• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Instant Death "Lives" Up to its Name (By Dying Instantly) [Part 1]

Light novels, huh? I have a reputation with one in particular, but in dealing with He Who Shall Not Be Named, I’ve realized that these verses have a tendency to skirt by a lot of standards just by virtue of having an established reputation as OP. While That One Guy might’ve been the prime example, Yogiri Takatou - and his associated verse, Instant Death - tends to come up as one of the de facto light novels to solo everyone’s verse because of how cool and epic his completely unique and special cheat ability is. Naturally, claims of extreme power make me a little suspicious, and wouldn’t you know it, there’s a ******* treasure trove of wank in here.

So that’s what this thread is. The first part of a full analysis and takedown of another light novel, focusing on Yogiri himself since his abilities are easiest to source. Maybe I’ll do more light novels after this, idk. Probably.

don’t ask me about the staff thread i was supposed to have made by now, i have 0 self control

Death Manipulation

Obvious wank.

Curse Manipulation

Yogiri is able to use his death manipulation on a delay. That isn’t really a curse so much as it is him holding back, as he himself puts it. This is less of a power and more of a separate use of an existing power.

Technology Manipulation

This is just him killing people who look at him, with those effects carrying across anyone who sees a recording of him activating his power. Don’t let the several pages of text fool you, because it really comes down to this:

“The camera captured the moment his power activated. His mind was likely fairly hazy, so he was probably just targeting anyone looking at him.”

So this is just another instance of how he applies his ability, rather than him being able to directly alter technology itself. Things like this should go under his NA&T instead.

Perception Manipulation

He isn’t directly killing a target’s senses; Rather, he kills the organs responsible for those senses. While it’s supernatural in nature, it isn’t much different from giving someone perception manipulation for shooting someone’s eye with a gun.

Telepathy/Mind Manipulation Negation

This is… an odd case. Basically, when Yogiri uses his powers, he’s able to make it so that a person is unable to be communicated with telepathically or mind controlled. The issue is, the context is that he killed the target’s ‘ears’, so this isn’t really negating the mindhax in question as much as it is deleting the target of those hax. Like how erasing someone’s soul isn’t soulhax negation.

Power Nullification

The scan on the profile is conveniently cropped to leave out the full context. The claim that Yogiri can kill a person’s powers is bunk; As he himself puts it, he merely kills whatever object is fired towards him, while anything that isn’t a direct attack is outside his capabilities. So this should be downgraded to “limited” power null, as characters can still use their powers after the fact, and Yogiri can only nullify a very small number of attacks.

Causality Manipulation

This comes from this set of scans. The general gist is “nobody knows the cause of death when Yogiri uses his powers, so obviously there is no cause and Yogiri can ignore causality”. I don’t need to explain this. This is like saying sudden infant death syndrome is causality hax.

Law Manipulation/Subjective Reality/Existence Erasure

First, the easy one. This scan shows Yogiri killing a pocket dimension with different rules. Doesn’t take a genius to figure out that destroying a reality with altered laws doesn’t mean you have law manipulation.

For the other scan… for starters, this feat was performed while he was in his 2nd gate, so idk why this is in the 1st gate key. Even then, killing momentum is just physics manipulation, not really law manipulation despite the two tending to overlap some (he even has physics manipulation in his 2nd key for this reason). Saying that he “kills phenomena” is interesting, but so little extra context is given to that statement that it seems to be a reach to say that he can kill universal laws or whatever. As for SR, saying that what lives and what dies is up to his perception is just saying that he can kill things with a thought, or just decide who lives and who dies. It isn’t turning imagination into reality or whatever.

EDIT: More evidence has been provided, showing that Yogiri decides what death is. I am currently neutral on the ability.

As for EE, it’s either incorrectly lumped in with these abilities, or has no scans at all. Either justify it with something else, or it goes.

EDIT: EE is, imo, fine to stay as a 'limited' rating as Yogiri can erase ghosts due to how they interact with his ability.

Limited Invulnerability

“While wearing this outfit, projectiles moved unnaturally to avoid Yogiri, fireball magic dissipated on itself and an attack from a greatsword bounced off Yogiri's coat, leaving him completely unharmed. Though attacks that exceed its durability seemingly could still harm Yogiri

do i really need to explain this one

Resistance to Probability Manipulation

He killed someone who has an ability that lets them dodge anything. That’s it. Considering his ability is “just kill shit without attacking them”, this doesn’t seem to require a “resistance” of any kind.

Resistance to Sealing

Destroying an object that’s been sealed doesn’t really give you any resistance to being sealed yourself. Just lump this in with his power null.

Resistance to Power Bestowal

Yogiri is one of a few people who was not installed with the Battle Song system. However, it’s just an inherent flaw of the program that it sometimes doesn’t have compatibility with a user, so it’s not a resistance on Yogiri’s end.

That’s all for now. There are some other issues I have with his abilities, but those tend to deal with other characters or verse mechanics so I need to save those for later. Also, I recommend explaining his final key’s type 5 acausality in this thread to see if it’s still valid.

Last edited:
The scan on the profile is conveniently cropped to leave out the full context. The claim that Yogiri can kill a person’s powers is bunk; As he himself puts it, he merely kills whatever object is fired towards him, while anything that isn’t a direct attack is outside his capabilities. So this should be downgraded to “limited” power null, as characters can still use their powers after the fact, and Yogiri can only nullify a very small number of attacks.
That doesn't really make it limited. The power is still being nullified. Not all powernulls have to null the character's ability before they are fired, as the powernull page exemplifies:
In some cases, an ability can only be negated once it's been used or activated, but in others, powers can be nullified before they're even utilized.

and Yogiri can only nullify a very small number of attacks.
Where is this coming from?
For the other scan… for starters, this feat was performed while he was in his 2nd gate, so idk why this is in the 1st gate key. Even then, killing momentum is just physics manipulation, not really law manipulation despite the two tending to overlap some (he even has physics manipulation in his 2nd key for this reason). Saying that he “kills phenomena” is interesting, but so little extra context is given to that statement that it seems to be a reach to say that he can kill universal laws or whatever. As for SR, saying that what lives and what dies is up to his perception is just saying that he can kill things with a thought, or just decide who lives and who dies. It isn’t turning imagination into reality or whatever.
This is a bit tricky to explain, but SR is more like because things that aren't supposed to logically die (for example: ice and doors) die because of Yogiri's perception. For example, a door's purpose being that of blocking the way into another room; so for Yogiri it only becomes logical that if the door dies it will allow him to cross the entrance. It's based on how he imagines things dying. Another example would be how he killed his falling momentum. One would think that killing momentum would just make it so Yogiri becomes stopped forever, but he imagined the death of it in a way that allowed him to maintain the momentum afterwards., implying its based on his subjectiveness.

As for the rest, I don't really mind.

That doesn't really make it limited. The power is still being nullified. Not all powernulls have to null the character's ability before they are fired, as the powernull page exemplifies:
The method isn't what makes it limited. It's that it only works on a select few abilities. The last paragraph of that scan says that he could easily kill a projectile that Sion threw at him (magical or otherwise), but something that directly influences his body would be more troublesome. So he could nullify something that has a physical presence in the world, but abilities like mind control, body puppetry, or possession can't be nullified in the same way. I do this with my own verses as well, where a character with no indication of being able to nullify anything besides like, seals or energy attacks only has limited power null.

Where is this coming from?
See above.

This is a bit tricky to explain, but SR is more like because things that aren't supposed to logically die (for example: ice and doors) die because of Yogiri's perception. For example, a door's purpose being that of blocking the way into another room; so for Yogiri it only becomes logical that if the door dies it will allow him to cross the entrance. It's based on how he imagines things dying. Another example would be how he killed his falling momentum. One would think that killing momentum would just make it so Yogiri becomes stopped forever, but he imagined the death of it in a way that allowed him to maintain the momentum afterwards.
That seems to be a reach to me. Is there any scan that indicates that the specific manner in which things "die" is determined by him? For all we know, the way things like doors or chemicals "die" is by turning brittle and easy to open or by being deconstructed, respectively. Sure, they don't die naturally by virtue of being what they are, but we also don't know that Yogiri thinks about how he wants these things to die before they die in that way.

It’s over Slimebros, she’s onto us.
Having the profiles split into WN and LN versions gives you an extra layer of protection, I will admit.

Based bruh. Agree.

I also going to take down Yogiri's 1-A rating once my Staff Thread applied, cause it is cancer.

Death Manipulation

Obvious wank.
Yeah no.

Technology Manipulation

This is just him killing people who look at him, with those effects carrying across anyone who sees a recording of him activating his power. Don’t let the several pages of text fool you, because it really comes down to this:

“The camera captured the moment his power activated. His mind was likely fairly hazy, so he was probably just targeting anyone looking at him.”

So this is just another instance of how he applies his ability, rather than him being able to directly alter technology itself. Things like this should go under his NA&T instead.
So just interacting with technology?

First, the easy one. This scan shows Yogiri killing a pocket dimension with different rules. Doesn’t take a genius to figure out that destroying a reality with altered laws doesn’t mean you have law manipulation.

As for EE, it’s either incorrectly lumped in with these abilities, or has no scans at all. Either justify it with something else, or it goes.
SR should just go away, while law manip is still up in the possibility.

Dunno, never read the novel myself.

Limited Invulnerability

“While wearing this outfit, projectiles moved unnaturally to avoid Yogiri, fireball magic dissipated on itself and an attack from a greatsword bounced off Yogiri's coat, leaving him completely unharmed. Though attacks that exceed its durability seemingly could still harm Yogiri

This is cringe, and should just go away.
Curse Manipulation

Yogiri is able to use his death manipulation on a delay. That isn’t really a curse so much as it is him holding back, as he himself puts it. This is less of a power and more of a separate use of an existing power.
nah, this not a curse bruh.

He killed someone who has an ability that lets them dodge anything. That’s it. Considering his ability is “just kill shit without attacking them”, this doesn’t seem to require a “resistance” of any kind.
Maybe negation for this?

Perception Manipulation

He isn’t directly killing a target’s senses; Rather, he kills the organs responsible for those senses. While it’s supernatural in nature, it isn’t much different from giving someone perception manipulation for shooting someone’s eye with a gun.
Should this changed to biological manip?

This is… an odd case. Basically, when Yogiri uses his powers, he’s able to make it so that a person is unable to be communicated with telepathically or mind controlled. The issue is, the context is that he killed the target’s ‘ears’, so this isn’t really negating the mindhax in question as much as it is deleting the target of those hax. Like how erasing someone’s soul isn’t soulhax negation.
Agree, it's like destroying a computer is technology manip negation.

Power Nullification

Limited makes sense.

Causality Manipulation

This comes from this set of scans. The general gist is “nobody knows the cause of death when Yogiri uses his powers, so obviously there is no cause and Yogiri can ignore causality”. I don’t need to explain this. This is like saying sudden infant death syndrome is causality hax.
Agree, that is obvious.
Derailment
Nah

Mm, I see, I see. You think you are Yuri of Light Novels now. The whole first paragraph of this Op makes me realize why you are hated among some groups of people despite my attempts at playing Devil's advocate. Just like this paragraph of mine is not an actual argument, l yours was not one at either and only serves the purpose of monologuing as if this was your story. Please refrain from adding such fluff in further OPs as we do not care about you or your tales with Anos Voldigoad nor need to know you are doing it out of personal distain for Light Novels. With that said, I will try my best to steer away from the opening paragraphs and so if you reply to it in any manner I will simply ignore it.

I'll get scans for everything. I'll just send them in a different comment as if I go and look for everything that I know is there it will severely elongate my time spent on this singular post and diminish the overall productivity of this thread.
Curse Manipulation

- This is just due to the inability for proper categorization of the ability and the desire to note it. At the end of the day the result Is the same and should just be re-located on the profile. I'm fine with the removal if such is desired given that "curse" has to be said.
Technology Manipulation

Same with this but I would not put it under NA&T as it is not a separate technique or ability., this is up to profile formatting preference though.

Perception Manipulation

You will probably argue for the categorical exclusion of this power afterwards, however, the logic behind these as they stand is wrong. He kills the senses altogether given that he kills their functions abstractly (not speaking in hax terms), implying that he just kills the organs is something only someone totally unfamiliar with the source material would do. Lain tries chopping off the body parts that are killed to regrow them in perfect condition and succeeds at doing so, but the organs do not serve their function anymore. Then she tries using telepathy to bypass this issue as it does not go to the ears but given that the ears serve the purpose of communication and Yogiri killed them she is unable to target them. It all comes back to the same idea of Yogiri killing a door, what purpose does the door serve in his eyes? "To block his path" if he kills it then it can't block his path anymore, the same happened on this but with "ears" and "communication".

I can gather the scans and expand upon his explanation on the profile if you also want that.
Power Nullification

Semantics, if you wanna call it limited then sure. He can kill powers that have already been fired which totally counts "projectiles" does not really shut off its usage in many powers out there outside of powers that do not travel. Also, later on we get clarification that he can kill the powers of the people in the sense that you are thinking of (them being depowered). He just lacks the precision to only kill the powers without killing the person so there is no point, he points this out when he depowered someone who had been granted powers by an outside source and thus did not have to worry about harming them if he killed the powers as it would kill the sources of her powers.
Causality Manipulation

I'll look at this a bit later, I was not involved on this addition but if the stuff I remember from the WN still is in the LN I recall something that might fall under it. I gotta check though.

Physics manipulation did not exist when it was added as far as I remember. Also, I notice the there is a difference on categorization believes here. There are some cases where the interaction of an ability with certain aspects such as X ability interacting wit the laws of the world granting law manipulation. It does not matter in all honesty if you wanna format the profile like you or under the current formatting as the effects the ability has stay the same. I honesty prefer not making profiles like DontTalk or if he bunch everything under a long assssss death manipulation.

Subjective Reality was explained by himself when Tomochika asked him about how he is able to kill things such as doors. The door serves x purpose and if it dies it should be unable to complete its purpose, same reason as to why the organs he kills affect other things unrelated to the physical organs but to their usage. Again, maybe you can make a case for indexing semantics but you are just wrong on your current reasoning.
Limited Invulnerability

Same as with causality manipulation.

Yeah, it's undodgable by nature. Reminds me of another case where people were trying to add resistances for power-null feats. I agree.
Resistance to Sealing

Destroying an object that’s been sealed doesn’t really give you any resistance to being sealed yourself. Just lump this in with his power null.
Same with this.

Yogiri is one of a few people who was not installed with the Battle Song system. However, it’s just an inherent flaw of the program that it sometimes doesn’t have compatibility with a user, so it’s not a resistance on Yogiri’s end.
And with this (though I am sure he killed the system when it tried to install.

Mm, I see, I see. You think you are Yuri of Light Novels now. The whole first paragraph of this Op makes me realize why you are hated among some groups of people despite my attempts at playing Devil's advocate. Just like this paragraph of mine is not an actual argument, l yours was not one at either and only serves the purpose of monologuing as if this was your story. Please refrain from adding such fluff in further OPs as we do not care about you or your tales with Anos Voldigoad nor need to know you are doing it out of personal distain for Light Novels. With that said, I will try my best to steer away from the opening paragraphs and so if you reply to it in any manner I will simply ignore it.
don't cope now

Curse Manipulation

Technology Manipulation

Setting aside Technology Manipulation.

Why it's not curse manipulation? Yogiri can pretty much put a delayed activation of his power that effectively act as some-kind of a curse that activate after a passing of time. It stopped someone bodily function that leads to definite death of the target.
image.png

Our page standard even say Death Manipulation is part of possible use for curse manipulation.

Not only that, Shiraishi did say in the scan "Cursed Video" when referring to the recording of Yogiri that can passively kill anyone that watches him. In volume 1, his power is stated to be a curse too.
In volume 2, his true nature is stated to be like a curse as well.
In volume 6, his power is stated to be a death manip curse on top of having a power to detect killing intent.

Author deliberately refer to Yogiri power as a curse via multiple character statement and narration.

Perception Manipulation

Perception Manipulation came from Yogiri capable of permanently negating the target sense. Eyes stayed blind, Ears stayed deaf, and nose stayed unable to smell. Even if one were to perfectly regenerate those parts, such as severing them then regenerate them via healing or regeneration, they stayed death in the conceptual sense.

For negation, Yogiri pretty much robbed the person of the capability to connect with Lain Telepathy and Mind Manipulation as one of her herald.

Limited Invulnerability

image.png

I'm pretty much under the impression limited invunerability is fine, the scan does indeed show an attack get bounced off from Yogiri coat leaving him completely unscatched and doesn't get any injury or crush his bones from the greatsword swing. Yogiri after all a glass canon that can get easily injured under all that Instant Death power.

That seems to be a reach to me. Is there any scan that indicates that the specific manner in which things "die" is determined by him? For all we know, the way things like doors or chemicals "die" is by turning brittle and easy to open or by being deconstructed, respectively. Sure, they don't die naturally by virtue of being what they are, but we also don't know that Yogiri thinks about how he wants these things to die before they die in that way.
Yogiri can assume something exist making so he can kill it.

Narration also state Yogiri believe that Death Irreversible, that anyone that are killed by him are "truly death" despite witnessing someone coming back to live or someone resurrecting the death. To Yogiri his power is irreversible, and to the victim of his power death are absolute. Fyi, this is in First Gate.

Our Subjective Reality page says this:
  • Existence Erasure/Nonexistent Physiology: By turning entities into dreams or illusions, the user is capable of granting Nonexistent Physiology or even completely erase them from reality. In that fashion, is capable to turn fantasy, imaginary and nonexistent beings real.
  • Negation: By making a recent event unreal, the user is capable to undo and erase any consequence produced by it. The user could be capable to negate attacks, injuries and even death.
Also for Existence Erasure.
He can erase soul.

Setting aside Technology Manipulation.

Why it's not curse manipulation? Yogiri can pretty much put a delayed activation of his power that effectively act as some-kind of a curse that activate after a passing of time. It stopped someone bodily function that leads to definite death of the target.
image.png

Our page standard even say Death Manipulation is part of possible use for curse manipulation.

Not only that, Shiraishi did say in the scan "Cursed Video" when referring to the recording of Yogiri that can passively kill anyone that watches him. In volume 1, his power is stated to be a curse too.
In volume 2, his true nature is stated to be like a curse as well.
In volume 6, his power is stated to be a death manip curse on top of having a power to detect killing intent.

Author deliberately refer to Yogiri power as a curse via multiple character statement and narration.
The fact that the curse manipulation page specifies instantaneous death when Yogiri has it via delayed death is kinda funny. But the other scans are very explicit, so it'd be pretty easy to just add those in once I find the chapter numbers.

Perception Manipulation came from Yogiri capable of permanently negating the target sense. Eyes stayed blind, Ears stayed deaf, and nose stayed unable to smell. Even if one were to perfectly regenerate those parts, such as severing them then regenerate them via healing or regeneration, they stayed death in the conceptual sense.

For negation, Yogiri pretty much robbed the person of the capability to connect with Lain Telepathy and Mind Manipulation as one of her herald.
That's definitely healing negation, but merely removing the function of an organ, even if permanently, doesn't really go beyond the action of killing that organ. Saying the very concept of their senses was killed requires evidence that is far beyond what's been shown on the profile.

As I explained previously, Yogiri merely killed what allowed for such communication to begin with. We don't give a character with spiritual and mental EE soul/mind hax negation by default, so Yogiri shouldn't be an exception.

image.png

I'm pretty much under the impression limited invunerability is fine, the scan does indeed show an attack get bounced off from Yogiri coat leaving him completely unscatched and doesn't get any injury or crush his bones from the greatsword swing. Yogiri after all a glass canon that can get easily injured under all that Instant Death power.
Okay, so it's a sort of armor that prevents damage. That isn't invulnerability, that's just how armor works. Anything that surpasses the durability of the coat would still be able to harm him; Invulnerability is the inability to be harmed regardless of how much force is applied, which is not implied at all here.

The first scan is definitely interesting, but it seems more like "kill whatever is holding Mokomoko", and not literally manifesting his thoughts into reality (though at its most generous, it'd be death manipulation that works on nonexistent beings). The second scan is just, Yogiri being able to kill things permanently. I don't see how it's related to SR in the slightest.

Our Subjective Reality page says this:
Not sure how this is related.

Also for Existence Erasure.
He can erase soul.
Yogiri not being sure about how his power would interact with souls feels off to me, so this would be more fitting as a 'possibly'.

Scans regarding organs and senses.

“The group soon reached one of the castle’s smaller rooms. The beastkin in question had been restrained and was lying on a simple bed, the lone survivor of the previous night’s incident. He had no particular external injuries, but with his eyes, ears, and nose completely nonfunctional, there was no way to interrogate him. Approaching the dog man, Lain stared at him intently.

“Hmm. At first glance, nothing appears out of the ordinary.” Pulling back the beastkin’s eyelids, she saw no signs of damage. But even the light from the nearby window shining directly into his eyes sparked no reaction.

“We attempted treatment in order to proceed with our interrogation, but our efforts have proven fruitless.”

“Your report said that even healing magic failed?”

“That is correct.”
“Tearing the optical nerve off, Lain held the eyeball up to her face. She inspected it thoroughly but it looked like a perfectly normal eye.

“Nothing out of the ordinary. Masahiko, would you mind if I swapped one of your eyes with this one?”

“Wha —?! You can’t be serious!” The lord’s face instantly paled, but it wasn’t long before he realized she was, in fact, only joking. Her words hadn’t been an order. But that didn’t mean he could relax, either. There was no telling when Lain might change her mind.

“Well, who cares about the eyeball itself. This is the real test. Heal.” Discarding the useless organ in her hands, Lain turned her healing magic on the beastkin. As she did, the now empty socket began to change, and within moments, a new eye had appeared.

The powerful abilities of the Sage could recreate a missing body part in an instant — but there was still no indication that the newly grown eye could see at all.

“Hmm. Seems like he still can’t see. The organ itself was perfectly reconstructed, but the function hasn’t been restored. So...how about this?”
“Kneel,” Lain ordered the creature now lying at her feet. At her words, he began to thrash around, but that was all. He seemed to recognize that he had been given a command, but in spite of his desperate efforts to comply, he had no idea what he had actually been ordered to do.

“Apparently even being in the same bloodline doesn’t help,” Jorge muttered. “Interesting that not even telepathy works.”
- Volume 1, Chapter 17

Telepathy does not target the organ, the reason it does not work is simply because it serves the same purpose of communication. If it did work based on organs that would have been the most pointless research into what happened lol, they do it in the same chapter that they see the organs are a lost cause even if regrown to full health and try an alternative that still fails.

See here for how Yogiri says that his power works based on what the purpose the thing is supposed to serve. The door has no physical damage and simply opens unlike what you implied of destroying it like the ice since it is subjectively decided by Yogiri and its function ceases not just bam deconstruction.

“How did you get in here?” the man asked, as if he couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

Yogiri decided to answer the stupid question as directly as possible. “Didn’t you see me just open the door?”

“Ah, is that what happened? I guess I was an idiot. I forgot to take into account how strong the tower itself is. So, basically, you guys totally ignored the door I made and just broke in through one of the walls.” The man had apparently come up with his own explanation already.

Now that he mentioned it, though, Yogiri realized where everyone’s confusion was coming from. The door leading to the room was visibly different from the others they had passed by earlier. Of course, he hadn’t cared, since it had opened just like any other door in the tower once he applied his power. A door’s function was to limit the ways in and out of a room, so it made sense that if you killed it, that function would cease.
-Volume 2, Chapter 16

And here is Yogiri being unable to act against something because he can't really wrap his head around what he would be killing and thus the subjective aspect of his power does not work.
“Oh, well why don’t you just kill it? You know, kill the barrier or whatever,” she suggested.

Yogiri stopped for a moment, considering whether or not such a thing was actually feasible. “Hm, that’s kind of challenging. What would I actually be killing?”

“Uhh...I don’t know, the infinite space?”

“I have no idea what that means.”

“Oh, right, but killing ice and doors makes perfect sense!”
“I’m not sure what killing space itself would do, so unless we’re desperate, I feel like it’s probably not a good idea.” In the worst-case scenario, it could destroy the entire world, so that was something he preferred to avoid.

“What about the way that you saved Mokomoko? You stopped the tower from absorbing the spirits, right? Can’t you break it like that?”
- Volume 2, Chapter 18

Also, regarding soul killing. It may have been worded a bit weird but even since volume two we have Yogiri killing someone and their soul along with it. Idk why he said it like that when he totally erased Teresa's soul. Probably dialogue shenanigans of him always talking like that.

“Lady Teresa was also among the dead.”

“Why does it matter who died?”

“I understand your sentiment, but the numbers don’t add up. Among the collected spirits, there are none that could be connected to her.”

The Swordmaster paused for a moment. “I see. If she did truly die, it’s possible that she turned into a ghost before the tower could absorb her.”
- Volume 2, Chapter 16

Regarding power null and Yogiri being capable of depowering the person by killing their abilities but incapable of being precise enough to kill only the abilities so there is no point in doing it anyways. If the character is blessed by an outside source though he can easily depower them without killing them and in vs scenarios he can still kill the abilities if characters can survive his ID theoretically (case by case but clearly worth noting.

“Ohhh? You aren’t going to kill her? I would have thought a man as merciless as you would have finished her in an instant.” Unsurprisingly, Hanakawa was trying to stir things up while Mei stood there, trembling with fear.

“It’s not like I want to go around killing people. I only do it when leaving them alive means they’ll kill me.”

“So, why not just kill their abilities? Everyone would be happier that way.”

“It was pretty easy to do this time, so I gave it a shot. Normally, powers like that are indistinguishable from their users, so being precise enough to kill only their abilities isn’t that straightforward.”

“Well, be that as it may, she is now powerless, is she not? Would you mind if I took her?”

Mei recoiled at Hanakawa’s disgusting smile. It wasn’t hard to imagine what he might do if he was able to take her away. For a powerless, weak girl like she was now, she wouldn’t even be able to fight back. She had to run. That was her instinctive response. Yogiri was terrifying, and she’d had more than enough of Hanakawa’s perverse leering.”
-Volume 4, Chapter 16

The fact that the curse manipulation page specifies instantaneous death when Yogiri has it via delayed death is kinda funny. But the other scans are very explicit, so it'd be pretty easy to just add those in once I find the chapter numbers.
V1: Side story
V2: Chapter 22
V6: Side story

Okay, so it's a sort of armor that prevents damage. That isn't invulnerability, that's just how armor works. Anything that surpasses the durability of the coat would still be able to harm him; Invulnerability is the inability to be harmed regardless of how much force is applied, which is not implied at all here.
I see. I don't mind removing Invunerability if everyone thought it's farfetched.

I would say that it is more like attack reflection tbh, it just bounces off attacks from it.
Saying an attack bounced off of something is usually just prose meant to say it had no effect. I wouldn't consider it anything at all. I'll get around to reading your scans shortly btw.

Saying an attack bounced off of something is usually just prose meant to say it had no effect. I wouldn't consider it anything at all. I'll get around to reading your scans shortly btw.
I honestly have not caught up with the LN so I cannot say on that. I was just going off by the scan at plain value. I am fine with it being removed and replaced by durability enhancing.

Alrightie.

Also, I realize that (for the soul scan) you might mention that the girl might have actually turned into a ghost like the scan implies but one member of the group can plainly see spirits and the other is a spirit itself and she just plop to the ground without any ghost or whatever. Idk if you want scans for that or for what exactly regarding what I said. Anyways, just read it first.

Last edited:
If the coat itself doesn't have any specific hax, it could definitely serve as a second durability on his profile. It could just use its best durability feat or scaling, and be listed as a separate durability from his own body if the series makes a clear distinction between the two.

Just my 2 cents being thrown in, really.

Scans regarding organs and senses.

- Volume 1, Chapter 17

Telepathy does not target the organ, the reason it does not work is simply because it serves the same purpose of communication. If it did work based on organs that would have been the most pointless research into what happened lol, they do it in the same chapter that they see the organs are a lost cause even if regrown to full health and try an alternative that still fails.
These are the same scans I've already seen in regards to perception manipulation, so my stance isn't changing here.

See here for how Yogiri says that his power works based on what the purpose the thing is supposed to serve. The door has no physical damage and simply opens unlike what you implied of destroying it like the ice since it is subjectively decided by Yogiri and its function ceases not just bam deconstruction.

-Volume 2, Chapter 16
Not really? It isn't "Yogiri thinks that killing a door would open it, so that's what actually happens because he makes his thoughts into reality". The narrative just says that logically, that's what would happen.

And here is Yogiri being unable to act against something because he can't really wrap his head around what he would be killing and thus the subjective aspect of his power does not work.

- Volume 2, Chapter 18
This just... doesn't meant anything. Him not being able to kill something when he doesn't have a target in mind would be a weakness regardless of whether or not he had SR. The second scan seems more like him being unwilling to kill something because he doesn't know what the consequences would be.

Regarding power null and Yogiri being capable of depowering the person by killing their abilities but incapable of being precise enough to kill only the abilities so there is no point in doing it anyways. If the character is blessed by an outside source though he can easily depower them without killing them and in vs scenarios he can still kill the abilities if characters can survive his ID theoretically (case by case but clearly worth noting.

-Volume 4, Chapter 16
Wait, so this is a case of Yogiri killing someone's power source and thereby depowering them? That isn't power null at all, just a weakness of that character.

Wait, so this is a case of Yogiri killing someone's power source and thereby depowering them? That isn't power null at all, just a weakness of that character.
Ah yeah, ignore the fact that he said he can target the abilities of the opponent but usually that leads to the opponent dying too because he can't narrow the precision to not kill the opponent and thus pointless. It's still killing the abilities.

These are the same scans I've already seen in regards to perception manipulation, so my stance isn't changing here.
Yeah, which you baselessly claimed targeted the organs to dismiss The target of the hax as you claimed here:

The target was the mind as telepathy does not work through the ears and is the same idea behind senses manipulation as he takes away the whole sense and not only the organ as proven by the fact that organs are regenerated in perfect condition non-functionally and totally alternative ways don't work (yeah the time he killed the eyes is directly related to the feat of the ears, it happened to the same person)
Not really? It isn't "Yogiri thinks that killing a door would open it, so that's what actually happens because he makes his thoughts into reality". The narrative just says that logically, that's what would happen.
The narrative is explaining Yogi's train of thought... it isn't between think marks but is literally explaining what crossed his mind which is an equally valid form of conveying thoughts in a story. It's in the same idea, when there is a jump it is separated by a

space like this.

Ah yeah, ignore the fact that he said he can target the abilities of the opponent but usually that leads to the opponent dying too because he can't narrow the precision to not kill the opponent and thus pointless. It's still killing the abilities.
The context you provided says he isn't killing those abilities directly, but rather, the person who grants those abilities.

Yeah, which you baselessly claimed targeted the organs to dismiss The target of the hax as you claimed here:

The target was the mind as telepathy does not work through the ears and is the same idea behind senses manipulation as he takes away the whole sense and not only the organ as proven by the fact that organs are regenerated in perfect condition non-functionally and totally alternative ways don't work (yeah the time he killed the eyes is directly related to the feat of the ears, it happened to the same person)
The latter part is, again, healing negation. You don't need to directly manipulate someone's senses in order to do that. Also, I just said that Yogiri killed the intended target of the telepathy in question. Whether that be the ears or mind doesn't matter, it's still not negating the telepathy itself. In fact, since the target can still receive telepathic commands, but can't parse or respond to it, that makes "negation" even more questionable here.

The narrative is explaining Yogi's train of thought... it isn't between think marks but is literally explaining what crossed his mind which is an equally valid form of conveying thoughts in a story. It's in the same idea, when there is a jump it is separated by a

space like this.
Okay, doesn't change the fact that nothing indicates that his thoughts were what dictated reality in that situation.

The context you provided says he isn't killing those abilities directly, but rather, the person who grants those abilities.
... he literally says he can kill the abilities. Just explaining why he usually does not. There are characters on the wiki that could survive the ID but not their abilities so I see no reason to not note it.
“It was pretty easy to do this time, so I gave it a shot. Normally, powers like that are indistinguishable from their users, so being precise enough to kill only their abilities isn’t that straightforward.”
The latter part is, again, healing negation.
Healing works just fine and is blatantly shown, healing negation implies something like Gae Bolg's curse which disable's one's ability to heal from the injuries which is not the case. You are just trying to stretch an ability's definition to make it fit something that it is not.
You don't need to directly manipulate someone's senses in order to do that. Also, I just said that Yogiri killed the intended target of the telepathy in question. Whether that be the ears or mind doesn't matter, it's still not negating the telepathy itself.
Also, the telepathy negation can go. I am just talking about sense manipulation here. The conversation becomes a bit entangled by it being from the same feat and you denying it in a weird way.

Okay, doesn't change the fact that nothing indicates that his thoughts were what dictated reality in that situation.
I realized that we are arguing over indexing semantics again which is epic as you might imagine. It might be mis-indexed rather than it being an argument of if the ability exists or not since his ability does not work on the basis you define but it does involve subjectivity which might have lead to its mis-indexing.

It's a busy week for me, so this whole thread while take a while.

In any case, I presume we can cross down Curse Manipulation and Existence Erasure since it's proven they are accurate, no?
Invunerabilty can go, my mistake on that.

Curse Manipulation

Agreed, this quite clearly is not curse manip.

Technology Manipulation

Agreed, from the text, it seems that there's some cosmic awareness of who has seen him, and this occurs even if the person seeing him does so through digital means. This isn't technology manip.

Perception Manipulation

Agreed. Your analogy was exactly what I was going to say, it'd be like giving perception manip for stabbing someone in the eye or something.

Yeah, it's is a bit weird but I agree. He's not directly countering telepathy, he's just destroyed the function responsible for receiving that information in any form.

I'd say this isn't power null at all. Destroying a bullet in mid air isn't anything.

Causality Manipulation

Yep, obvious agree.

Agreed for Law Manip.

Agreed.

Limited Invulnerability

Lol this is just armor. Agreed.

Agreed. I wouldn't even consider that ability probability manip.

Resistance to Sealing

Agreed.

Agreed.

Alright, full agree from me. Almost all of these are fairly self-explanatory/self-evident.

Btw, you were joking about removing Death Manip though, right?

Agreed, this quite clearly is not curse manip.
What do you think about these three scans then? I think they're fine for curse manip staying, even if the current justification goes.

I'd say this isn't power null at all. Destroying a bullet in mid air isn't anything.
I would disagree with that, since I do typically consider destroying magic projectiles (especially if it's done through unconventional means like "killing" it) a limited form of power null.

Agreed for Law Manip.
It's implied that he could "probably" erase souls, so does this change your stance on EE?

Btw, you were joking about removing Death Manip though, right?
yeah

Technology Manipulation

His Technology Manipulation is well backed up, because he was not hazy in anyway or form. He was actively aware of his surroundings, as he was looking for his foster mother. Asserting that he was probably hazy-minded is a not-so-good way to debunk this.

Also, he wasn't just killing anyone who was looking at him through the monitor. If that were the case, everyone present at the control room would have died. His power specifically targeted ANYONE AT THE CONTROL ROOM WHO ATTEMPTED TO HINDER HIS SEARCH FOR ASAKA, by manifesting itself through the monitor. This was outright stated.

So I'm disagreeing with the removal of his Technology Manipulation.

Perception Manipulation

I agree with the removal of Perception Manipulation, I believe it should be changed to Sense Manipulation instead. However, I don't think Yogiri is just killing a particular sense organ whenever he kills well.. sense organs. If that were the case then simply removing any organ he kills and regrowing it would be enough to get one's senses back.

But as we've seen, this is not the case, even with newly grown sense organs, his victims do not regain their senses. This is made clear in the whole Sage Lain arc: She removed the eye of a beastkin whose eyes were killed by Yogiri, she healed the said beastkin's eye, growing him a new one and yet he couldn't still see.

Basically, Yogiri kills the very function of a particular organ whenever he does that and not just kills the organs. Sense Manipulation should cover that.

Also, he wasn't just killing anyone who was looking at him through the monitor. If that were the case, everyone present at the control room would have died. His power specifically targeted ANYONE AT THE CONTROL ROOM WHO ATTEMPTED TO HINDER HIS SEARCH FOR ASAKA, by manifesting itself through the monitor. This was outright stated.
Yeah but it just appears that he can target anyone who sees him, even if through technology, so his power isn't manipulating technology. It's just that seeing him in any capacity allows him to target you with death.

As for SR, saying that what lives and what dies is up to his perception is just saying that he can kill things with a thought, or just decide who lives and who dies. It isn’t turning imagination into reality or whatever.
Actually, his perception of the world is the reason his victims stay dead whenever he kills them. So you could say his perception affects reality.

I agree, the EE justification is quite lacking. Killing Yama who had no concept of death and causing her very being to disperse is a better justification, don't know why this wasn't used.

Back