of that spell locks their souls inside of the spirit room. If the spell breaks or is bypassed, then they can die same as anyone else. But they haven't been shown to regenerate from their soul. Baam bypassed the spell and killed a minion of Hell Joe, but he didn't destroy their soul, which was still in the spirit room, yet the minion still died. It feels more like the Regenerationn type of immortality, or something of that sort as opposed to Low-Godly Regenerationn.

The point was to show Baam's ability to ignore contracts, though. It's the same situation with the 13 month series, Yuri was able to stop Joe's minion from regenerating his arm by chopping it off with her weapon even though she didn't do anything to his soul.

Hmmm. I do see your point in that they can regenerate as long as they have their soul intact. I guess what I'm saying is that Baam killed one even though their soul stayed intact. Meaning that their regen and immortality comes from the spell. But bypassing it doesn't require some to bypass Low-Godly regen, only that they can bypass the spell.

Alright. I can understand giving Hell Joe and then Low-Godly. But on the other thread, I don't think that Baam and Zahard should be given the ability to bypass such. Only that the black hole sphere has some kind of power nullification with regards to this spell of immortality. As, once again, their souls weren't harmed.

The reason Baam would even receive Regen Negation in the first place is because the souls presumably weren't destroyed. Destroying the souls wouldn't be negating their Regenerationn since it's just destroying them beyond their ability to regenerate.

To go back to my DB example, Goku doesn't have Mid-High negation for destroying Buu since the damage from the Spirit Bomb was simply greater than Buu's regen could handle. To qualify he'd need to do something like chop a finger off and have Buu unable to regenerate it even though he'd normally be more than capable of doing so.

So that means we have two possibilities. Either Baam negated their Regenerationn outright, or he bypassed the spell. The latter seems more likely.

It's essentially the same thing for this wiki's purposes considering verse equalization. Goku specifically overpowered Hit's time stop by being stronger than him, but he's been given a general resistance to time stop. Power nullification abilities that only work on a certain type of in-verse power are assumed to be able to affect other verses' power sources. Abilities are generalized and assumed to work against other verses even if the mechanics aren't the exact same, so Baam negating regen by ignoring the contract doesn't mean that's the only way he can do it in the context of this wiki.

Hmmm, so it's just another wiki thing? That seems strange, as power nullification and Regenerationn negation are two distinct kinds of hax. And the way in which Baam regenerated their negation wasn't through brute force like Goku, but through hax. But did the hax outright negate their Regenerationn, or did it bypass the spell? Given the showings in verse, it's highly plausible that it just bypassed the spell.

Well if it bypasses the spell then it also negates the Regenerationn since that's also part of the spell since thats what really makes their immorlality.

Bypassing the spell makes it power nullification, not Regenerationn negation.

Kinda like how if someone can negate Natsu's magic, that person has magic nullification, not some kind of hax to remove any kind of fire from existence.

@Teon

Yes, we should give Regen Negation (Up to Low-Godly) to Zahard, Baam and others. For example, FH Zeref only has Regen Mid-High with Time Reversal ie using Time Magic to regenerate and even so, Natsu has Regen Negation (up to Mid-High) for denying this type of Regenerationn without being natural Regenerationn, but with another method of Regenerationn and this is no different from the case of the henchmen of Hell Joe and Baam.

Enryu The Red Tower said:
@Teon
Yes, we should give Regen Negation (Up to Low-Godly) to Zahard, Baam and others. For example, FH Zeref only has Regen Mid-High with Time Reversal ie using Time Magic to regenerate and even so, Natsu has Regen Negation (up to Mid-High) for denying this type of Regenerationn without being natural Regenerationn, but with another method of Regenerationn and this is no different from the case of the henchmen of Hell Joe and Baam.
But your forgetting... there not actually regenerating from there soul. The contract is keeping them alive so there's no reason to assume it's low godly. It would be what there best feat of Regenerationn is.

Edit: and make a gosh darn thread... this is the question and answer borde this discussion is irrelevant to the question which has been answered.

Darkmon cns said:
Edit: and make a gosh darn thread... this is the question and answer borde this discussion is irrelevant to the question which has been answered.
Sorry ... so I'm going to do another Thread on this, or keep talking on Thread on that doubt popped up.

Back