• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is it Wrong to Try and Contain an SCP Breach?

A portal opens between the Dungeon and the Foundation, letting a pale monstrosity lose on a young man who was just looking to farm XP.
  • SCP 096 is in his first key, Bell is in his second key
  • Speeds are equalized
  • Standard equipment is provided
  • SBA otherwise
Bell:

SCP-096:

SCP-096 scales to 0.0815 Tons, while Bell vastly upscales from 0.0393 tons (able to casually kill three monsters comparable to this feat), so roughly in SCP-096's favor

096 sheer survivability and endurance probably means he eventually wins this fight. I mean he did fight 682 for over a day straight.

096 sheer survivability and endurance probably means he eventually wins this fight. I mean he did fight 682 for over a day straight.
the fight wont even last that long. Bell has literally no advantages over 096 except intelligence and skill, but those advantages almost never get anyone anywhere with him.

the fight wont even last that long. Bell has literally no advantages over 096 except intelligence and skill, but those advantages almost never get anyone anywhere with him.
not really abel is suprisingly skilled/ The dude has been honing his skills since the dawn of man

Has 096 ever got tired? Only time I remember him not killing his target is v the powercreep reptile and even then he just got scared and gave up rather than tired.

Then its a stomp yea.

Has 096 ever got tired? Only time I remember him not killing his target is v the powercreep reptile and even then he just got scared and gave up rather than tired.
he never really uses all his stamina in a encounter. he always gives up before that happens.
Then its a stomp yea.
096 can give up if Bell survives long enough (096 does not use all his stamina before giving up, so this could work), and could just beat 096 down with ranged attacks until he stops
his only wincon is to range spam, and im not sure if its in character for Bell to spam ranged attacks, but if he doesn't prior knowledge should be given to let him do that. Even with this 096 can outlast as long as he doesn't give up before them, due to him being able to run out of mana and be forced to go into coma.

so, this is a valid match as far as i know.

What do you mean he gives up? He fought 682 for more than a day straight and only gave up because 682 is literally ******* Unkillable.

What do you mean he gives up? He fought 682 for more than a day straight and only gave up because 682 is literally ******* Unkillable.
and 682 couldn't reliably put him down either.

he gave up because neither could do shit to each other, and 682 was beginning to mentally scar 096. Bell would have to hurt him into submission here, which ISN'T what 682 did. 682 more or less outlasted 096 along with some mental scarring. reading the termination log says that 096 was 'wounded' in quotation marks, meaning 096 was barely damaged compared to 682, meaning 682 most likely did not attack as much as 096 did.

Bell just needs to focus on stopping him from moving. aiming for his legs and such to limit his movement over and over again can make 096 give up, as after a while of not being able to reach Bell at all would make him quit. 682's fight lasted as long as it did as 096 was technically getting somewhere with his fight, and it did in the end with 682 being left 15 percent of his body mass left. in this situation he wouldn't being doing that, making it far more likely he'd drop it earlier than he did with 682 as he wouldn't be getting anywhere at all, regenerating and being put down over and over without any progress on killing his opponent WILL make 096 give up faster.

Don't know about 096 and my knowledge about Danmachi is mostly from the anime (and my memorie about somethings are a bit foggy since I saw the anime time ago, especially the part covered by this key), but still will try to give my little input.

About Fire Ball Bell indeed spam it, not stupidly to the point of run out of mana but hr still use it a lot and is eager to use it.

Skill wise Bell is no joke, like he fight against hordes of enemies various times, fight against stronger and faster opponents without problem (like, most his fights are against stronger foes), and fight against a great variety of monsters with different characteristics/abilities. He also defeated the Minotaur that Ottar (one of the most skilled and strongest characters in the world) trained, said Minotaur was far superior than Bell in all stats and Bell even had a trauma against Minotaurs. This Bell I think already also trained with Aiz (one of the most skilled characters in the world) and amazed her with his growth both in stats and skill.

About stamina most of the feats I remember (the most impressive ones basically) are from later keys so they are more or less invalid, but despite so this Bell still show a high pain tolerance, and about stamina itself in vol 1 he fought against hordes of monster for like half a day or a day (don't remember exactly) this when he still didn't had his op growth and was far weaker.

Also, it wasn't mentioned but his luck will probably help him.

Bell profile is greatly outdated but even so I still think he probably take this.

About Fire Ball Bell indeed spam it, not stupidly to the point of run out of mana but hr still use it a lot and is eager to use it.
096 has immunity to pain and regeneration to cover that.
Skill wise Bell is no joke, like he fight against hordes of enemies various times, fight against stronger and faster opponents without problem (like, most his fights are against stronger foes), and fight against a great variety of monsters with different characteristics/abilities. He also defeated the Minotaur that Ottar (one of the most skilled and strongest characters in the world) trained, said Minotaur was far superior than Bell in all stats and Bell even had a trauma against Minotaurs. This Bell I think already also trained with Aiz (one of the most skilled characters in the world) and amazed her with his growth both in stats and skill.
scp-682 fought and killed SCP-076. the most skilled character in the world doesn't sound as impressive as mastering all martial arts on earth and more martial arts not even native to earth.. and 096 fought for two days against him, without stopping or tiring, and then stalemated him.
About stamina most of the feats I remember (the most impressive ones basically) are from later keys so they are more or less invalid, but despite so this Bell still show a high pain tolerance, and about stamina itself in vol 1 he fought against hordes of monster for like half a day or a day (don't remember exactly) this when he still didn't had his op growth and was far weaker.
fighting for an entire day at best is far lower than 096 fighting for two days against 682 and not in the slightest tired.

096 has immunity to pain and regeneration to cover that.

scp-682 fought and killed SCP-076. the most skilled character in the world doesn't sound as impressive as mastering all martial arts on earth and more martial arts not even native to earth.. and 096 fought for two days against him, without stopping or tiring, and then stalemated him.

fighting for an entire day at best is far lower than 096 fighting for two days against 682 and not in the slightest tired.
The heat can turn him to ashes if he don't have resistance to heat though. Also, the profile don't make it look like the regen is combat applicable, could you show a time in which the regeneration healed him in middle of combat? And the most he regenerated in a short time since Bell could turn him to ashes.

The profile only mention 682 in the second key so why would this key scale to that? The profile of 682 also mention he is animalistic/berserk like in combat, there is also no mention of something like that in his profile despite how big of a combat feat it would be defeat in skill someone that skilled, or in general no mention in the profile that is someone skilled. Also, I didn't go in dept about the skill thing because 1) I don't remember the most detailed things that make his fight looks impressive 2) Because his profile and the profiles of the other characters are outdated (bad) and are missing things like instinctive reactions, reactive power levels, etc, on top of course of their intelligence section be quite bad 3) I got the impression that the rest of people also thought that Bell have the skill advantage.

The profile of 096 mention that their fight took 27 hours, which is barely a bit more than a day, I also don't know how the fight go (like what powers 682 used or the difference is stats), so if you could post quotes showing the fight it could be more impressive. Also, for what was said in the thread seem like 096 ended traumed so I'm not sure if is the best feat.

The heat can turn him to ashes if he don't have resistance to heat though. Also, the profile don't make it look like the regen is combat applicable, could you show a time in which the regeneration healed him in middle of combat? And the most he regenerated in a short time since Bell could turn him to ashes.
Kinda irrelevant, It's stated to be able to continue fighting after having his belly obliterated by a ant aerial rocket and... It just continued to walk in direction of the city, and multiple times was stated to still fighit as just a skeleton(trough this second part is extended cannon...)

ER-A motions to ER-3 again. ER-3 fires three more shots; the first two miss, and the third hits SCP-096 in the head. SCP-096 falls, skids, and rolls several times, reducing its speed minimally. SCP-096 rolls to its feet and continues unabated.

Camera pans up to see eight V-22 Ospreys (belonging to MTF Tau-1) flying overhead and past the helicopters on the same outbound vector as SCP-096. Camera cuts out.
It took It like nothing and continue to go in the direction of SCP-096-1

Kinda irrelevant, It's stated to be able to continue fighting after having his belly obliterated by a ant aerial rocket and... It just continued to walk in direction of the city, and multiple times was stated to still fighit as just a skeleton(trough this second part is extended cannon...)
So he didn't regenerated his belly at the moment? So isn't confirmed that he can fight without his flesh? Because then Bell can turn his flesh to ash (especially because since his flesh seem to be extremely weak) and done, and how durable are supposed to be his bone? And their resistance to heat?

So he didn't regenerated his belly at the moment? So isn't confirmed that he can fight without his flesh? Because then Bell can turn his flesh to ash (especially because since his flesh seem to be extremely weak) and done, and how durable are supposed to be his bone? And their resistance to heat?
Well... he kinda had It regenerated the next time 096 was mentioned in the same chase, and about his bones... well the only reall material we have is extended cannon to say It were he survived as just a skeleton swiming in the sun

I really wouldn't doubt his bones are just invulnerable sinse untill this point the foundation wasn't able to damage them, trough sinse most of It is extended cannon It's probable not 100% applicable to his profile cannon key

Well... he kinda had It regenerated the next time 096 was mentioned in the same chase, and about his bones... well the only reall material we have is extended cannon to say It were he survived as just a skeleton swiming in the sun

I really wouldn't doubt his bones are just invulnerable sinse untill this point the foundation wasn't able to damage them, trough sinse most of It is extended cannon It's probable not 100% applicable to his profile cannon key
Then I guess the regen indeed will be useful.

And since extended canon things can't apply to original canon then there is nothing saying that Bell couldn't actually break or melt them no? Especially break them if he charge his Argonaut, which should be possible to complety charge if his luck give him the chance.

As a note his luck can be crazy some times, with even one time making him miraculously revive after die in a battle against one of the strongest things in the verse (cof cof the plot armor of mermaid tears cof cof) to then later defeat it, in general there is always a miraculous event that save him when he is going to die and when he actually die he revive (in a recent vol from what I know he die again and revive). This don't mean that he is invincible since he is beaten up several times, but still more or less show that indeed is something that can help him in fights and that in this case could make him fully charge Argonaut.

The profile only mention 682 in the second key so why would this key scale to that? The profile of 682 also mention he is animalistic/berserk like in combat, there is also no mention of something like that in his profile despite how big of a combat feat it would be defeat in skill someone that skilled, or in general no mention in the profile that is someone skilled. Also, I didn't go in dept about the skill thing because 1) I don't remember the most detailed things that make his fight looks impressive 2) Because his profile and the profiles of the other characters are outdated (bad) and are missing things like instinctive reactions, reactive power levels, etc, on top of course of their intelligence section be quite bad 3) I got the impression that the rest of people also thought that Bell have the skill advantage.
they dont mention him in first key because Article 682 <<< extended canon 682. and no, bell does not have a skill advantage if all he has as a feat is being trained by the 'strongest fighter in the world'.
if he doesn't immediately start with that then it doesn't matter.
there is nothing saying that Bell couldn't actually break or melt them no? Especially break them if he charge his Argonaut, which should be possible to complety charge if his luck give him the chance.
what is this point? bell will get utterly manhandled trying to get near 096. 096 has a AP, Dura, LS and Stamina advantage and you believe that Bell would actually last near him for more than 5 seconds? his one move that could actually harm him has to charge up when he basically passively speed amps. there is nothing stopping 096 from reaching him, and 'luck' isn't a very strong argument why he could get that off before being murdered.

so basically;

Bell has to start with this move IMMEDIATELY and then attempt to destroy his bones while he is still moving. which wont happen because despite whats said in this thread his flesh is still durable. going 9,339 meters underwater and your flesh taking absolutely no affect from it doesn't sound 'very weak flesh' does it? along with that he has to NEVER resort to using melee either in this fight, which sounds like thats his speciality. so this entire fight relies on him for whatever reason dropping everything he seems to normally do.

they dont mention him in first key because Article 682 <<< extended canon 682. and no, bell does not have a skill advantage if all he has as a feat is being trained by the 'strongest fighter in the world'.

if he doesn't immediately start with that then it doesn't matter.

what is this point? bell will get utterly manhandled trying to get near 096. 096 has a AP, Dura, LS and Stamina advantage and you believe that Bell would actually last near him for more than 5 seconds? his one move that could actually harm him has to charge up when he basically passively speed amps. there is nothing stopping 096 from reaching him, and 'luck' isn't a very strong argument why he could get that off before being murdered.

so basically;

Bell has to start with this move IMMEDIATELY and then attempt to destroy his bones while he is still moving. which wont happen because despite whats said in this thread his flesh is still durable. going 9,339 meters underwater and your flesh taking absolutely no affect from it doesn't sound 'very weak flesh' does it? along with that he has to NEVER resort to using melee either in this fight, which sounds like thats his speciality. so this entire fight relies on him for whatever reason dropping everything he seems to normally do.
Original canon 096 fought againts 682? Because again, the profile only mention that in the extended canon key. And in that case the 682 that first key 096 fought already defeated 076? And he won do to skill or powers? Because is explicitly stated in their profiles that both (096 and 682) are animalistic (well, 682 is animalistic only in combat), so unless you show explicit hard proof I can't believe that 096 is at least minimally skilled, if you can show that I will search for the detailed skill feats this Bell have, until then Bell outskill hard.

So you are basically saying that 096 one shot despite that his only real advantage is LS? That sound extremely stupid honestly. The AP of both is basically equal, speed is equalizated and Bell gimmick is that he also turn faster in combat constantly. The profile explicitly mention as weakness that his flesh is as durable as a normal human one, the quote posted above also showed that his flesh was easily destroyed and the thing that actually survived the attack were his bones, so unless you do a crt to change the profile there is no reason of why Bell can't break or melt his bones.

You also are disregarding his luck, one of the powers in the profile, because 'nah', even despite how the profile already mention how useful can be and me giving one-two examples. The profile even mention that it can make him charge his Argonaut in a instant.

I will be onest, It's really strange talk about 096 without conting on his extended cannon sinse the extended cannon bassicaly really just extended and solidifie the feats It can do in profile cannon to a plasuble extended(even the sun thing) diferent from other SCP's that are a lot diferent in extended cannon

Original canon 096 fought againts 682? Because again, the profile only mention that in the extended canon key. And in that case the 682 that first key 096 fought already defeated 076? And he won do to skill or powers? Because is explicitly stated in their profiles that both (096 and 682) are animalistic (well, 682 is animalistic only in combat), so unless you show explicit hard proof I can't believe that 096 is at least minimally skilled, if you can show that I will search for the detailed skill feats this Bell have, until then Bell outskill hard.
termination logs of 682 has 096 logged in it, with them fighting for the entire 27 hours before abruptly stopping, considering the room is assumably intact its assumed 682 didn't use most of his powers.

So you are basically saying that 096 one shot despite that his only real advantage is LS? That sound extremely stupid honestly. The AP of both is basically equal, speed is equalizated and Bell gimmick is that he also turn faster in combat constantly. The profile explicitly mention as weakness that his flesh is as durable as a normal human one, the quote posted above also showed that his flesh was easily destroyed and the thing that actually survived the attack were his bones, so unless you do a crt to change the profile there is no reason of why Bell can't break or melt his bones.
also, multiple things wrong with this. He still has a SLIGHT Dura and AP advantage, amps are NOT restricted in speed equalized matches, meaning he IS FASTER than Bell, as he can amp up to be 31 times faster than his base speed (096 can amp from athletic human up to 237.5 m/s, which is roughly a 31x difference in speed). you contradict yourself saying that bell would be able to easily melt his bones despite the fact you complain i say that 096 rips him apart once he reaches bell, which is true. the second 096 gets close enough to touch Bell it is over, as he will have no way to escape, nor fight back at that point. not that he one shots. and speaking of melting his bones does he do that in character? he has no knowledge on 096 and has no reason to believe 096 will come back from being reduced to bones until he regenerates from it, which at that point he's going to be a shit ton faster.

Either he blitzes instantly or he blitzes eventually, its literally no difference with how busted his regen is and how he completely ignores pain (actually I need to reread the v reptile fight to see if that's even true, pretty sure he screamed in pain in that)

I will be onest, It's really strange talk about 096 without conting on his extended cannon sinse the extended cannon bassicaly really just extended and solidifie the feats It can do in profile cannon to a plasuble extended(even the sun thing) diferent from other SCP's that are a lot diferent in extended cannon
I mean, they are still two different things and the profile itself aknowledge that, so there is no reason of why extrapolate the feats from extended canon to original file.
I mean Bell is at a presumed disadvantage hence why I picked the weaker key
As that's fine, against second key this Bell probably can't do anything, but against first key Bell definitely can win this.
termination logs of 682 has 096 logged in it, with them fighting for the entire 27 hours before abruptly stopping, considering the room is assumably intact its assumed 682 didn't use most of his powers.
That is extended canon 096 so don't apply to original file key, and even you are saying that 682 didn't took 096 seriously since he did`t used most of his things, and as others said 096 ended scared of 682 so isn't really as good feat as you want to make it look.
also, multiple things wrong with this. He still has a SLIGHT Dura and AP advantage, amps are NOT restricted in speed equalized matches, meaning he IS FASTER than Bell, as he can amp up to be 31 times faster than his base speed (096 can amp from athletic human up to 237.5 m/s, which is roughly a 31x difference in speed). you contradict yourself saying that bell would be able to easily melt his bones despite the fact you complain i say that 096 rips him apart once he reaches bell, which is true. the second 096 gets close enough to touch Bell it is over, as he will have no way to escape, nor fight back at that point. not that he one shots. and speaking of melting his bones does he do that in character? he has no knowledge on 096 and has no reason to believe 096 will come back from being reduced to bones until he regenerates from it, which at that point he's going to be a shit ton faster.
You yourself aknowledge that he have a slight advantage so why would Bell be unable to damage him normally without even use Fire Balls, and what stop him from using his Fire Balls which are considerable stronger than his normal attacks and that can melt his bones do this 096 don't having resistance to heat, and just in case yes, Bell like to use Fire Ball and he even spam it various times.

Most of the things he fight aren't only vastly stronger than himself but they even had vastly higher LS, LS isn't something absolute that decide that he would lose, to matter 096 would need to hold Bell which he difinetly isn't gonna let happen.

With speed equalization is used the combat speed, not movement speed.
So 096 Subsonic+ speed would turn in the base Subsonic combat speed of Bell (which is incredible wrong and a new user tried to change it but left because not staff was interesed in the thread), if 096 actually had a 31x speed amp he wouldn't have speed equal matches in his profile. Also, looking at one of his loses in a equal match I founded this:
So even less reason of why he would blitz.

Last edited:
I mean, they are still two different things and the profile itself aknowledge that, so there is no reason of why extrapolate the feats from extended canon to original file.
thats literally on 682's original file though.
That is extended canon 096 so don't apply to original file key, and even you are saying that 682 didn't took 096 seriously since he did`t used most of his things, and as others said 096 ended scared of 682 so isn't really as good feat as you want to make it look.
no its not. thats on the original file. and due to how tales are written 682 can never use all his abilities at once, as its different people writing about him.
You yourself aknowledge that he have a slight advantage so why would Bell be unable to damage him normally without even use Fire Balls, and what stop him from using his Fire Balls which are considerable stronger than his normal attacks and that can melt his bones do this 096 don't having resistance to heat, and just in case yes, Bell like to use Fire Ball and he even spam it various times.
Because he cant fight 096 head on, getting near him results in him getting grabbed, and torn to pieces. regeneration also covers the fire ball spam considering he consistently fought 682, whether or not he took him seriously doesn't matter when 682 does nothing but throw out attacks constantly, meaning his regen can keep him up with someone like 682.
So 096 Subsonic+ speed would turn in the base Subsonic combat speed of Bell (which is incredible wrong and a new user tried to change it but left because not staff was interesed in the thread), if 096 actually had a 31x speed amp he wouldn't have speed equal matches in his profile. Also, looking at one of his loses in a equal match I founded this:
thats because everyone he fought are melee fighters. he doesn't need to amp when they're right infront of him, which makes his amps useless, therefore able to be added, and no, if you amp your opponent will not amp with you. thats stupid.
if it can adjust its speed to fight a retrieval squad that proves he COULD amp without distance. if it sees it aint catching him its gonna amp to catch him.

Back