• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Instant Death minor revision (well more like a small downgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Abyss dimension was stated to be a 5D dimension and they view lower beings as characters on a page which comes from this quote :

"それは、文字通りの意味で、異なる次元の世界でした。それをアストラル界、スピリットワールド、 またはアビスと呼んでください。
それはいくつもの名前で呼ばれていましたが、簡単に言えば、 長さ、 幅、高さが追加の5次元で補完された世界でした。
男はその次元と三次元空間の間を自由に移動することができました。それは信じられないほど強力な能力でした。
その次元を通過することで、彼は好きな場所に行き、攻撃を避けることができました。
彼が示したように、彼はそれを使ってあらゆる種類の防御を迂回し、内部から敵を破壊することさえできました。
その上、 普通の人間はこの次元を知覚することができず、 彼らが反撃することを不可能にしました。
この下の存在ページ上の文字としてのみ表示されます。 寸法の違いのため"

Translation :

" It was a world of different dimensions, in the literal sense of the word. Call it the Astral Realm, the Spirit World, or the Abyss.
It was called by a number of names, but simply put, it was a world whose length, width, and height were complemented by an additional fifth dimension.
The man was able to move freely between that dimension and three-dimensional space. It was an incredibly powerful ability.
By passing through that dimension, he could go anywhere he wanted and avoid any attacks.
As he had shown, he could use it to bypass all sorts of defenses and even destroy his enemies from the inside.
Besides, ordinary humans could not perceive this dimension, making it impossible for them to fight back.
The lower beings appears only as a character on a page. Due to the difference in dimensions. "

Coming from this thread .

However the Official translation says an other thing :

8094707-11281802-e122-4d03-9e63-0246d9577ef2.jpeg

The Official translation treats the Abyss as a 4D dimension while the quote above says it's a 5D dimension and not only that but also the statement about "seeing lower beings as characters on a page" isn't even mentioned anywhere in the Official translation and instead it says that "someoen with that level of power see the whole humanity as insects" and this makes me feel that the Abyss quote that was brought up in the upgrade thread was being manipulated, while Official translation could contain mistranslations except there is absolutely no way you can mistake 4 by 5 the fact that the quote above says that the Abyss is a 5D dimension but the Official translation says it's a 4D dimension is an enough proof for me that the scans were being manipulated since there is absolutely no way you someone can mistake "4" by "5" no matter how bad the translation is unless said person is completely blind.

My Suggestion :

1) HRE and all beings who scales to the Abyss should be downgraded to their previous tier until we see the Physical Japanese raw for the Abyss dimension and not just some quotes that can easily be manipulated

2) considering Lapsad is the one who braught up the Abyss quote in the Upgrade thread I would like for him to come here and bring the physical Japanese raw

Last edited:

The entire premise of this post is practically an arbitrary assumption that the RAWs are being manipulated without valid evidence of sort, their only "evidence" (more like an assumption) is simply just the official translation not capable of doing mistakes, when there are multiple official translators of other fiction having mistakes as well.

And I'm more convinced that the OP doesn't know that the burden is on him to prove that the RAWs are fake and being manipulated.

The entire premise of this post is practically an arbitrary assumption that the RAWs are being manipulated without valid evidence of sort, their only "evidence" (more like an assumption) is simply just the official translation not capable of doing mistakes, when there are multiple official translators of other fiction having mistakes as well.

And I'm more convinced that the OP doesn't know that the burden is on him to prove that the RAWs are fake and being manipulated.
1)I'm not saying they are really manipulated I'm just finding them sus

2) No matter how bad the translations are you can't mistake 4 by 5 unless you are completely blind which strongly implies that the scans were being manipulated somehow.

3)you are the one need to prove that the translations are legit especially when those translations comes from quotes (not even scans) which can easily be manipulated but considering you think the scans are somehow legit then pls give me the physical Japanese raw so I can check it, this should be very simple for you right?

2) No matter how bad the translations are you can't mistake 4 by 5 unless you are completely blind.

3)you are the one need to prove that the translations are legit but considering you think the scans are legit then pls give me the physical Japanese raw so I can check it
1.) That's honestly a pretty bad reason to downgrade something that literally has evidence for it, that's simply being denial.

2.) And that isn't our fault lmao, that's literally just assuming someone cannot make a silly mistake lol.

3.) Why do i need to prove something that I didn't even assert? In face you're the one who needs to prove that it's fake since you're first one to assert something. All you did was simply assuming the officials cannot do a simple mistake Lol.

1.) That's honestly a pretty bad reason to downgrade something that literally has evidence for it, that's simply being denial.
It's a good reason to me

2.) And that isn't our fault lmao, that's literally just assuming someone cannot make a silly mistake lol.
Yeah unless you meant that the one made the translations was completely blind saying he made a simple mistake isn't an excuse either in fact there are people in the upgrade thread who thought that the scans were in fact being manipulated

Why do i need to prove something that I didn't even assert?
You guys are the one who braught up the Abyss quote without their physical raws as quotes are things that can be manipulated easily you have to prove that those quotes are legit by sending the physical Japanese raw that's all I'm asking this isn't hard right? This especially goes for @Lapsad

2) No matter how bad the translations are you can't mistake 4 by 5 unless you are completely blind which strongly implies that the scans were being manipulated somehow.
You can, official translations bad, they literally mistake "10 kilometers" to "16 square miles" in Overlord, and they also added some FTL statement in TenSura LN that doesnt even exist

Yeah unless you meant that the one made the translations was completely blind saying he made a simple mistake isn't an excuse either in fact there are people in the upgrade thread who thought that the scans were in fact being manipulated
Making a silly mistake doesn't equate to them being blind, considering we have translators translating nonexistent quotes and making shit up (referring the one in Dies Irae), it isn't surprise they made that mistake. Yen-Press is also a good example of how official translators isn't perfect; such as they translating the kanji for multiverse to multidimensional space.

You guys are the one who braught up the Abyss quote without their physical raws as quotes are things that can be manipulated easily you have to prove that those quotes are legit by sending the physical Japanese raw that's all I'm asking this isn't hard right? This especially goes for @Lapsad
Because first off they aren't even necessary, the quote itself is already enough along with the screenshot of it, like you don't see people asking literally to record the gameplay when an untranslated visual novel is being discussed lol. Second off, no one asked when it was being mentioned beforehand, thus we don't have the first burden of proving it. Also i didn't gave the scan, so the burden isn't mine in the first place.

Also what do you mean by "show physical raws quote" ?? are you saying we should take a picture of the physical book where it's stated, lmao. Also you know there was a scan of it, rather than only it's quote right?

Do you know that showing the physical raws is not needed right?

i think thr might be some confusion or atleast im really confused rn
i think blanco asking for the scan of the raw? not an actual phyiscal copy of the raw you need to snip then imgur for us?

Bruh. It was literally already bought that up in the discussion thread and people simply just took the JP text and quote it for easier purpose.

i think thr might be some confusion or atleast im really confused rn
i think blanco asking for the scan of the raw? not an actual phyiscal copy of the raw you need to snip then imgur for us?
Yeah I'm fine with scans my main issue is that the Upgrade was based on quotes that weren't backed up by any scans or physical raws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back