• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Instant Death "Lives" Up to its Name (By Dying Instantly) [Part 1]

It literally falls under possible uses. I don't see why we need explicit feats for this. It should not be like jujutsu kaisen. Someone adding a curse (in this instance “delay to death”) is actually curse manipulation.
In my opinion that'd be like giving Light Yagami curse manip because he can write a delay into the death note. It just seems like a step too far for what his power actually is.

I don't get the issue. The ability is still there, it happened, it functioned as curse manipulation (even listed as possible uses) and the fact that in narrative being described so.

Actually, adding someone delay to death is some kind of curse.

While I don't have any objections, I would appreciate knowing the alternative, as categorizing it under death manipulation is factually incorrect, especially considering that death manipulation typically involves instantaneous effects.

In my opinion that'd be like giving Light Yagami curse manip because he can write a delay into the death note. It just seems like a step too far for what his power actually is.
I mean that's literally a curse
you're written to die. Cursed to die the moment it was written
just that you follow extra steps or your death can be determined in other ways.
I personally don't see an issue with that

It can't be fate manipulation either, because it acts as “adding an effect" to person. Like, if you had something in mind, please show an alternative, but we can't simply ignore it. We are here to index, not to reject the abilities.

Typically involves doesn't mean always involves. The word typically pretty much definitionally includes exceptions.

But the point is, it is instantaneous ability. Hell, even Glass who re-created the whole standards can vouch to this. It leaves exceptions if it has different functionality, like it is instantaneous but scheduled.
is the ability to directly induce death in beings, objects or even concepts via supernatural means.
It is important to note that just causing death via other abilities or indirect means (such as soul destruction, physical damage, deconstruction etc.) in itself does not qualify for Death Manipulation unless it is specified or portrayed to be a direct inducement of death in its targets with these being aftereffects of that.
Hell, it should even be directly induced as well. This goes against the standards in many levels.

While curse manipulation pretty much clarified that this type of effects that are not instantaneous (under possible uses) is definition: curse.

In any case, his power is narratively stated to be a curse.

In volume 1, his power is stated to be a curse.
In volume 2, his true nature is stated to be like a curse as well.
In volume 6, his power is stated to be a death manip curse on top of having a power to detect killing intent.

Author deliberately refer to Yogiri power as a curse via multiple character statement and narration.
Even let's say the delayed death is not a curse manipulation, then these three explicit statement should sufice.

EDIT: EE is, imo, fine to stay as a 'limited' rating as Yogiri can erase ghosts due to how they interact with his ability.
This is cursed as heck.
Just word it that Yogiri can erase soul or ghost, don't put it as "limited."

Last edited:
Back