• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Into Hell: Dante Alighieri vs The Lich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Just noticed Dante is 8-B and thematically fits perfectly with Lich, as well as seemingly has a method if temporarily incapping Lich (absorbing soul, if only temporarily). So I hope this isn't a stomp!

Dante is found wandering the Gungeon searching for hell when he is pulled in by the Lich. Fight starts in Lich's boss room, goes on from there. For all intents and purposes, Lich is considered an unholy being.

AP wise they are remarkably close, both being between 13 and 13.5 Tons of TNT.

Obviously 8-B keys used, speed is equalized. Who wins and why?

Dante Alighieri:

The Lich:

Incon:

What's interesting is that Dante deflects projectiles 1/3 times, and most of the Lich's hax operates on projectile attacks.

That plus Instinctive reaction and Divine Armor should help him deal with regular attacks in general, and if he gets within a relatively close range he can smite the Lich and reduce it to a soul that he can absorb and then convert into mana.

I think Dante might take this more times than not seeing as he'll immediatly try to close distance and smite, which he can pull off through a lot of his defensive magic and his attack reflection.

are you accounting for Kaliber's timehax based resurrection tho

Would the timehax ressurection even work if his soul is removed and turned into something else entirely?

Would just undo the soul damage to begin with. I believe there are methods of incapping Lich that would abide by Kaliber's "rules" so to speak, though if Dante has them then I wouldn't know.

Pain Manip, Freezing, etc. Anything that incaps him while keeping him inside of Bullet Hell and continuing to suffer under Kaliber's thumb.

Yeah... having his sins absolved and potentially going to Heaven isn't really in-line with that.

Sadly Dante has no other methods of incap unless there's a projectile that can be reflected back at the Lich that would incap him as such, which would still be massively unlikely.

Otherwise this is a stomp, as Dante has no way to win.

You'd think automatic soul absorption upon killing would do a lot, eh?

automatic soul absorption = dark souls

That isn't... entirely true. The issue with Lich is that once he timehaxes, he is stuck in Bullet Hell, effectively cut off from combat and granting the opponent an incap. His counter to this is BFR via opening a portal and dragging people in. But...

...Dante has possible Instinctive Reaction. Considering there is a potential argument for just normal people dodging the BFR, Dante does actually have a win condition. I'm hoping you can tell me how likely that is, for Dante to manage to dodge a giant bony boy fist for 24 hours (required timeframe to win).

I kinda doubt he'll be able to dodge the BFR for 24 hours straight unless his Instinctive Reaction makes it so he literally never gets hit.

Phoenixstorm9 said:
I kinda doubt he'll be able to dodge the BFR for 24 hours straight unless his Instinctive Reaction makes it so he literally never gets hit.
Possible. Never played the game, just liked the aesthetic.

Instinctive Reaction only means he automatically reacts to some (not all) attacks, and he only deflects 1/3 projectiles. That and Instinctive Reaction only means his body can react to attacks; it doesn't change his ability to dodge them.

I doubt he'd last more than an hour; I don't even know if his stamina would keep him running for 24 straight hours, meaning this is still sort of a stomp as that's not even a chance.

"Stamina: Very high (Able to fight his way through all of Hell's nine circles without rest)"

This took less than an hour?

I mean, he wouldn't be able to dodge a crapton of projectiles and BFR attacks among other hax for an hour straight.

I was reffering to lasting 24 hours in regards to his stamia, which is the very, very tiny and nonexistent chance he has at winning.

Like, we're talking about winning the lottery in terms of luck, and his stamia won't even last that long in that case.

Dargoo Faust said:
I mean, he wouldn't be able to dodge a crapton of projectiles and BFR attacks among other hax for an hour straight.
I was reffering to lasting 24 hours in regards to his stamia, which is the very, very tiny and nonexistent chance he has at winning.

Like, we're talking about winning the lottery in terms of luck, and his stamia won't even last that long in that case.
Projectiles aren't shot through the portals. That's only in the actual fight with him. If Dante can soul destroy, he gets out of Bullet Hell for awhile and is now only dodging BFR.

Mr. Bambu said:
Projectiles aren't shot through the portals. That's only in the actual fight with him. If Dante can soul destroy, he gets out of Bullet Hell for awhile and is now only dodging BFR.
Like I said, he can't do that before he passes out of exhaustion.

Multiversal Pizza - Shin Megami Tensei Dante
Wrong verse, mate

I was referring to the fact that the historical Dante Alighieri was a poet who lived in Italy. He wrote the "Divina Commedia" or "Divine Comedy", in which he visits Hell, Purgatory and Heaven. Unnecessary History lesso

So is this considered a stomp or not? Is Dante's stamina not high enough?

I consider it a stomp, however I don't like closing threads just because of what I think until there is ample discussion or a large consensus.

Is there any objections to be closing this, or more arguments to be said?

This can be closed.

And... no, Gargoyle, but this isn't the place to explain each match Lich had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back