• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that one statement was clearly talking about bypassing defenses by destroying them from within. It would be a bit redundant to mention bypassing defenses by raw power and immediately follow it with "they can also destroy them from within".
No, that's your interpretation of it, but not objectively what is being portrayed there. Also my interpretation is the exact opposite of redundant while yours is.

Because through your interpretation the narration is literally repeating the same statement twice (It can bypass any defense and destroy an opponent from within). While my argument is that it can bypass defenses through spatial manipulation and a subset of the power is destroying an opponent from within. If that wasn't the case, you couldn't fuse together body parts just by targeting internal organs.

Regardless, this is kind of aside from the higher dimensional argument. So I won't argue past this on this point. At the very least, being in the Abyss doesn't only grant an extra layer of movement/shape/axis, which was my point this whole time; and I've already proven it.

Well, that took a while, but regardless:

The higher-universes that exists outside the reaches of the conceptual multiverse would share the same property considering how even the usual conceptual multiverse shares a hierarchy for each higher universe above the lower one and so on. Plus, one being only able to reach said universes if you are higher-dimensional in relation to The Sea.
Yeah, my uncertainty in that regard was mostly because of the possibility that those universes were just isolated parallel realities with a higher number of spatial dimensions, in which case, it would be perfectly plausible for them to have finite mass, and whatnot, and thus fall under Tier 3. But from what I can gather, the text explicitly differentiates "higher-level universes" from "parallel universes" (And, in this case, it seems like all of those parallel worlds are contained in a higher-dimensional multiverse, given that the universe which they reached at the start of the fight, before starting to move across alternate worlds, was already a higher-dimensional space than The Sea according to the narration), and traveling to one of the former is depicted as allowing you to freely target people in lower-dimensional spaces, so, it being a straightforward hierarchy where lower-dimensional spaces are embedded within higher-dimensional ones seems like a valid enough interpretation.

Granted, you could also argue that nothing actually shows those higher dimensions aren't compactified and/or empty of content, like Tago did up there, but from what I can tell by going through the chapter where they're mentioned (Thanks Umy), those higher spaces are described as containing galaxies, planets, superclusters, and whatnot, so it does seem like they're comprising full-blown universes anyway. In which case, 1-B seems fine by me.

Well, that took a while, but regardless:

Yeah, my uncertainty in that regard was mostly because of the possibility that those universes were just isolated parallel realities with a higher number of spatial dimensions, in which case, it would be perfectly plausible for them to have finite mass, and whatnot, and thus fall under Tier 3. But from what I can gather, the text explicitly differentiates "higher-level universes" from "parallel universes" (And, in this case, it seems like all of those parallel worlds are contained in a higher-dimensional multiverse, given that the universe which they reached at the start of the fight, before starting to move across alternate worlds, was already a higher-dimensional space than The Sea according to the narration), and traveling to one of the former is depicted as allowing you to freely target people in lower-dimensional spaces, so, it being a straightforward hierarchy where lower-dimensional spaces are embedded within higher-dimensional ones seems like a valid enough interpretation.

Granted, you could also argue that nothing actually shows those higher dimensions aren't compactified and/or empty of content, like Tago did up there, but from what I can tell by going through the chapter where they're mentioned (Thanks Umy), those higher spaces are described as containing galaxies, planets, superclusters, and whatnot, so it does seem like they're comprising full-blown universes anyway. In which case, 1-B seems fine by me.
God bless your life and fulfill all your desires forever.

I applied the relevant changes. Also, one thing to notice. Gemstic brought up a good point about Yogiri's type 4

Doesn't this clearly imply that a new avatar would always appear when the previous one dies? In this case, his immortality does seem combat applicable. After all, there's nothing stopping the true form from creating a new avatar whenever it wants, and the only reason it takes about a hundred years before the reincarnation happens is due to the fact that an avatar doesn't die before living for about a hundred years (as he is protected by none other than the True Form)

So basically the type 4 being combat applicable is also a valid interpretation.

I believe the thread can be closed now if there isn't anything left (I'll edit the HRE later).

Actually, yogiri profile mentions that he killed UEG with a thought but it also mentions that she was passively erased by it presence, shouldnt the Thought part be removed?

Actually, yogiri profile mentions that he killed UEG with a thought but it also mentions that she was passively erased by it presence, shouldnt the Thought part be removed?
I believe I already talked about this in the discussion thread. The avatar was the one who first killed her. What happens after seems to be UEG's pov after she returns to the End of all things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back