• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Corrections to Bell Cranel's page

I apologize if this is not the right way. First time here and all that. I looked to see if there was a thread to post directly to, but there isn't so I am making this.

Some time ago I made this edit, which was removed. My bad, didn't know how this wiki was different from others. So I am making this thread to provide evidence for my changes.

Enhanced Senses

DM Volume 1, Chapter 3:
What is that?
Crack, crack“—”
Getting louder...
There’s nothing here, no monster could hide behind anything... Such an eerie sound.
Nothing left, nothing right, I can’t see where it’s coming from!
It’s just me and that sound. My echoes are gone. It’s drillinginto my ears!
Is it possible that my senses improved along with my status? That has to be the only explanation.
DM Volume 4, Chapter 3:
The upper levels hadn’t been much of a problem for her, but the distant lights well overhead didn’t provide anywhere near enough light for her to see clearly. Do the children really come down here all the time? she thought.
Since their basic five senses also became stronger with their Status, this small amount of light was all the adventurers needed. But to Hestia, stripped of her divine power, these Dungeon tunnels were pitch black because her eyes were less sensitive than even the weakest adventurer’s. It kept her on edge. It took all the courage she had to put one foot in front of the other.
SO Volume 7, Chapter 2:
“Whew, you saw all that in an instant? Man, you’ve got good eyes! I didn’t see nothin’!” Loki exclaimed, one hand shielding her eyes as she frowned.
“Our senses were amplified thanks to your blessing, after all. Don’t group us together with the rest of the common folk. Besides, prums are already known for their sense of perception even among us demi-humans,” Riveria countered with exasperation.

Gaze Sensing
I honestly don't know what this qualifies as. Extrasensory Perception sounds like it to me, but the description of Extra Senses in Enhanced Senses seems possible to me too. Either way, it should be mentioned.
DM Volume 5, Chapter 5:
The confusion turned to shock. The invisible presence backed away to avoid yet another counterattack, shaking—Mord’s eyes burned with pure rage as he roared with anger.
“H-how can you see?!”
Bell couldn’t see him.
Mord’s aura of fury and confusion engulfed the air around the stage. Bell could not see him, and yet he was looking right at him. In truth, it wasn’t the man’s aura that Bell was sensing, but the intensity of his eyes.
—Just like the intense gaze of another, the feeling of being judged.
In the past two months, Bell had noticed the gaze of a certainpair of silver eyes always following him. The feeling of being watched had heightened his senses tremendously. He didn’t know who it came from, but it would strike without warning, making him jump in surprise. His sensitivity had dramatically increased after feeling it brush across his shoulders so many times.
Technique
I added that his skill had further improved by the time of his final fight with Hyakinthos. Since it is just said to have improved, I don't know if it goes. Still provide evidence for the jump in dexterity. In case it is fine to add he experienced a significant improvement.
DM Volume 6, Chapter 3:
Hyacinthus was an authentic Level 3 adventurer. He didn’t depend solely on his superior Status; his technique and strategy were top notch. This was completely different from facing a monster in combat—there was no time to plan or even use Magic. Trying to charge his Argonaut Skill would be downright suicidal. There was no way Bell could win.
He was outmatched, plain and simple.
As an adventurer, Hyacinthus was in a completely different league.
DM Volume 6, Chapter 5:
Barely managing to block the boy’s attack, Hyacinthus looked at him in disbelief and screamed at the top of his lungs:
“—JUST WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!”
Abilities, strategy, techniques—everything was on his own level.
Luck
Ok, this is a different one in that there aren't just additions to be made, but corrections too. The description says ridiculous non sense like that it "raises his luck in a pinch", and it can even allow him to fully charge Argonaut in an instant. If anything someone has to provide evidence that it is true. Within the serie little is said about it.
DM Volume 4, Chapter 1:
“Ah, but...” Bell suddenly remembered something and raised his voice as he wandered the forest of his own thoughts. “My goddess did say that she thought it would be something like...‘protection.’”
No matter who she was, a goddess’s insight was not to be ignored. If that’s what Hestia thought after seeing Bell’s new ability, then she was probably on the right track.
DM Volume 13, Chapter 2:
Cassandra turned her desperate eyes from Daphne toward the white-haired boy.
“B-B-Bell...!”
There was one person who might believe her when no one else did.
The boy standing right in front of her, Bell Cranell.
Yes, she was sure of it; he was blessed with some kind of divine protection, something she might even call fate. Something strong enough to push aside Cassandra’s curse. Ever since the day she had come to Apollo Familia’s former home in search of her lost pillow, this boy who believed what she said had been special to Cassandra.
But that's it. Just a sort of protection. Not all of those other things.

Abnormal Resistance
DM Volume 15, First Interlude:
Bell Cranell
Level 4
Strength: I0 -> C676 Defense: I0 -> B701 Dexterity: I0 -> B724 Agility: I0 -> B718 Magic: I0 -> C55 Luck: G -> F Immunity: H -> G Escape: I
SO Volume 2, Chapter 3:
“Someone of Hashana’s prowess would hardly be affected by even the mostpotent toxins, even in high doses. It is unlikely he fell victim to that.”
Aiz and Riveria continued their analysis of the hieroglyphs on the dead man’sback.
One combination of the divine characters spelled out “Immunity” in one of his Skill brackets—it protected him against different types of status effects,including poison. What’s more, the skill had reached “G.”
A G-level Immunity would have granted him protection from almost everything under the sun. Even a poison created by an expert chemist would have a difficult time slowing him down.
Chain Attack
DM Volume 18, Chapter 7:
昇華に合わせて発現した『発展アビリティ』は『連攻』。

確かエイナさんに教わったギルドの情報だと、攻撃を連続で重ねるほど威力が上がっていく、貴重な攻撃系アビリティだ。
Google translation:
The "development ability" that appeared in conjunction with the sublimation was "continuous attack".

If I recall correctly, according to the information I learned from Eina-san about the guild, it's a valuable offensive ability that increases in power the more attacks you make in succession.
I didn't find a way to put an image from my own device. If someone can explain me how, then I can provide the image too if needed.

Liaris Freese
Only a small correction, but the feelings it is based on are those of love.
latest

The line that explicity say so are:
懸想(おもい)が続く限り効果持続。
懸想の丈により効果向上。

In them, there is the term 懸想, which translates as "falling in love". It is not important when it comes to measuring Bell's combat prowess, but ultimately is an error, and therefore it should be corrected.

Argonaut
Regarding the max charge increase I got one quote from the original japanese. Again, if someone explains to me how to do so, I'll gladly provide a picture too.
DM Volume 18, Chapter 9:
そして、『その時』はやって来た。

五分。

Lv.5に到達して拡張した蓄力(チャージ)時間を経て、鳴り続けていた鐘の音が、臨界に至る。

Google translation:
And then "that time'' came.
Five minutes.
After reaching Lv5 and extending the charging time, the sound of the bell that had been ringing reached a critical level.

This is the quote regarding charging while moving.
DM Volume 9, Chapter 5:
It worked...!
Bell had used his Skill, Argonaut, while moving at high speed.
Seeing Wiene in danger had provided him with an extra spark of emotion and determination. Up until now, he’d been able to charge Argonaut only with his feet firmly planted on the ground. The situation had forced him to do a Concurrent Charge.

There are also some corrections to be made. To begin with, it says that larger charges "increase the attack's range, power, and speed". That is never said in the LN. Argonaut only raises attack power, and larger charges just increase the boost granted by it. The description also says that he can only use it against those stronger than himself, but that is false too.

Like with Luck, unless someone provides evidence, I request the removal of said statements.

Vanadis Tevere
This one is also show in the above image. Still put it again so you can see without having to scroll up.
latest

Japanese Description:
×処女の加護(ヘスティア・ディバル)。
×魅了効果侵犯時に発動。全能力値(アビリティ)に超高補正。
×体力及び精神力(マインド)の自動回復(オート・ヒール)。
Google translation:
×Virgin's Protection (Hestia Dibal).
×Activated when the charm effect is violated. Super high correction to all ability values (abilities).
× Automatic recovery (auto heal) of physical strength and mental strength.

Last edited:
Gaze Sensing
I honestly don't know what this qualifies as. Extrasensory Perception sounds like it to me, but the description of Extra Senses in Enhanced Senses seems possible to me too. Either way, it should be mentioned.
DM Volume 5, Chapter 5:
This will be Enhanced Senses, since it's not done by using a 6th sense or ability.
Technique
I added that his skill had further improved by the time of his final fight with Hyakinthos. Since it is just said to have improved, I don't know if it goes. Still provide evidence for the jump in dexterity. In case it is fine to add he experienced a significant improvement.
DM Volume 6, Chapter 3:

DM Volume 6, Chapter 5:
You could use this as justification for Martial Arts & Weapon Mastery.
Luck
Ok, this is a different one in that there aren't just additions to be made, but corrections too. The description says ridiculous non sense like that it "raises his luck in a pinch", and it can even allow him to fully charge Argonaut in an instant. If anything someone has to provide evidence that it is true. Within the serie little is said about it.
DM Volume 4, Chapter 1:

DM Volume 13, Chapter 2:

But that's it. Just a sort of protection. Not all of those other things.
This would be Blessed, if there's evidence for any specific things Divine Protection can do. That Fate stuff looks vague to me.
Abnormal Resistance

SO Volume 2, Chapter 3:
Resistance to Poison Manipulation

As for your Google Translations, I believe The wiki doesn't accept them. You either need to get the official translations, use a Fan Translation website that has been deemed accurate or get Translation Staff to translate the texts for you. Besides that, everything else looks fine.

Breeze pretty much sums up my thoughts

Instead of Google Translate, use DeepL

This would be Blessed, if there's evidence for any specific things Divine Protection can do. That Fate stuff looks vague to me.
There isn't really any direct evidence. Those are the only lines that directly attribute any property to the ability.

That said, within the serie a god's intuition has always been right and is a big deal, as the narration in the first related quote notes.

There's also the fact it raised a rank after Bell's expedition.
This is an image from volume 14, showing his status at the moment.
latest

This is his status update in volume 15, following said events. (It is one of the quotes I provided for Abnormal Resistance. Just putting it again so you don't have to scroll up)
Bell Cranell
Level 4
Strength: I0 -> C676 Defense: I0 -> B701 Dexterity: I0 -> B724 Agility: I0 -> B718 Magic: I0 -> C55 Luck: G -> F Immunity: H -> G Escape: I
In regards to the expedition itself, the author emphasized how it was an extreme experience.
Bell’s ability score total was over 3400.
That was unmistakably a personal best for the boy. It might even have broken a public record.
If some god’s follower had wantedto—say, by saving up a bunch of excelia over time by forgoing regular Status updates and then cashing in on a really big one—in that kind of scenario, it wasn’t impossible to hit similar numbers, so it had probably been done at some point...But there wasn’t any point in making that comparison because with such a dramatic number, saying “Check out how much my follower grew in a single adventure” didn’t even count as a brag.
Why? Because the amount was proof that the adventurer in question had survived a series of utterly brutal encounters, and if any of them had gone badly, they wouldn’t even be around anymore.
“Uh...” said Bell, accepting the Status update paper with a tremendously awkward expression. “...I almost died like eight times.”
I'd say Hestia's intution is also good evidence, for the reasons I already said, but my point was really to have the description corrected. So as long as that is done, I don't really care that much about this.

Isn't that included into Resistance to Status Effect Inducement?

Instead of Google Translate, use DeepL
So do I provide this translations again, just in DeepL?

Also, I forgot this before, but his Resistance to Emphatic Manipulation is wrongly attributed to "the purity of his soul and his single-minded pursuit of Aiz" but it is actually a side effect of Liaris Freese.
DM Volume 7, Chapter 6:
Learis Freese’s unintended side effect: a goddess’s Charm had no effect on him!

Last edited:
There isn't really any direct evidence. Those are the only lines that directly attribute any property to the ability.

That said, within the serie a god's intuition has always been right and is a big deal, as the narration in the first related quote notes.

There's also the fact it raised a rank after Bell's expedition.
This is an image from volume 14, showing his status at the moment.
latest

This is his status update in volume 15, following said events. (It is one of the quotes I provided for Abnormal Resistance. Just putting it again so you don't have to scroll up)

In regards to the expedition itself, the author emphasized how it was an extreme experience.

I'd say Hestia's intution is also good evidence, for the reasons I already said, but my point was really to have the description corrected. So as long as that is done, I don't really care that much about this.
I'd give it a possibly rating at most, still looks vague to me since its not certain about what it does.
Isn't that included into Resistance to Status Effect Inducement?
I haven't looked at his profile, but the scan works for Status Effect Inducement as well.
So do I provide this translations again, just in DeepL?
Yes
Also, I forgot this before, but his Resistance to Emphatic Manipulation is wrongly attributed to "the purity of his soul and his single-minded pursuit of Aiz" but it is actually a side effect of Liaris Freese.
DM Volume 7, Chapter 6:
Looks good

I'd give it a possibly rating at most, still looks vague to me since its not certain about what it does.
Would it be fine to add that Hestia theorized it is a sort of divine protection? Or should it be left completely out?
I haven't looked at his profile, but the scan works for Status Effect Inducement as well.
I just asked since Bell's profile already resistance to Status Effect Inducement included. The quotes I provided were just to justify one of the changes I had made: "After his journey on the 37th Floor it raised to rank G, meaning almost nothing can affect him, even the strongest poisons in high doses."

Also, the translations:

昇華に合わせて発現した『発展アビリティ』は『連攻』。

確かエイナさんに教わったギルドの情報だと、攻撃を連続で重ねるほど威力が上がっていく、貴重な攻撃系アビリティだ。
The "development ability" that appeared along with the sublimation is "continuous attack.
According to the guild information Eina gave me, it is a valuable offensive ability that increases in power the more attacks are made in rapid succession.

そして、『その時』はやって来た。

五分。

Lv.5に到達して拡張した蓄力(チャージ)時間を経て、鳴り続けていた鐘の音が、臨界に至る。
And 'the time' came.
Five minutes.
After the charge time that had been extended by reaching Lv.5, the bell that had been ringing reached a critical point.

×処女の加護(ヘスティア・ディバル)。
×魅了効果侵犯時に発動。全能力値(アビリティ)に超高補正。
×体力及び精神力(マインド)の自動回復(オート・ヒール)。
Blessing of virginity (Hestia Divar).
Activated when the charm effect is violated. Super-high correction to all ability values (abilities).
Automatic recovery of physical and mental strength (auto heal).

Would it be fine to add that Hestia theorized it is a sort of divine protection? Or should it be left completely out?
Yes, the ability can be expanded upon when its clear what Divine Protection actually does.
I just asked since Bell's profile already resistance to Status Effect Inducement included. The quotes I provided were just to justify one of the changes I had made: "After his journey on the 37th Floor it raised to rank G, meaning almost nothing can affect him, even the strongest poisons in high doses."
Yea but just add the justification, some people won't go and read the notable skills section.
Also, the translations:
The "development ability" that appeared along with the sublimation is "continuous attack.
According to the guild information Eina gave me, it is a valuable offensive ability that increases in power the more attacks are made in rapid succession.
Statistics Amplification & Damage Boost
And 'the time' came.

Five minutes.
After the charge time that had been extended by reaching Lv.5, the bell that had been ringing reached a critical point.
Can he fire it before he reaches full charge? If so I would suggest higher with Argonaut, even higher after reaching Critical Point
Blessing of virginity (Hestia Divar).
Activated when the charm effect is violated. Super-high correction to all ability values (abilities).
Automatic recovery of physical and mental strength (auto heal).
I'm not sure if we have a page for Stamina Recovery (someone can correct me), so for now just take note to include it in his Stamina section. For mental strength, Either Limited Empathetic Manipulation or Limited Mind Manipulation

Sorry for abandoning this thread, I got busy.
Yea but just add the justification, some people won't go and read the notable skills section.
Well, since there is already a section, I thought it would be better if it is complete. It's not like it is much to do.

By the way, how do I make the references? Like, just putting "Volume X, Chapter X" like I did here is fine, or how so?
Can he fire it before he reaches full charge? If so I would suggest higher with Argonaut, even higher after reaching Critical Point
Yes.

Also, I just remembered this.
Volume 7, Chapter 2:
All my joints are shaking, even my toes, as I listen to the two Amazons argue. I can feel it—Phryne is the real deal.
It’s been easier to tell after ranking up myself.
I’m starting to sense the size of a person’s spiritual “container” for their Status.
The strongest one here is Phryne, quite possibly overwhelmingly so.
It’s the same kind of pressure I feel from top-class adventurers, from her.
Is there something for being able to sense others' power level?

Last edited:
Sorry for insisting if things are supposedly already settled, but I would like a direct confirmation regarding if I can make the changes. Also regarding if putting "Volume X, Chapter X" in references in fine. Also went to check, so I'd put Extrasensory Perception too based on the quote I left in my previous comment.

Sorry for insisting if things are supposedly already settled, but I would like a direct confirmation regarding if I can make the changes. Also regarding if putting "Volume X, Chapter X" in references in fine. Also went to check, so I'd put Extrasensory Perception too based on the quote I left in my previous comment.
Yes, you may

Back