• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ip Man revision

Would Ip Man be on par with Cheung Tin Chi who fought Owen Davidson (Dave Bautista)?

Ip Man Cheung Tin Chi Vs Owen Davidson (Dave Bautista)
Ip Man Cheung Tin Chi Vs Owen Davidson (Dave Bautista)

And Owen did this feat in the second video.

Master Z Owen Davidson Vs Fu
Master Z Owen Davidson Vs Fu

What do you guys think?

Tin Chi traded blows with Owen Davidson who can sent a man flying to the pillar with a punch which causes one of the tiles to fell off from it and did a power bomb drop to the ground.

You guys never seen Master Z: IP Man Legacy which is a spin off film that centers on Tin Chi from IP Man 3? It has some impressive feats.

I'd say they're both Street level +, unless someone would be willing to do a calc on Owen's feats, which would scale to Cheung Tin Chi and Ip Man

Feat should be calced, I have doubts that it'd be higher than Street level

well i think a calc is in order tbh though this could support the rating at least

Owen being full Wall level is inconsistent with everyone else's feats. At least Street level+, possibly Wall level is much better of an option.

He didn't use the table as a weapon. He smashed it with a person. But he was also defeated by Cheung Tin Chi. So his durability is Street level+, while his AP is at least Street level+, possibly Wall level

Assembled1801 said:
I thought breaking a table is Wall level which is much like demolishing a door.
Cutting a part of a door or table is different from reducing the whole thing into pieces.

Interested in his glass wall smashing Rider Kick near the end of the movie. Wonder if anyone is interested to math that.

Owen did smash wooden counters and rip off hand cuffs and the guy played by Tony Jaa punched through store window display and its frame, perhaps those could be calc.

Originally, I was going to add my reply to this thread MUCH earlier (as far as back as March): Dudes, I ******* love the IP-Man film series. Been showing a foreign Japanese friend of mine all four of the films so far (and I plan to show her the other IP Man films). But anyways onto the subject:

I was just watching clips of the Master Z spin-off on YT and there was a feat where Cheung Tin Chi and Fu both kicked down a door when they were just about to meet Kwan, Kit, and their gangsters before the fighting commenced. There was also another a feat where Fu was strong enough to give a fat man a good nosebleed with just his first punch alone. Cheung was also fast enough to react and dash towards Kit before the latter unholstered his gun and was about to fire at him (But I remember at the beginning of the movie, Cheung stated that he needed to be within "7 Paces" to be able to hit a person first before he could shoot this gun at him) and kicked square in the back of his head. And Cheung also survived what appeared to be a shot from Kit's gun on his chest (anatomically, where his liver was located probably) and was still able to fight like a man in normal condition.

All here (if only the scene where Kit got his hand cut off didn't get cut - no pun intended):

Michelle Yeoh vs Max Zhang (Master Z)-1558837300
Michelle Yeoh vs Max Zhang (Master Z)-1558837300

Back