• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Doomslayer the doomguy?

I'm just curious because I keep seeing they are and it was apparently confirmed in an interview. But I can not find said interview for thenlife of me.

Yeah, Doomslayer is considered to be the same as the Classic Doomguy as the ending of Doom 64 seems to follow the beginning of Doom 2016's lore. Plus he does have the same official name.

But isn't thwre like a large time gap between the slayers adventer in hell and doom 64's timelines.

like Eons?

and I don't think an offical name has been confirmed but cab you link where they have the same offical name?

Hell has its own space-time continuum and even all timelines share the same hell according to some recent lore info about Doom Eternal. And actually, he is also the same as the protagonist from Doom RPG; B.J. Blazkowicz (William J. Blazkowicz). Doom RPG 2 does have three protagonists, but he is the same guy descended from the Wolfenstein RPG protagonist.

Goes without saying that the Doomslayer became immortal.

Can I ask for a link where it's confirmed he's W j. b the third? I rememver you mentioning it was confirmed with an interview.

sorry If I'm coming accross as annoying I'm just trying to do research on doomslaywr because he intrests me and i'm curious if previous games aside feom doom 3 are canon.

Actually, I think the info came from Quake Champions. He's called Doomslayer and it's also stated at the same time that he's the same Doomguy from the original DOOM.

Doomguy is Doom Slayer. In DOOM 64, the ending states that Doomguy stayed in Hell to ensure the demons won't come back. Well, the testament's in DOOM 2016 state that the Doom Slayer has been in Hell and was in there just to stop the demons. That was until he was sealed. It would make sense that 64 has him staying in Hell, with 2016 following it, as it takes place after the Slayer has been brought back to Mars (albiet after a long time). Also, the Doom Slayer has the left foot of Daisy (his pet rabbit) to remind him of his loss. Daisy was killed in the first DOOM game, so him still having it in 2016 would be more evidence.

I should also point out that the Marine in the classic games is indeed called Doomguy. During the game, you can find several small figures of the Marine from the classic games. The game officially names him Doomguy. Arcade mode also gives you extra lives by finding Doomguys. And in DOOM Eternal, the classic costume in named Doomguy.

Back