• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Instant Death new additions and minor revisions

Should be pretty quick and simple. Just some additions for Yogiri and other things.

New Abilities for Yogiri

• Conceptual Manipulation: Killed the Heavenly Record Eater and all the numerous Heavenly Records/Space-Times that were inside him. Heavenly Records are considered to be part of HRE's existence. Author stated that the all heavenly records are conceptual things in nature.
In order to speak of the Heavenly Record, it is first necessary to explain what it is. The Heavenly Record, stated simply, is the world's vessel; the world itself. On the top of the Heavenly Record, there are various other recorded things which comprise this world, as well as a type of intelligent life. It is a conceptual thing; for example, Yogiri and the others appear in the Heavenly Record for the universe of their original world, but for the world they are in now, they appear on the ground and sea directly on top of the Heavenly Record.

~Volume 3 Chapter 3

Without being able to understand at all, the Heavenly Record eater just became overcome with surprise, wasting about 2 seconds of the its precious remaining time. For an existence like the Heavenly Record eater, space-time was a part of itself. The surrounding space and time were within the range that it could be controlled with its own will, and predicting the future and the like were simple, but it had become unable to predict the future of after 10 seconds.

~Volume 3 Chapter 10

Please take aim at the girl now.』 (Young Woman)

A voice suddenly came out of nowhere. It was his subordinate issuing an order over the radio.

"Come to think of it, we've never tried that before, have we?" (Ryōsuke)

They had tried attacking the people around the target before, but the ultimate goal back then was to include him in the attack.

But what would happen if they ignored the target and just attacked the people around him instead? Would he be able to use his power to respond to it? They might find out something new if they tried.

One of the snipers on standby shot their rifle.

The target reacted, pulling the girl in close to him, protecting her from the bullet.

Ryōsuke immediately checked the monitor that depicted the subordinate that had taken the shot.

Not dead.

In other words, he was able to detect attacks aimed at people around him, but he doesn't necessarily use his power in response.

~Volume 4 Chapter 4

Equipment
Yogiri and Tomochika have a ring that disguise their status (Should also count as Resistance to Information Analysis or Illusion Creation)

Resistances for Yogiri

Btw, his Limited Fate Manipulation should just be Fate Manipulation, since Aoi never stood a chance and it's more potent than her Plothax. Before their fight, Aoi thought that by manipulating the destiny/plot of the world she could kill him, but the author proved that wrong apparently.

About the HRE
The Heavenly Record Eater should likely get Abstract Existence/Conceptual Embodiment added to his profile, since the heavenly records (which are conceptual things) are part of itself and he can manipulate space and time thanks to it

About Lain Tendou
A new accepted calc puts Santarou and Giant Robot at 7-A now, and Lain should be stronger than them since she is above most sage candidates, if not all of them

If I'm missing something, feel free to tell me and I'll add to the OP

• The spirit is the disembodied mind, the soul is... well the soul.
    Hide/Show
"No, I don't. But, the readings don't match. What appears to be Teresa-sama isn't included in the spirits that were collected." (Maid)

"……Hmm. If her death is real, she may have turned into a ghost before the tower absorbed her." (Sword Saint)

If soul was the energy to drive the body, it was said that spirit was the command tower governing the mind.

But yeah he killed both since we know that she did not turn into a ghost given that Yogiri, Tomochika and Momoko would have noticed if that had been the case. His status concealment ring should be added as equipment which should give him Illusion Creation(?) against Information Analysis, similar to his madness manipulation against precognition users. He also has the necklace that auto-translates other languages for him, but I don't know if that is worth listing.

He also has showed resistance against the Devil's Miasma, but I don't know what that gives him a resistance to.

I agree with almost everything, with exception of two things.

- His Fate hax being upgraded to be more potent than Aoi's ability: Due to the simple reason of instant Death and his Fate Hax are unrelated as far as we know (ID outright being beyond Fate).

- Resistance to plot manipulation should probablly be reserved for ID rather than giving Yogiri the resistance.

Well, if Aoi would still lose through all possible futures then Im pretty sure his resistance its not just tied to his ID

I mean, in one of the possibilities that happened, he didnt use ID and won against her without doing anything basically

What leads you to believe that in all those possible futures in which Aoi did attempt act against him ID did not trigger? All those futures would have triggered the auto activation mechanic of his ability. The very reason why Aoi survives at the end is due to the fact that she did not attepmt to act agaisnt him to begin with.

"In the worst case, if something similar to Yogiri being attacked happens, death would truly come to Aoi at that time."

"She realized that there was no reason that she should despair for anything.
She hadn't been hostile to Yogiri just yet."

I mean, yeah, the outcome we see is an outcome where Yogiri does not win with the use of instant death but the victory over Aoi was using his Madness Manipulation hax that come from the nature of his existence.

So, you are basically saying that Yogiri would win against Aoi's plot because Yogiri's ID would automatically activate and is beyond plot?

Would she win if it was passive, then? I always thought it was passive (Well, I know that is already passive for defence purposes, not sure about using offensively)

Yeah, her use of plot manipulation is not passive for offensive purposes, she has to activley move the plot towards the direction she wants it to move, so continously active rather than passive I suppose. It should be passive for defensive purposes tho since it is similar to Yogiri's Fate hax but she gets it via being something like a protagonist.

Even if it was passive ID would probably still kill Aoi given that it bypassed her defensive Plot Manipulation.

Not really? It's only fufilling the requirements for Instant Death's auto activation, create a threat to Yogiri. It does not even have to be a threat that instantlly kills him or anything as demonstarted when he was talking about killing space.

"For example, if this barrier is trying to trap me, it's possible to recognize the barrier itself as a threat and kill it."

Additionally. While looking through volume 2 I noticed that Vahanatto is supposed to be capable of going back to a "saved point" and retrying if she is killed but even when she went berserk mode she tried to not aim for Yogiri at all as she knew that death would come to her if she did. The people who he killed under Lain's barrier did not turn into undead either. Resurrection and Necromancy Negation should be added as well.

By the way, do you know what happened to the whole thing of him not actually being a "living thing" and actually being "a phenomenon similar to a curse or calamity"? It was brought up last CRT for Yogiri but nothing really came out of it.

TheMonsterOfTheAbyss said:
By the way, do you know what happened to the whole thing of him not actually being a "living thing" and actually being "a phenomenon similar to a curse or calamity"? It was brought up last CRT for Yogiri but nothing really came out of it.
I think people forgot because of the lack of information

In my opinion, I'd say that Yogiri is already dead or something like that (like Immortality type 7)...but who knows?

Regarding about the death barrier creation. The implication of "boundary of death" is most likely a flowery language as there was no actual thing of it being made here. The author would always clearly specify if one is a move.

It just equates to "if you get closer, I'll have to kill you." Both the manga and webnovel supports this.

"Whether or not such a thing exists, fate has brought them here. But, that person is dead! I didn't know something like that! And, the goddess killer has also come! He is quite a nice criminal. They are cautious, but that person is able to kill me if I am untactful, so naturally I'll die. Sugoine-kun, I didn't think that you would be sent here. Didn't you say that you were an enemy of the world?" (Vahanato)

Lets also add this new name that I found for Yogiri. It is crucial.

Yep.

Also, which type of AE would the HRE get? Type 3 is out of the question, but type 2 doesn't seem to really fit it either.

Maybe type 1? But that seems quite speculative.

You actually need to destroy concepts (HRs) to destroy the HRE, so it can't be type 3.

Edit:

Although Eating HRs and manipulating them is conceptual manipulation

Doesn't type 2 have to do with surviving via type 8 immortality?

"Embodies an abstraction, and can be resurrected or regenerate indefinitely thanks to it."

This honestly does not seem like it fits the Heavenly Record Eater. The only reason one needs to destroy the heavnely records is because they are a part of it, not because he regenerates from the concept of the heavenly records.

I think Type 3 AE fits better along adding Non-Corporeality given that to interact with its existence one needs to be able to affect the heavenly records and space-time is also merley an extension of its existence.

Back