• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Irma Lair vs Kisame Hoshigaki

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Water Witch tries to tame a Man Shark

Match Rules
  • Both in Character
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Arc 7-11/8-A Irma | Base Kisame
  • Standard Battle Assumptions (Everything Else)

Irma Lair:
Irma_Lair_pic.png

Kisame Hoshigaki:
Kisame11.png

Inconclusive: 1 (LordGriffin100,

Last edited:
Guess I'll do my thing to start things off.

Irma's Advantages/Win Condition

While this is Irma's 8-A key, she'll be completely unharmed by any of Kisame's water jutsu due to her status as the Guardian of Water. As mentioned on her powers and ability section (second tabber), the guardians naturally absorb and are empowered by their element, along with it being mentioned on the third tabber at the bottom, the guardians (New Power) cannot be harmed by their element and this was stated by the Dark Mother at her full power, and later against the queen of the loom, who had the same element as the Guardians mentioned they can't harm each other. Given these are High 3-A/2-A characters stating they can't harm the guardians with their own element, it's safe to say Kisame can't harm Irma with any water based attack.

Now while she can't harm Kisame with her attacks due to being far weaker, Irma still has transmutation that is a simple snap of her fingers. This isn't something she regularly uses in combat but more so for fun, however once she sees she can't harm him, it's more than likely this will come up mid to late battle. Her other more deadly hax (Existence Erasure, Reality Warping, Energy Absorption) are all out of character and even in deadly situations were never used so these are almost non factors. For support abilities and other factors, Irma has, flight, light speed teleportation and Invisibility barriers that render her invisible to help her avoid close calls (mainly close combat). And while I don't think this battle is going to come down to a war of attrition, Irma should be capable of outlasting even a monster like Kisame. He's got a metric ton of chakra and endurance, however Guardian's can survive weeks trapped in a magic cage that constantly was absorbing their power as shown with Taranee. Plus, this Irma has even greater stamina than that of the Dark Mother who has more energy than a thousand suns (as stated by one of the most wise people in verse who has knowledge on the Dark Mother/Guardians.

Kisame's Advantages/Win Conditions

While his water style is ineffective against Irma, Kisame's physical attacks like punches and sword attacks still work. Given his superior strength and combat kill, along with having a large sword, Kisame should easily hold the advantage in a close combat fight. I'm unsure if Kisame/Samehada chakra absorption can be equalized to Irma's magic given the differences between the two, however, the hidden mist jutsu/silent killing techniques are potent methods of attack.

Basic ninja techniques like substitution, and using chakra amps to increase his speed are helpful. Water clones aren't super effective given Irma will know what they are given her general connection to the element however, the numbers advantage is still generally good. As I mentioned in Irma's portion, Kisame has more than enough stamina to last a long time so even with Irma having more, it's almost a none factor given the two would use all options in combat eventually. Fusing with Samehada also gives him a buff in statistics, though he already has the power to one shot, however let's say he flooded everything, he'd be better in underwater mobility than Irma would, given the speed increase mainly.

My Vote

I'd argue it's inconclusive.

Irma's win condition is her eventually using transmutation once she realizes Kisame is too powerful for her to harm normally. However, her being basically immune to one of Kisame's go to fighting methods along with air mobility, teleportation, and a few other tricks makes avoiding him in close combat easier.

Kisame's win condition is getting in close and hitting her once, especially when he sees his water style is not getting the job done His physical superiority, higher skill, and non water based techniques can help support him in this regard.

They have similar level range capabilities, I'd say Kisame is more serious than Irma given she's the type to make jokes (though is serious when needed), but i don't think Kisame or Irma's battle experience will tip the scale massively in either's favor given they've fought different types of enemies.

Note: Regarding my thoughts on the chakra not being = magic in this instance, even if we did equalize it, Irma's energy pool is so massive, Kisame could be absorbing it for literally days and Irma wouldn't be in any immediate danger. I can go into detail on why I think the two energy systems can't be equalized if someone wants me to but for now, I'll leave it there.

Back