• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ip Man revision

Crzer07 said:
The Grandmaster Ip Man could possibly have a wall level feat
But if this Ip Man ever reaches wall level he can finally be a match for Gordan Chan's Chen Zhen
Damn it lol, you just had to be the one to steal the thunder away from me and announce "wall-level" feats before I do? How could you, Czer07?

Anttron224 said:
A boxer with superhuman speed based on real life boxing
https://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/5538765e-e7f2-99df-393e0a0cd7821157/

Slow motion video found that Hatton could typically generate punch speeds of 25 miles per hour (11.176 m/s), with one blow reaching 32 mph (14.30528 m/s). The best punch speed that one of the researchers could achieve was about 15 miles per hour (6.7056 m/s).

Hope this help for measuring punching speed between normal humans and pro boxers.

Ip Man probably can scale to superhuman attack speed. But his full body movement speed is probably still peak human. To my memory he's tagged a decent amount of times by both pro-boxer he goes against.

Although unlike Rocky, Ip Man isn't punched over 100 times on average every fight so there's maybe an arugment for an "At least peak human" rating.

EVERYONE!

This user finally found this feat that would make the Ip Man characters into 9-B.

Here. This video shows Cheung Tin Chi kicking a man flying through a wooden door fragmentating it.

Fragmentating a door would take this much energy.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Mr._Bambu/General_Calc:_Door_Busting

or

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:KLOL506/Door_busting_redone

There's a also trailer of the new 4th film which shows Ip defeated a fighter who can split 3 layers of concrete with a single chop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otI4pyQjb8w

Eh, Jasonsith tells me that door panel's weakened.

Chair feat might still be viable tho.

The chair one should work. We can use this feat in the 4th film trailer for Ip Man's attack potency against a fighter who chop 3 layers of concrete..

It's a big surprise to me as to how nobody else in this thread has still mentioned the feat during the scene in IP Man 3 where Cheung Tin Chi fought that old man in the umbrella shop and was able to throw an umbrella so hard hard to the other direction that its tip actually penetrated through a steel roller or something.

Or that other feat from Ip Man 3 where Cheung Tin Chi broke a dining table in half with enough kinetic force by slamming a guy right into it. And later smashing another guy's into the glass portion of a different table.

Assembled1801 said:
Cheung Tin Chi should need Possibly 9-B for defeating Owen Davidson or it might be CIS (Character-Induced Stupidity)?
Yeah and Cheung Tin Chi was clearly styling all over Owen Davidson in terms of skill and technique when he started getting serious by kicking back into "Wing Chun" mode.

Plus, someone should still calc the concrete-splitting feat for the Karate guy in IP Man 4's trailer. But since a lot of Karate practicioners seem to hit concrete as part of their demonstration, is evaluating a 9-B feat from that really possible and accurate?

But there's still plans for an Master Z sequel announced for the future.

So there's still that.

Who knows what new feats that will be brought to the table.

Well the Street level+ feat is so close to being Wall level it really wouldn't be much of a stretch.

Late reply, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6H2Cuy5msU

@Assembled1801 That and dont't forget that Cheung also visibly shattered a dining table into several pieces by slamming another martial artist into it. And if I recall the table was a 4-legged round table with additional pedastals supporting a round glass surface on top. But the composition is presumably made out of wood painted with lacquer.

Also the need for giving Cheung Tin Chi two separate keys based on two different movies might feel a bit irrelevant if his feat of shattering a four-legged round table with a glass cover on top by pushing another person into it in Ip Man 3 is to be properly calculated and evaluated as Wall-Level and if him throwing an umbrella so fast and hard with enough force and velocity that its tip breaks through a small metal door. Though on the other hand, I can still see a justification for having two different keys based on the fact that Cheung Tin Chi has grown a little stronger in Master Z once he whipped himself back into shape with his Wing Chun.

Alien Dual Blaster said:
KLOL506 said:
Calc got approved and is ready to go.
Which specific feat got calc'd? Is it the table-splitting feat that I already mentioned for Cheung Tin Chi so many times?
Edit - Oh wait, not yet...
You mean this calc?

(sorry sleeping ttyl)

Jasonsith said:
Alien Dual Blaster said:
KLOL506 said:
Calc got approved and is ready to go.
Which specific feat got calc'd? Is it the table-splitting feat that I already mentioned for Cheung Tin Chi so many times?
Edit - Oh wait, not yet...
You mean this calc?
(sorry sleeping ttyl)
Cheung Tin Chi's table shattering feat only yielding 6482.947699 Joules.

That's definitely way more than the Karateka's feat from IP Man 4, assuming Normal Concrete Pulverization. But just short of it, if the same feat involves Reinforced Concrete under Violent Fragmentation.

That was the best feat I could submit for IP Man 3's Cheung Tin Chi and yet your calc results for pushing Wall-Level are still absent. Perhaps a redo and revision of your calc is in order? You seem to forget to take into account what possible range of materials the table could have been constructed out of (even though objective data for similar tables is going to be hard to find)?

Either way, I will repeat what I stated before: IP Man 4 better give us at least ONE legit Wall-level feat or else I will simply just watch the world crash and burn into flames.

Back