• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invincible season 1 amazon tv show discussion

Though I've always found the durability of Invincible verse characters dubious even in the comics.

There's definitely a few issues but unless someone else does it, I'll do it way later. There's some decent feats though.
Is the meteor statement even in the comics tho?
Anime only.

Invincible is what you get if Saiyan Saga was fleshed out to be a whole thing, except an adult Vegeta was sent to earth, not a infant Goku.

Also the Frieza stand-in is Freddy Mercury.

That's a gross oversimplification and ignores Robot and friends but generally speaking.

Pretty sure the meteor being the "size of Texas" is just a reference to Armageddon. Dunno if it should be taken seriously.

Omni man cracked a mountain by punching at his son, I wonder what that will yield. Another thing that's been bugging me, is whether it's Mount Everest they were on top before.

Armageddon?
Bruce Willis movie about him trying to stop a giant asteroid
Invincible stopping and throwing away that meteor could use a calc unless we’re scaling him to his father
he’d definitely not scale to his father, Omni was trying to wear him down and Mark was doing nothing to him

We could definitely upscale him and Immortal from Mark tho

I think there was a recalc to put it at 6-A to High 6-A
Interesting
Pretty sure the meteor being the "size of Texas" is just a reference to Armageddon. Dunno if it should be taken seriously.
ueah that’s true
We should definitely call Omni’s feats and upscale him from Mark

Why does something being a reference somehow invalidate it? It could be a reference, but that doesn't change the fact that in context, it did indeed happened and is something Omniman claimed to basically show off his power to his son and to indicate how he has a long, long way to go still.

Cheers, I’ll have a look at it
Why does something being a reference somehow invalidate it? It could be a reference, but that doesn't change the fact that in context, it did indeed happened and is something Omniman claimed to basically show off his power to his son and to indicate how he has a long, long way to go still.
I get your point but the thing is it’s miles
Above everything else Omni performs in the series

I get your point but the thing is it’s miles
Above everything else Omni performs in the series
A bit to early to call that. We've barely seen him going all out and it's still early. The show has been adding and taking away things here and there, tweaking the sequence of events, but also adding quite a bit of feats and statements. That mountain feat from Ep8? Show original. The meteor? Show original. I could go on.
This isn't the comics any longer, it's a new canon and it should be treated as such.

I finally finished watching the series (and I want to read the comic) Who would say that in the first episode they showed us Batman's nightmare of whether Superman was actually evil and killed the JL and then conquer the planet Xd.

There are interesting things, I wonder what speed would mark and the others have?

MFTL+ by scaling Allen that he can travel from one solar system to another?

there are clearly massively hypersonic+ or sub-relativistic feats (mark traveling to the atmosphere and in another episode to the moon)

A bit to early to call that. We've barely seen him going all out and it's still early. The show has been adding and taking away things here and there, tweaking the sequence of events, but also adding quite a bit of feats and statements. That mountain feat from Ep8? Show original. The meteor? Show original. I could go on.
This isn't the comics any longer, it's a new canon and it should be treated as such.
That’s my point

The meteor is miles above anything he actually does on screen and the show and we kinda need to see more for us to think he’s high tier 6

That’s my point

The meteor is miles above anything he actually does on screen and the show and we kinda need to see more for us to think he’s high tier 6
Of a an ongoing show.
It sure as **** isn't invalidated because of a possible reference. Just slap "possibly" and call it a day till further notice.

Of a an ongoing show.
It sure as **** isn't invalidated because of a possible reference. Just slap "possibly" and call it a day till further notice.
That’s my suggestion

Focus on his on screen feats and put a likely higher (mentioning the meteor feat)

It being ongoing also means nothing since we have to go off what we actually have

It being ongoing also means nothing since we have to go off what we actually have
You realize that goes both ways right? It's one of his very few feats/statements thus far. It being tier 6, he has zero consistent showings thus far. Every single one of his feats vary drastically, what we have is very little, and that little we do have all differ. Not a single feat thus far has more credence over any other. Except like basic tier 8 feats because other characters have those too.

You realize that goes both ways right? It's one of his very few feats/statements thus far. It being tier 6, he has zero consistent showings thus far. Every single one of his feats vary drastically, what we have is very little, and that little we do have all differ. Not a single feat thus far has more credence over any other. Except like basic tier 8 feats because other characters have those too.
True but feats are > statements so we should focus on what we see Omni actually do

True but feats are > statements so we should focus on what we see Omni actually do
Which is a bunch of casual feats that aren't at all reflective of his actual output. All of which vary widely and you aren't getting any type of coherent tiering from any of it due to said great variance. And not just a statement, it's a statement of something he did indeed do, it's a feat all the same. A statement would be Cecil going "idk he could probably toss a meteor that big", but that isn't what happened, what happened was "Hey Mark I did toss a meteor this big".

Be real here, if you're going the route of "the feat isnt credible because it's to high above his other feats", yeah, sure, that could make sense, but it doesn't not yet at least, because his other feats themselves are extremely casual, him holding back, and so on and they themselves still vary in magnitudes of order. You can't call outlier on a feat that hasn't been established to be an outlier yet. The absolute best you could do is like "At least 8-A, possibly [whatever this feat ends up at]". Because that's the only thing we can concretely say based on his showings.

Which is a bunch of casual feats that aren't at all reflective of his actual output. All of which vary widely and you aren't getting any type of coherent tiering from any of it due to said great variance. And not just a statement, it's a statement of something he did indeed do, it's a feat all the same. A statement would be Cecil going "idk he could probably toss a meteor that big", but that isn't what happened, what happened was "Hey Mark I did toss a meteor this big".
They’re still miles more reliable then a statement for something that happened ages ago.

We do the same for DCEU Supes by not using the tectonic plate or even the Doomsday moon feat despite the fact we know those happened

Because they are miles above everything else and have far too many unknowns for quantification

This is the same case, we have no idea what “size of Texas” means (whether that referenced weight, width or length), the proportions of the asteroid or even what type of rock it’s reliably made of.
Be real here, if you're going the route of "the feat isnt credible because it's to high above his other feats", yeah, sure, that could make sense, but it doesn't not yet at least, because his other feats themselves are extremely casual, him holding back, and so on and they themselves still vary in magnitudes of order. You can't call outlier on a feat that hasn't been established to be an outlier yet. The absolute best you could do is like "At least 8-A, possibly [whatever this feat ends up at]". Because that's the only thing we can concretely say based on his showings.
It doesn’t matter because we see nothing on the Tier 6 level. It’s fine to say everything is casual but if that’s all we have to work with then we can’t go higher (look at Saitama)

Also I sincerely doubt he’d Simply be Tier 8 considering he’s >>> Invincible who has a perfectly quantifiable feat for tossing aside the meteor in that very same scene as the Texas statement.

It’s not like there’s no precedent for this and this seems to be what we do for characters like this.

I’m not even saying it’s an outlier, just that it might not be as reliable as the actual on screen feats he performs

They’re still miles more reliable then a statement for something that happened ages ago.

And yet every single one differs wildly. So which one is it then? Every single feat you could list has it's own fair share of issues, because there's no consistency yet. Every single statement, feat and showing, at the moment, is fair game for the animated show incarnation of Omniman. Reliable? He got knocked out by a High 8-C blow by the kaiju, but in the same episode barely got a nosebleed from a pointblank extensive barrage of a orbital laser cannon. See the issue? No they aren't more reliable. You're creating an arbitrary difference between his feats and powers to discredit some but treat others as more reliabe, when there isn't any yet. This shouldn't be hard to understand.

We do the same for DCEU Supes by not using the tectonic plate or even the Doomsday moon feat despite the fact we know those happened

Good for those. If I wanted to discuss DC I wouldn't be in the Invincible thread now would I? I could start listing off verses where the best feat is a statement and we use said statement because it isn't actually properly and consistently contradicted and as such we have no reason not to use it. If you want name off verses that do whatever it is they do, I can do the same.

Because they are miles above everything else and have far too many unknowns for quantification

This is the same case, we have no idea what “size of Texas” means (whether that referenced weight, width or length), the proportions of the asteroid or even what type of rock it’s reliably made of.

What? Yes we do? He literally gestures with his hands the width. It's obviously not weight, and length (or height) would be if he raised his hands vertically, instead he spreads his arms horizontally to portray the width of the asteroid while conveying the size of it. This is basic contextual comprehension. And rock? We have meteorite values, generally it's 7-8g per cm3. Though, are you actually trying to say "we don't know the exact type of rock it was so it isn't reliable". You could pull the same argument even if it was explicitly shown on screen. You could use the same argument for every single feat in the verse, we aren't told the exact materials of what is destroyed in ANY scene, instead we just deduce it based on common sense.

Again, not an actual argument. He could say he blew a ******* hole through a planet with one punch, as long as it isn't contradicted shit's fine to use. And guess what, it isn't contradicted. It's miles above everything else? Not exactly, at least not any larger a difference compared to some his lowest end to even something like the Flaxan feat. 8-A Vs. 6-C is about the same difference between 6-C and 5-C. See my point? You can not, unironically say one feat is to high, when all his feats, at the moment, vary ******* WIDLY and there isn't a coherent or consistent scale that exists for him yet. If your issue is feats being to high based on the minimum, then every single feat above like 8-A is throw out the window, maybe 7-C at best.
And to many unknowns? He clearly signals he's talking about a meteor as wide as texas.

It doesn’t matter because we see nothing on the Tier 6 level. It’s fine to say everything is casual but if that’s all we have to work with then we can’t go higher (look at Saitama)

You mean the character who has hopped around multiple tiers and was even 5-B at multiple points based on a far less concrete statement of a hypothetical of him destroy earth? Also we unironically do have higher things to work with, youre just saying "nah it isnt reliable", and making up excuses as to why it isnt reliable. When everything you've said is easily able to be worked around. We unironically have something higher to work with here. And nothing on tier 6? We barely have anything on Tier 7 statistically speaking comparative to tier 8.
And it's not a matter of quantity to begin with, Omniman could have only tier 9 feats, if there is nothing to suggest that tier 6 statement is false, and there's no feats that consistently say he isnt that tier, and the statement was from a reliable source (Omniman doesn't oversell himself fyi, comic spoilers, he knows his limits, a bit to well). Then we have no reason to say that statement isn't at the very ******* least worthy of a possibly/likely on the profile, because that's what it is. In ANY other situation we'd just list that shit and say "yeah here's his minimum fyi, but also here's possibly this strong too".

Also I sincerely doubt he’d Simply be Tier 8 considering he’s >>> Invincible who has a perfectly quantifiable feat for tossing aside the meteor in that very same scene as the Texas statement.

Who also has gotten his ass smashed in by tier 9 and 8 feats far more consistently. If you want to play a number's game, actually sit down and count the feats, Mark is statistically harmed by far less then Tier 7, only having two tier 7 feats to his name, with like 3 dozen tier 8 feats. I'm fine with using the meteor feat for Mark, but I'm gonna call a spade a spade and call you out when I see it.

It’s not like there’s no precedent for this and this seems to be what we do for characters like this.

In almost any other situation we'd at the very least say "possibly [meteor statement here]" untill otherwise proven. That's what we'd do, and that's what has precedent. I don't even know why we're arguing this, I'm not even saying "he should ONLY be this", I'm saying he should "possibly" be this. And that's what we have those terms for to begin with.

I’m not even saying it’s an outlier, just that it might not be as reliable as the actual on screen feats he performs

I mean, you aren't saying that, but that is your argument. If it's not an outlier, then why are you continuously bringing up "it's better then his other feats", that ONLY applies and matters if it's deemed a outlier. It being higher has absolutely no bearing on the conversation unless it's an argument of it being a outlier, if you aren't arguing that, drop any further mention of it being stronger or weaker.
Of course, onscreen feats are more quantifiable and the like, which is why, I'm simply saying list it as a possibility, that's what the shit is there for.

Look, I really don't want to argue this, but this is getting somewhat suspicious all things considered, there's no real reason to discredit the feat to the extent that I'm seeing here. And if we have a statement saying a character can or better yet, DID, do a thing, and that statement isn't actually contradicted at all, well, we list it as is on the profile, and just preface it with likely/possibly.

Firstly watch your tone, there's no need to use so many expletives and consider an appeal to motive fallacy
In almost any other situation we'd at the very least say "possibly [meteor statement here]" untill otherwise proven. That's what we'd do, and that's what has precedent. I don't even know why we're arguing this, I'm not even saying "he should ONLY be this", I'm saying he should "possibly" be this. And that's what we have those terms for to begin with.
I don't either because that's what I'm actually suggesting here, give him a possibly based on the meteor feat.
With that established we can move on

Firstly watch your tone, there's no need to use so many expletives and consider an appeal to motive fallacy
Why because I said **** several times? All things considered that was extremely tame. And I never said you in particular, I was actually saying in general, but a spade is a spade and I'll call it out as I see it, shit's beyond just a little suspect.
I don't either because that's what I'm actually suggesting here, give him a possibly based on the meteor feat.
Actually, earlier you said "likely higher".
Likely higher and "likely/possibly [value here] are two completely different things, in which we use both. The former is needlessly vague which is what you proposed earlier, even with mentioning the feat.

Why because I said **** several times? All things considered that was extremely tame. And I never said you in particular, I was actually saying in general, but a spade is a spade and I'll call it out as I see it, shit's beyond just a little suspect.
Yes because you said **** several times
And again it's a fallacy for a reason
Actually, earlier you said "likely higher".
Likely higher and "likely/possibly [value here] are two completely different things, in which we use both. The former is needlessly vague which is what you proposed earlier, even with mentioning the feat.
Looking back I did say that, my bad
Can we move on now?

Yes because you said **** several times
And again it's a fallacy for a reason
Well no offense but, so? It be like that sometimes, or a lot. You may just have to get used to it, people say **** in this day and age. And I'm one of said people, don't take it personally, I don't mean to offend you in anyway.
Looking back I did say that, my bad
Can we move on now?
Yes.

Omni-Man went sicko mode

Yeah it definitely confirms a theory of mine that Immortal and War Woman are >> Mark at this point (maybe they get a likely?)

Tbh I’ve found the AP for the comics questionable.

Especially since the main feat for 5-B (nuking Viltrum) was a combined effort on an already weakened planet

Not sure what they’d go down to tho
Accounting for the fact it took 3 of them to destroy the planet would yield above baseline Small Planet level, basically dividing baseline planet level by 3.

Accounting for the fact it took 3 of them to destroy the planet would yield above baseline Small Planet level, basically dividing baseline planet level by 3.
You do know the calc is much higher than that? And the recalc is far lower than that?

Back