• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I was supposed to write a page but then people didn't seem to totally agree on some stuff but it just kinda stopped, I guess. Eh, I'll just make a draft tomorrow and post it here, to see if I assessed the thread right.

There is one thing I wanna to point out. So, some users, including important ones, seem to have the idea that characters can't have in his equipment sentient beings/characters with their own profile, which is fallacious. I believe we should clarify this in the page.

I'm doing this now. Since I'm new to making pages like this, does anyone feel that there's a page I should model this after, in terms of formatting? Right now I'm kinda looking at pages like regen and stomp thread.

I've got a pic dragon but feel free to send me yours as well. I'll ask Repp to come here.

So we're trying to figure out how to word what it means to go in Standard Equipment?

As far as formatting goes, it should be most like the pages we used to describe basic statistics like Speed or Intelligence.

I'll try to come up with something in the meantime.

I've got a short draft that I'm trying to update here. Right now a lot of it is adapted from a comment Efficiente made above.

Seems really short right now, so I'm probably missing stuff. Gonna go through the thread again, in a bit.

We would also have to decide how to properly index the page.

I think that the draft looks good, with the exception of the header image. A joke picture of a character overloaded with equipment would work better.

Anyway, we have some problems regarding this. One is that we have to decide under what category (the ones at the bottom of the pages) we should index this, and the second is that we need to update the Standard Format for Character Profiles page with an "optional equipment" section, likely including the instruction image at the top.

Dragon sent me a pic on my wall that I was probably gonna end up using, if most people agreed. I just pulled up some random pic I had saved on my computer for the placeholder.

Category may just be something like "regulations for equipment", idk.

Would it be better if it's simply be called "Equipment" and then users can specify or select as either "standard" or "optional" to be used if all of them are listed

Maybe. What do the rest of you think?

It would make sense but... Standard Equipment is on literally every character profile. Unless we use a script to change it, then it's going to be a pain to implement.

@Ant

The Important category sounds fine.

I prefer keeping it as standard equipment, since I don't like having too many giant projects at once. Additional equipment could just an optional note for the standard character page format page.

Okay. I suppose that an optional section would be best for the time being.

Is somebody willing to write a draft text for the new standard equipment and optional equipment sections?

Is there a problem if we keep the current description of standard equipment and describe Optional Equipment as "Things the character has occasionally carried with him"?

I already sorta defined both in my draft, and wasn't really told much more besides that it's good and to change the pic to the one above with link getting crushed. Is there something else you want specifically?

Maybe a link to your page would work though?

The image still needs to be replaced though. Does anybody have that image of an overloaded LoZ Link available?

We could either just add a second category for optional equipment below standard, or make the category "Equipment" and have standard and optional as bullets.

Was that image just made in word or something? If so, I can whip up a new one.

I think the image of link carrying everything sounds perfect, but perhaps get rid of the white background. I can render it, just give me a moment.

I think that image would be great to use.

Wokistan said:
Was that image just made in word or something? If so, I can whip up a new one.
I think that Lina Shields just made it in Word, yes. However, you must take care to exactly copy the structure, and then make the agreed upon addition.

Sorry for taking a while, but I'm getting around to doing the image now. I will have make some minor edits to fix some awkard grammar, and I referenced a different file than Carmilla since she doesn't actually have tabbers anymore.

I am running into one issue though. While I can collapse the page dividers, there's still a small line running across the screen. In general, It is too long for one screen shot. Anyone know how to rectify this?

Back