• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ip Man revision

Yeah while there sadly didn't seem to be any straight-up instances of absolute wall-busting feats in the whole movie, I am actually still hesitant to dismiss the possibility of any character here at least being potentially wall-level or higher than street level at max, given the amount of obvious environmental destruction caused by Owen's and Cheung's attacks and the amount of abuse both characters have taken (like being slammed against the bar counter and on a big dining table at seemingly full force) and still carried on like usual. Owen only died with a needle shot at the back of his head, which would kinda make his durability remain at street level+ (but at the high-end nonetheless), but his AP should be a bit higher. My two cents.

• feels tempted to make a profile for Twister, Sadi, and Hung Chun-Nam* Since I feel the need to contribute something to this wiki, I just hope no one creates those pages before I do.

Hey I call dibs on Twister and Master Hung. They were next on my Ip Man list, but I got distracted with CRTs for other series

Jasonsith is doing some chair calcs so once that's finished we could add that in too.

Yeah definitely, I don't know anything about Sadi. You can do Master Hung too if you get to him first. But I'm definitely working on Twister soon, so you'd have to make him in the next couple of days unless someone beats us to it.

Assembled1801 said:
What about demolishing a chair?
You need to determine the degree for demolition of the chair first.

For instance I have also included a value of pulverisation of a chair.

The actor Michelle Yeoh (playing as Tso Ngan Kwan in the movie) slashing a chair with a machete is still some 5000J to 7000 J street level feat.

• looks at Owen Davidson's current profile* Yes we finally have an IP-Man character that reaches Wall-Level! Quite a milestone for the entire verse on this site.

Alright, Owen is 9-C and possibly 9-B Wall level tier on his profile. So I guess we have to see if IP Man 4 has some Wall level feat if the movie released.

IP Man characters has never shown getting hit by cars, fall from great heights, and even damaging concrete and metal by hitting, kicking, or slamming into it.

Assembled1801 said:
IP Man characters has never shown getting hit by cars, fall from great heights, and even damaging concrete and metal by hitting, kicking, or slamming into it.
Yeah but what's the purpose of you telling me this when all I stated was that I wished for the next IP Man movie to bring some better feats.

So as it currently stands, Owen Davidson is the strongest character in the series based on physical strength and durability alone. Unless IP Man 4 brings us something even more amazing than that.

Off-topic though, I definitely look forward to IP-Man 4 more than just about any upcoming action movie from Hollywood this year. East Asian action movies are so much more fun and captivating for me these days.

Btw everyone, I have just marathon'd every single IP-Man movie to date (prior to IP Man 4), including the ones not starring Donnie Yen and I've gained some personal interest and reserved plans to make profiles for Legend is Born Ip Man (Dennis To), The Final Fight Ip Man (Anthony Wong), and Grandmaster Ip Man (Tony Leung) on my own. There's also an IP Man TV series from 2013 that I have barely started just watching this year and it looks like a pretty ******* epic grand source of more feats for pop cultural depictions of IP Man to research and draw from.

IP Man should need Superhuman combat speed since he can fight and trade blows with boxers. It was stated that Boxers in real life can throw punches at 15 m/s. This needs to be added.

The Grandmaster Ip Man could possibly have a wall level feat

But if this Ip Man ever reaches wall level he can finally be a match for Gordan Chan's Chen Zhen

Back