• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invincible season 1 amazon tv show discussion

I wrote about surviving the explosion, not being able to destroy the planet.
Not even city level. They were thousands of km away when it went off. Barely took a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the energy.

Not even city level. They were thousands of km away when it went off. Barely took a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the energy.

This is not very true, the explosion hit them all. And even the weakest villains who were caught in the explosion survived

WXBAKjV.jpg

This is not very true, the explosion hit them all. And even the weakest villains who were caught in the explosion survived
Yes, caught in the explosion, after having already flew thousands of km away, with the weak ones being even further.

Inverse square law my dude.
Don't forego the immediate prior panels as if people can't check and call you out.

Yes, caught in the explosion, after having already flew thousands of km away, with the weak ones being even further.

Don't forego the immediate prior panels as if people can't check and call you out.

The panels do not deny my point, you can still see that everyone was caught by the explosion e-e

Is there any AP scaling for that laser to back up the claim that it's doing planetary damage? There is an elephant in the room here that the destruction of a planet needs to be allotted between 4 different actors. A lot of what's being said sounds like people want to attribute the majority of the damage to the initial laser. I feel like that needs actual scaling to support.

I feel like a logical way to divide this is "laser shatters the planet, 3 people flying through overcome the GBE," but that would need evidence to support the laser being that powerful.

Last edited:
They literally say the laser was absolutely needed to destabilize the core. They also followed the beam, to said core. Meaning a lot of the damage was done by it. And the only reason the planet exploded was because of that combination. It doesn't make sense, but that's the case.

They also said they would have died on impact otherwise so they only had a brief shot.

And the beam is strong enough to one shot viltramites. It's one of the only weaknesses, it can go through anything. Omniman himself said this and why he "locked" it away.

Last edited:
They literally say the laser was absolutely needed to destabilize the core. They also followed the beam, to said core. Meaning a lot of the damage was done by it.

They also said they would have died on impact otherwise so they only had a brief shot.

And the beam is strong enough to one shot viltramites. It's one of the only weaknesses, it can go through anything. Omniman himself said this and why he "locked" it away.
Ok, so the laser gets the KE scaling for shattering the planet. The three guys flying through get the GBE for dispersing the planet divided among them. Would that seem reasonable to you, or do you see an issue?

The thing with the destabilization that makes me want additional scaling is this: I'd definitely die if I smacked straight into brick wall. If you just turned a portion of it my size into dust, I could pass unharmed. Does that illustrate my concern? In other words, you can make something passable without totally busting it, so I need more scaling.

Issue is that isn't how it's potrayed, even the GBE being overcome is played off as due to the core being destabilized.

It's played off almost like destabilizing made it into a bomb or something.

Then why fly through?
To initiate it? **** if I know. But that doesn't change the fact it's played off a certain way. It's the author not knowing what the **** he was doing out bluntly.

I am not a calculating guy, I only have my opinion, but considering that they survived a planetary explosion without major injuries but can seriously injure themselves with physical attacks doesn't that make them planet level?
Technically no if you're being "realistic". The sheer distance they were away from the explosion makes any number attained drop to Tier 9 or 8.

If we do end up deciding the feat is unquantifiable, would a "likely far higher" work?
It is starting to look calcable judging by how detractors are reacting to one of the calc comments.

BUT what you're suggesting seems to be the choice if we all settle on uncalcable eventually.

So I've checked the feat thoroughly and my opinion still remains the same. There was no citation that the beam shot was the reason they could destroy the planet. The only thing that was mentioned, is that...they had to reach the surface of the planet before the core stabilizes as they COULD die from the impact (basically an assumption). The planet wasn't shown to be loosed or weakened after the beam hits the it. So, unless there's further context....the planet rating is fine.

I mean the implication was that the unstable core is what caused the planet to explode

The part I calculated is still 100% valid though

I'm fine with using the KE of the ejected mass when they burst out the other side. I said previously that that specific part is probably almost entirely them.
I only have issue with the initial impact (beam did most of that) and the actual explosion as it's made pretty clear that's what caused it.
Ejected mass though? Only really could have been them.

I mean the implication was that the unstable core is what caused the planet to explode

The part I calculated is still 100% valid though
If the beam was the one that destroyed the planet, then there won't have been any reason for them to do what they did.

If the beam was the one that destroyed the planet, then there won't have been any reason for them to do what they did.
It was a domino effect. Look, it doesn't make sense, but it's how it happened. Realistically that isn't how it happened, but fiction be fiction sometimes.

We're best off just doing a spherical cap of the volume of ejected debris, at least we know that was on them. And by them I mean mostly Omniman, Mark wasn't as strong yet (needed help being pulled, even later down the line he lost in a arm wrestle to Nolan, albeit barely) and Thaedus, well hard to pin him down, but he got one shot by Thragg, though he was exceptionally pissed.

It was a domino effect. Look, it doesn't make sense, but it's how it happened. Realistically that isn't how it happened, but fiction be fiction sometimes.

We're best off just doing a spherical cap of the volume of ejected debris, at least we know that was on them. And by them I mean mostly Omniman, Mark wasn't as strong yet (needed help being pulled, even later down the line he lost in a arm wrestle to Nolan, albeit barely) and Thaedus, well hard to pin him down, but he got one shot by Thragg, though he was exceptionally pissed.
I still think you/we need to see the scans that say we can put the majority of the destruction on the laser, with other feats and not just statements, even if it's just a formality in your mind. I have this gnawing suspicion that we shouldn't be giving the characters here intellectual authority to know if it was them or the laser that did the majority of the damage unless there's a reason. It isn't a narrator statement.

Additionally, the scaling for the three of them at the end of this post is pretty jank. I read the rest of the issue. If you judge by the fight with Thragg, there isn't anything to separate their power and dura in that scene. They all get beat almost immediately in the encounter.

It isn't a narrator statement.

No, instead it's a statement from a reliable source, utilizing a beam that literally shreds through viltrumites like wet tissue. And was so dangerous that Omniman and Viltrum had to "seal" it away, because it was one of the only things in the universe that was a actual threat to Viltrum.
And you don't understand, it's not a matter of "the beam did most of the damage", it's a matter of "the planet only went boom because of some scifi fluff that the author made up". It was a matter of timing, destabilized core (the key factor here, the issue being, this is completely made up shit), and so on that resulted in the planet exploding, not a matter of "the 3 and beam hit the planet", if it was just the latter we'd just split it 4 ways, but that isn't the case.

I read the rest of the issue.

And that would be why you think it's jank. Of course there isn't a whole lot in that issue that implies any sort of difference in power, but if you read the whole comic, you'd know by at that point Mark is still quite a bit weaker then Omniman and Thaedus. Even after Mark's power continue to grow for a good chunk of the comic still, he still is a bit weaker then Nolan up to at least, near the end. They even reference this later down the line with this planet busting feat in particular, with Omniman saying he had to actually help Mark keep up by grabbing him (which you can see him do), and Mark tried to retort saying "that was just speed!", so they arm wrestle and he loses, though not by much, and this was after his power grew quite a bit still.
And for Thragg, I'm mostly talking about how he interacts with them in scenes where he's not purposely pulling his punches. Thragg is a shit brickhouse though and is far stronger then all 3.

Just do what DMUA and Qawsed were doing and call it a day. Hell it's probably gonna end in a upgrade regardless given KE of that caliber and speed can be ludicrous.

Q7Just do what DMUA and Qawsed were doing and call it a day. Hell it's probably gonna end in a upgrade regardless given KE of that caliber and speed can be ludicrous.
This isn't really about agreeing or not agreeing. It's more about holding people to a standard of evidence before rolling over and agreeing. Post the scans for some background on the laser. Considering the stuff we see Viltrumites survive, ganking them is good AP, but what if it's just dura-negation? That's also a pretty big AP jump from Viltrumites to hitting a planet, as your arguments imply.

It honestly sounds like, as long as the scans are good, you have a good case for this being "one weird laser trick"....I just want the evidence.

I'll admit that the thing about scaling with the later fight was a technical quibble.

And there's no citation or evidence of it being a domino effect. The beam only showed feats of destroying anything along its line of area and dosen't affect anything that's around it or outside its line of area. It just could have put a hole in the core of the planet, however that doesn't mean the planet becomes loose or easy for anything to destroy scientifically and it wasn't shown to loose the planet either. So....it's certainly pure force that destroyed the planet and not domino effect, unless there's evidence of the core being the force that binds the planet.

Last edited:
This isn't really about agreeing or not agreeing. It's more about holding people to a standard of evidence before rolling over and agreeing.

I'll admit that the thing about scaling with the later fight was a technical quibble.
This isn't really about agreeing or not agreeing. It's more about holding people to a standard of evidence before rolling over and agreeing.

There's nothing to agree on in the first place. It happens a certain way and that's all there is to it. This isn't even up for debate unless you want to call the characters in the story full of shit and actually wrong, and Omniman and Thaedus are most certainly knowledgeable on this, Thaedus himself is the leader of the coalition of planets and planned basically everything, when they had a plan around this. You were linked the ENTIRE comic, you have all the evidence right there, hell you have all the evidence you need in that very issue.

They use the beam to destabilize the core, in that brief window they hit the planet, due to the sudden strong impact and the core being destabilized the planet blows up. But it isn't the impact itself that blew up the planet, this would not have happened normally, it only blew up because the core got destabilized, which is just some scifi fluff in this context. But that doesn't change the fact the feat, that being the exploding planet, isn't done under their own power or in a normal situation. It was because of the destabilized core, which is unquantifiable but the key factor none the less.

Post the scans for some background on the laser. Considering the stuff we see Viltrumites survive, ganking them is good AP, but what if it's just dura-negation?

Read the issue, 66-67.
And this isn't even the first time, the gun has caused "chain reactions" in things before, this isn't any different. It is durability negation, it's a beam that passes through everything, viltrumites, humans, planets.

It honestly sounds like, as long as the scans are good, you have a good case for this being "one weird laser trick"....I just want the evidence.

What do you mean you want evidence? The issue was linked, they used the giga **** gun to destabilize the core and and upon hitting the core mere moments after it was destabilized, it blew up. But they had to be quick, because if they weren't, it wouldn't have blown up, and they probably would have died on impact.

That's also a pretty big AP jump from Viltrumites to hitting a planet, as your arguments imply.

My argument, is that it's literally not them hitting the planet that causes this to explode. Whatever the **** else this entails doesn't matter, but the planet exploding? Isn't them. And can't be treated as such.

Last edited:
And there's no citation of it being a domino effect.
It was because of the core being destabilized. The impact in conjunction with the core being unstable caused it. Literally a domino effect. One thing lead to another.

The beam only showed feats of destroying anything along its line of area and doesn't affect anything that's around it or outside it's line of area.
Objectively and demonstrably false. It can and has caused chain reactions before.

It just could have put a hole in the core of the planet, however that doesn't mean the planet becomes loose or easy for anything to destroy scientifically and it wasn't shown to loose the planet either.
Scientifically doesn't matter, you're right, it doesn't make sense scientifically, but it doesn't change the fact that's how it happened. It did make destroying the planet far less difficult, that was the whole point, otherwise they wouldn't of been able to. And as for "it didn't show it being loose", literally impossible to tell, it all happened in like 3 panels in a split second, but given prior feats with it, that's likely what happened yeah.

So it's certainly pure force that destroyed the planet and not domino effect, unless there's citation of the core being the force that binds the planet.
Not certainly, it's explicitly not the case. You're acting like the core being destabilized actually had zero effect and was just there for the sake of it. No, it was important, crucial even, without it they likely would have even died. We don't need an explicit statement, it speaks for itself, unless you think Thaedus is lying and Omniman or everyone else just didn't feel the need to correct him, and they went out of their way to get Racer to shoot the planet for them while he's in a life or death situation just for the sake of it. Like it or not. the feat isn't what you think it is.

Planet was shot by the beam, the beam destabilized the core, the sudden strong impact caused the destabilized core'd planet to go boom, but only because of said core, otherwise that wouldn't have happened.
What does that mean? It means nothing, it's not real, but in context? It's everything.

Calc what they actually did, don't try and justify things they explicitly weren't doing under their own power.

Maybe you guys should discuss this in another thread cuz I rather not have a mod come by a clap my thread cuz things start getting out of hand on this whole planet feat

Maybe you guys should discuss this in another thread cuz I rather not have a mod come by a clap my thread cuz things start getting out of hand on this whole planet feat
If it was up to me we wouldn't even be discussing this, in a thread, about the show.

Back