• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ID: Abyss Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Way To look At Thing: Abyss Edition

Astral Plane/Spirit World/Abyss had long been important part of ID cosmology since years with it being our first introduction to higher dimension in the verse. That being said it only ever use to define superiority between higher dimension toward lower dimension. There was never exactly actual tiering toward the world itself because of no direct information regarding of its size.

Or is it?

To explain a bit, The Abyss is defined as a world that on top of already having 3 basic spatial dimensions (length, width, and height), It also has an additional fourth spatial dimension. Anyway, it is stated that by using the alternate dimension, he, The King can appear anywhere and attack from anywhere. He can bypass any defense with no one able to do anything plus ordinary people can't perceive the dimension. This statement at first glance seems to only imply a general form of notion of its superiority. Nothing really mentioned about size of the Abyss. However, there is one interesting statement made by King before the explanation regarding the The Abyss, it was said by the King himself that he can only appear where the two dimensions (3D and 4D) overlap. This here also mention once again about the overlapping between the two dimension.

Why does this matter? The fact that The King says that he was able to appear everywhere he desired after that would have to mean that the Abyss being significant in size or at least the same size as the (main world) 3D spaces to cause such overlapping to allow for him to appear everywhere he wants which would mean that the size of The Abyss is at least Universal. In the chance people arguing that it only the basis 3 spatial dimension of The Abyss is of such size and not exactly the 4th dimension, It stated that his ability and influence over the 3D spaces are all because of the additional dimension. If the 4th axis is small, he won't be able to influence over the entire dimension as such it would mean that the higher axis must be as extensive as the other axises. The world (Abyss) is also shown to have time flow as we are told that the world passed by as the King starved to death, showing a progression of time in the Abyss. As additional support to that, MokoMoko said that space and time are a single indivisible whole, which means that for there is space, there must also be time as both of them correlate with one another.

From all this information, I have proposal for the tier of The Abyss

Option 1: The Abyss is in-fact significant Large size spatial dimension (at least universal) and have progression of time which would make the Abyss as Low 1-C.

Option 2: You agree with them being large but unsure whether it actually is universal but still do agree with the possibility of it. The Abyss as possibly Low 1-C.

Option 3: You disagree with the size notion but agree it being unknown 4D with time. This choice would mean you want to treat The Abyss being insignificant 5D structure for whatever it worth.

Option 4: None of the proposals are agreeable.

Having a 4th Dimensional Axis and being superior to a realm with three Dimensional axis isn't a Low 1-C feat. It looks like a basic Tier 2 showing.

Sorry for late reply. I have some assignments need to be done. Anyway…
Having a 4th Dimensional Axis and being superior to a realm with three Dimensional axis isn't a Low 1-C feat. It looks like a basic Tier 2 showing.
No. Time is just a linear direction of movement. The only way you could get 5D form the Abyss is if you erased the Abyss across space-time.
Well, I did see this coming…

I honestly would prefer not using this argument since it basically goes beyond Abyss and more into nature of HR anyway.

I am sorry if these arguments seem convoluted.

I also agree that destruction of The Abyss by itself is nothing more than tier 2 and it would require total destruction of time to be Low 1-C. Indeed, that only the case if we simply talk about The Abyss alone…

To start my argument, The Abyss share the same temporal dimension as the main world as it was not above time of the world and there no statement or implication of its actually having different time flow or different time axis from the main world plus action done by the King from the Abyss had shown to immediately taking effect on the main world. So, does them sharing temporal dimension matter in this case? Yes. Why?

Here is the reason.

Heavenly Record, usually simply refer to as ‘world’ or ‘universe’ is basically a large greater world containing many worlds (timelines, pocket dimensions, The Abyss etc etc) within itself. For more info, you could click this link here. To put it simply, destruction of Heavenly Record would mean destruction of all worlds(space-time continuums). As such, since the two dimension (main world and The Abyss) share a single temporal dimension, It would mean such destruction of the HR would also include The Abyss across its time as well which would qualify for low 1-C.

Of course, I also understand people skepticism which is why I myself prefer treating HR as possibly Low 1-C rather than likely or solid.

As such, since the two dimension (main world and The Abyss) share a single temporal dimension, It would mean such destruction of the HR would also include The Abyss across its time as well which would qualify for low 1-C.
It would only be Low 1-C on the complete erasure of time. As in past, present and future no longer exists. Just destroying them isn't enough.

But if you can prove it, then it would be an uncountable infinite amount of 4D spaces which is probably 5D.

It would only be Low 1-C on the complete erasure of time. As in past, present and future no longer exists. Just destroying them isn't enough.

But if you can prove it, then it would be an uncountable infinite amount of 4D spaces which is probably 5D.

Let me try proving it…

Destruction of the world, in context of Heavenly Record refer to destruction of all time (past, present and future)

To understand this require to understand HRE. Heavenly Record Eater also know as ‘devour of worlds’ who embodies countless worlds within itself and devour Heavenly Records for eternity directly stated that due to its nature, space and time is simply part of itself and can freely control the universe, determine the future and rewrite the past thanks to it. The term ‘universe’ here doesn’t refer to singular world but is use as general term to Heavenly Record which contain countless worlds including the Abyss. As such, this would also mean that HRE also control time (past, present and future) of the Abyss as well. Noted that the statement “time and space simply part of itself” and his ability to control future and rewrite the past had all to do with him containing countless “Heavenly Records” within himself. Considering that manipulation of world across time (past, present, future) directly correlated to the worlds(HRs) that he consume, this would mean that the worlds which are contain within it isn’t simply segment of specific time but rather their past and future as well. This also would mean that any time that HR is destroyed, the worlds contain in it across all time are also destroyed.

In addition, to say that destruction of HR doesn’t affect all Abyss across its time won’t make sense as that would mean the Time of the world exist outside of it but we know this can’t be since the Abyss and main world share single temporal dimension. This would make sense if Abyss isn't contain in the Heavenly Record and being temporally separate but that is not the case since as I previously explain, The Abyss share the same temporal dimension as main world. As such, space-time destruction in the context of Heavenly Record would also mean destruction Abyss across of time as well.

In addition, in one of the chapter, UEG attempt to destroy everything word her statement like this;
“I-In that case, I will incinerate everything! Time! Space! The universe itself! The higher-level universe that encompasses this one!

The UEG unleashed her power in full force. But that power, which should have annihilated everything, vanished into the darkness. It hadn’t made the slightest change in her surroundings.
(Instant Death LN vol 11 ch 21)

As above, it shown that within the context that universe shown to be much greater or larger which encompasses entire space-time. This isn’t a new thing since as I explain before, Universe which also use interchangeable with Heavenly Record, a larger greater world containing many/countless space-time continuums within itself. This would mean that destruction of universe would simply being just physical matter or space rather it would be total destruction of all space-time continuum within it.

TLDR; Destruction of Heavenly Record also refer to total destruction of Many/Countless worlds(space-time continuums) within it which would also include the Abyss contain within it across all its time since it share the same temporal dimension with the main world.

Last edited:
TLDR; Destruction of Heavenly Record also refer to total destruction of Many/Countless worlds(space-time continuums) within it which would also include the Abyss contain within it across all its time since it share the same temporal dimension with the main world.
Sure, it sounds like baseline Low 1-C for 4D + 1 Temporal dimension being effected.

Bump (Do I actually need to wait for more staff? I have already three staffs that accept the Likely Low 1-C. Can this CRT be considered as being accepted or do I need to wait for them?)

It seem that 3 staffs are already enough for this thread. I think this thread can now be close. The scaling to the HR will be done in another thread. Thank you to those who participate in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back