• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade Bell Cranel's speed from subsonic to supersonic.

It's ridiculous that this place has him at subsonic and superhuman speeds when he explicitly has a feat in the novels where he literally moves faster than mach 1 while being chased by Lefiya.
7934573-screenshot2021-04-27at8.55.21pm.png

His agility stat was 469 when he performed this feat and he ends the level with 1302 points in agility so he should be at least faster than mach 1x2.77 or mach 2.77.

I am judging this purely upon his speed as lvl. 2.

It's ridiculous that this place has him at subsonic and superhuman speeds when he explicitly has a feat in the novels where he literally moves faster than mach 1 while being chased by Lefiya.
7934573-screenshot2021-04-27at8.55.21pm.png

His agility stat was 469 when he performed this feat and he ends the level with 1302 points in agility so he should be at least faster than mach 1x2.77 or mach 2.77.

I am judging this purely upon his speed as lvl. 2.
Which volume?

I see. Are any supporters active, or did the verse just fall off?
I'm not sure tbh. But this is just one of multiple things that I've noticed Vsbattles being wrong about in regards to Danmachi.

They have statements and feats from the LNs, Anime, and Manga putting them alot higher than they are shown as being here. Exponential modifiers, lightspeed attacks and at least relativistic reactions, etc.

Yeah like the profiles are missing quite a bit of stuff.

In Astrea Record the battle between a peak Lvl 6 Ottar and a weakened and poisoned Lvl 7 Zald was shaking all of Orario. And this is the map of Orario shown in Astrea Record. And Astrea Record is canon.

In Episode of Freya, a peak Lvl 7 Ottar was able to one shot the Basilisk which destroyed entire cities in ancient times and is part of the reason why the Kaios Desert is the size it is now.

Also in Astrea Record, Alfia using her strongest spell Silentium Eden which killed the Leviathan which is at least Lvl 9, was going to destroy all of Floor 18 Rivira which if I remember correctly is around half the size of Orario.

And in Sword Oratoria Volume 4, the Titan Alm Demi Spirit destroyed all of the surrounding area on Floor 59 within viewing distance with its fire storm spell. And Floor 59 is way bigger than Orario as around every 18 or so floor they increase in size. Floor 18 onwards is at least half the size of Orario and Floor 37 onwards is enough to contain all of Orario.

Creature Filvis who is said to be a upper/high lvl 7 was stated to be on par with if not stronger than the Floor 59 Demi Spirit.

So to sum it up

Peak lvl 6 Adventurers: Shake Orario

High lvl 7 Adventurers: Burn all the surrounding area on Floor 59

At least lvl 9 spells: Destroy all of Rivira which is half the size of Orario.

There’s probably a bunch of other feats and statements I’m missing for lower lvl adventurers but these are what I remember for the stronger adventurers.

I don't know about multiplying the speed by the difference in agility points, is it ever stated that it's linear?

Since the verse seem to be in a really bad state then a massive wave of crt are needed, there is already this one talking about speed so here could be brought as many quotes about the speed of characters as possible, and if the light speed attacks you mention are from beams then they need to meet the criteria.

Since the verse seem to be in a really bad state then a massive wave of crt are needed, there is already this one talking about speed so here could be brought as many quotes about the speed of characters as possible, and if the light speed attacks you mention are from beams then they need to meet the criteria.
Firebolt is blatantly stated to be lightspeed within the novels. Phryne dodged one so her and anyone who scales above her (Ais, ottar, etc) should be at least relativistic or lightspeed in terms of combat speed.

7930075-edited_20210425_034147.jpg

I don't know about multiplying the speed by the difference in agility points, is it ever stated that it's linear?
Yeah. I recall Bell commenting that his speed almost doubled when his status update almost doubled his agility. Looking for the scan rn.

We should probably get the original raw scans to make sure it is speed of light.
It's consistently described as being light. A variant of Firebolt - Argo Vesta -'s description:
7935695-screenshot2021-04-28at12.37.40pm.png

I can find at least two additional moments when it is described as moving/acting like light. Its extremely common.

That only says it causes a blast of light not that it is light speed. So yeah just in case get the raw scans for firebolt being lightspeed as the standards for abilities being considered lightspeed are rather strict here.

Edit: Though I’m pretty sure it is lightspeed as even the Chinese translation for this scene says it’s lightspeed. And both in Chinese and Japanese lightspeed is 光速. And if I remember correctly Aiz’ Lil Rafaga is also stated to be lightspeed.

Last edited:
if that's the case then I agree with supersonic, but I'll wait to see the scan
Hmm couldn't find it but there's stuff where the level is described as being a container and increasing the stats fills up the container. Would that be enough or no?

Pretty sure that isn’t enough. All that means is that they are faster due to the stats increasing but that doesn’t exactly prove the stats are perfectly linear.

Back