• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Instinctive reaction =ish Automated attack? Potential new ability(?)

PhantomØ4

He/Him
TL;DR: I was making a profile and I came across this ability

Basically I just wanted to know if characters who have abilities that automatically activate without them needing to think would have instictive reaction or something similar. Usually these abilities activate if X or Y condition is met such as danger, or intent or something similar, I know it is kind of similar to precognition but unlike precognition the user does not need to really process any of the information or think to counter attack as the ability does it on its own.

Ex: Giorno Giovanna (At one point at least, I do not know what the current GER veredict is with passive, auto and infinite, but he was at least considered to have auto activated reset to zero at some point) and Yogiri Takatou.

If it is not instictive reaction or subcatrgory of it wouldn't it be worth having a page for it?

I do know even know if this is the correct board.

It still feels like Instinctive Reaction, to me at least. But I can agree that characters like the above could get it if it acts as you described.

I agree. Instinctive reaction implies that the user doesn't need any time to process an attack themselves, automatic attack just means something else is doing the processing

We have characters that use Instinctive Reaction against stuff they don't even have any awareness of yet they still react. I don't see an use for such a power, IR should work.

Back