• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Insomniac Spidey stat change

Golden_Void

VS Battles
Retired
Making my Insomniac rounds after months.

At least Hypersonic (Can web swing between multiple gunfire. Dodged gunfire from Sable and from an helicopter. Is able to dodge multiple shots and rockets during the game)

He is not Hypersonic in movement speed. The whole series is spent chasing after cars and being gapped in speed by helicopters. SM2 drives the point home further when Miles and Peter have to use their swinging and web wings to chase speedboats and low-flying aircraft. The examples above are just examples of his opponents having terrible aim. That Sable clip isn't even a feat, good lord.

likely Massively Hypersonic+ reactions with Spider-Sense (Able to react to and dodge Electro's lightning),

Peter literally gets struck by natural lightning twice in his Sandman fight, reactions completely bypassed. So not only is Electro's electricity 100x weaker than natural lightning, but it doesn't seem to be as fast either.

all of these would need proper calcs, I can try to help out on the weekend
I was thinking about using this but this site had some issues with it. Either way, Peter also had the velocity suit which could keep up with a speedster who could run so fast her clothes started burning, which the internet says begins at Mach 5. He does not possibly hit those speeds normally.

this could maybe work

This feat is in the OP. This is just dodging/acrobatics. I don't see what's hypersonic about this when all of those bullets are making it to the back of the room before his feet touch the ground.

This feat is in the OP. This is just dodging/acrobatics. I don't see what's hypersonic about this when all of those bullets are making it to the back of the room before his feet touch the ground.
ah I missed that then but otherwise we can't use the electro ones since those are aim dodging from the two gameplay clips

ah I missed that then but otherwise we can't use the electro ones since those are aim dodging from the two gameplay clips
Idk what his next best feats are. I know Venom is certainly a bullet/rocket timer since his shield lets you block incoming projectiles. If we use the comics as canon (which I don't see why we don't since the Spider-Verse is directly introduced in-game), then they can scale to the comics Spider-Men from Spidergeddon.

His running speed is below that of a subway train, which maxes at 55mph. Which is hardly ever achieved in reality.
A calc here puts his swinging speed at around 60mph.
He can keep his legs about him when being dragged by Vulture, who flies at 95mph.

Last edited:
If we use the comics as canon (which I don't see why we don't since the Spider-Verse is directly introduced in-game), then they can scale to the comics Spider-Men from Spidergeddon.
Our rules against crossover scaling is why we don't do that other every Spider-Man on the wiki would be like the exact same stats.

Idk what his next best feats are. I know Venom is certainly a bullet/rocket timer since his shield lets you block incoming projectiles
Yeah but it really only takes being subsonic~subsonic+ to be a bullet timer
A calc here puts his swinging speed at around 60mph.
Could be better considering Spider-Man 2's much much faster swing speed

We'll probs just have to rely on gameplay dodging

Venom can fly around the city, I’m not sure how fast that would be exactly but Miles can keep up with and fight him as he’s flying in their boss fight

Our rules against crossover scaling is why we don't do that other every Spider-Man on the wiki would be like the exact same stats.
This will not age well 🗿
Yeah but it really only takes being subsonic~subsonic+ to be a bullet timer

Could be better considering Spider-Man 2's much much faster swing speed

We'll probs just have to rely on gameplay dodging
That's my point, Electro's electricity isn't comparable to lightning so once we get rid of that, finding the next best feat will be tough

Last edited:
We shall see🫡

Yeah I get ya but whatever we get in the end would be more accurate than what we have currently

This scene which I thought was a feat many years ago is also not a feat. What we're seeing are the shells being ejected, not bullets.

Truly might be a subsonic verse until we get a consensus on electricity or someone calcs Venom's reactions.

This scene which I thought was a feat many years ago is also not a feat. What we're seeing are the shells being ejected, not bullets.

Truly might be a subsonic verse until we get a consensus on electricity or someone calcs Venom's reactions.

Took a look at this there's one bit that could get around subsonic+~transonic tops me thinks

I'll calc it when off work

At least Hypersonic (Can web swing between multiple gunfire. Dodged gunfire from Sable and from an helicopter. Is able to dodge multiple shots and rockets during the game)
likely Massively Hypersonic+ reactions with Spider-Sense (Able to react to and dodge Electro's lightning),
His reaction speed with Spider-Sense is MHS+, not his standard reactions (hence why no one scales to it)

He has Hypersonic reactions with Massively Hypersonic+ Spider-Sense, not Hypersonic travel speed with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions, that is something very important to note

Peter literally gets struck by natural lightning twice in his Sandman fight, reactions completely bypassed. So not only is Electro's electricity 100x weaker than natural lightning, but it doesn't seem to be as fast either.
Refer to prior Spider-Sense for the Sandman fight. Electro scales nearly 2000x times higher than natural lightning and is explicitly called lightning (even the old High 8-C feat is still nearly 10x higher)

His reaction speed with Spider-Sense is MHS+, not his standard reactions (hence why no one scales to it)
The problem here is that Electro's "electricity" is not lightning. When confronted with actual cloud to ground lightning that needs to travel more distance than any of the blast in electro's battle Peter is blitzed completely with not even his spider sense being able to help out hence why MHS+ is being removed in the first place.

Its not really about the AP of it this is about its about Peter's showing with real lightning vs his showings with electro
explicitly called lightning
Do you have the scan for this?

Regardless though hypersonic anything normally is being downgraded to whatever my calc values get

The problem here is that Electro's "electricity" is not lightning. When confronted with actual cloud to ground lightning that needs to travel more distance than any of the blast in electro's battle Peter is blitzed completely with not even his spider sense being able to help out hence why MHS+ is being removed in the first place.
The problem is that Spidey isn't even paying attention to the lightning, much less using his Spider-Sense to dodge it. Also none of it really makes sense because, yeah Peter is getting tagged by the lightning once or twice, but then Miles is swinging through the storm and catching bolts of lightning to venom shock Sandman

Do you have the scan for this?
The same Character Profile linked to in the OP also states Electro "can discharge stored energy in the form of lightning blasts"

Also none of it really makes sense because, yeah Peter is getting tagged by the lightning once or twice, but then Miles is swinging through the storm and catching bolts of lightning to venom shock Sandman
Yeah Miles is just absorbing them but he's not actively swinging into them at MHS speeds trying to like grab them with his arms or something so he's not really catching them on the sense you're meaning, this is like saying a plane is MHS+ for being struck by lightning as it flies.
The same Character Profile linked to in the OP also states Electro "can discharge stored energy in the form of lightning blasts
This is fine probably the best thing here but not all of his blast would be lightning, text below

"A living electrical capacitor, capable of generating electrostatic energy of roughly 1,000 volts per minute. Able to store upwards of 1,000,000 volts, and can discharge stored energy in the form of lightning blasts. Capable of traveling at high speeds."

This would mean his output varies greatly, his upper limit is 1 million volts but that means it takes him 1000 minutes to buildup to his best stuff and even then his max voltage is anywhere from 10x to 300x less than your average lightnings voltage given the statement.

I'd say it'd need a varies rating even if its somehow applicable but regardless neither Peter or Miles actually can react to the real cloud to ground lightning not even their spidey sense could so I don't see how this would really work if its not only scaling to Electro at his peak stuff

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yeah Miles is just absorbing them but he's not actively swinging into them at MHS speeds trying to like grab them with his arms or something so he's not really catching them on the sense you're meaning, this is like saying a plane is MHS+ for being struck by lightning as it flies.
Miles doesn't catch bolt of lightning there. He just opens his arms and absorbs the bolts that strike him.
Yeah but Miles is opening his arms and preparing to absorb the lightning long before it actually hits him, and in certain scenes you can see Miles moving in tandem with the lightning as he web swings frame by frame

This would mean his output varies greatly, his upper limit is 1 million volts but that means it takes him 1000 minutes to buildup to his best stuff and even then his max voltage is anywhere from 10x to 300x less than your average lightnings voltage given the statement.
Yeah but the energy he's shooting out is tens to thousands of times more powerful as seen with aformentioned AP calcs

Subsonic combat speed and reactions it seems with Subsonic+ launch speed
Marvel Comics welcomes y'all to Subsonic hell.

You're right that crossover scaling doesn't let that happen, but this case is different since the Spider-verse is canon to both midias, right? At least it's canon in the comics.

You're right that crossover scaling doesn't let that happen, but this case is different since the Spider-verse is canon to both midias, right? At least it's canon in the comics.
Nah that wouldn't make it different
Yeah but the energy he's shooting out is tens to thousands of times more powerful as seen with aformentioned AP calcs
Again the AP isn't the problem here, the actual voltage of his blast and even his maximum are far below what lightning would normally be at and again the fact that they get blitzed and nearly statued by real lightning shows this doesn't work

Yeah but Miles is opening his arms and preparing to absorb the lightning long before it actually hits him, and in certain scenes you can see Miles moving in tandem with the lightning
Same deal as I said before
this is like saying a plane is MHS+ for being struck by lightning as it flies.
and even then Peter is statued as well so unless you believe Miles is tens of thousands of times faster here this doesn't work by any means
He has almost 0 movement here if not twitch movement tops compared to the lightning in all but the second batch and even that instance would be an outlier not only proven by some of the batches you already posted but also looking here, here, here, here, and here. They are very clearly not as fast as lightning here and 9 out of 10 with this sandman scene it is not presented as such and lets say the second image batch here you posted was what we used then it'd be an outlier regardless compared to the other many other showings of them being completely statued by the lightning.

Like even then looking at this as whole the scene intent isn't wow Spider-Man is moving as fast as lightning, no. Dude is hit twice and statued by it completely and almost every other shot shows it traveling large distances in a frame while they have either no movement entirely or just twitch movement.

Ya can put me as a firm disagree for anything MHS+ on the profiles

Last edited:
He has almost 0 movement here if not twitch movement tops compared to the lightning in all but the second batch and even that instance would be an outlier not only proven by some of the batches you already posted but also looking here, here, here, here, and here. They are very clearly not as fast as lightning here and 9/10s out of 10 with this sandman scene it is not presented as such and lets say the second image batch here you posted was what we used then it'd be an outlier regardless compared to the other many other showings of them being completely statued by the lightning.
Feat 1 was Peter being preoccupied with fighting Sandman when he was struck by lightning in a direction he wasn't paying attention to. For feat 2 through 4, those are all close ups of Miles, so obviously the lightning would look faster if you are given a smaller distance to cover. In feat 5, literally the moment before Peter is tagged by lightning (hitting overhead where he wasn't paying attention), he is moving in tandem with the lightning

So for the most part, Peter and Miles are keeping up with the lightning, it's only in close ups where lightning doesn't need to travel as much distance or scenarios where Peter just straight up getting surprised attacked that they "get blitzed / statued"
Ya can put me as a firm disagree for anything MHS+ on the profiles
Ok yeah, rounding back to the original topic, I agree with downgrading from MHS+ as none of the lightning feats shown or portrayed get that level of speed (mostly only in the Hundreds of Mach zone)

But I disagree with removing Electro's lightning as actual lightning

I wouldn't use this unless we're arguing he has MHS travel speeds, he's not exactly reacting to anything and he's going a long distance in a straight line.
So for the most part, Peter and Miles are keeping up with the lightning, it's only in close ups where lightning doesn't need to travel as much distance or scenarios where Peter just straight up getting surprised attacked that they "get blitzed / statued"
Ok yeah, rounding back to the original topic, I agree with downgrading from MHS+ as none of the lightning feats shown or portrayed get that level of speed (mostly only in the Hundreds of Mach zone)

But I disagree with removing Electro's lightning as actual lightning
For the most part here I'll just agree to disagree here and leave it to since AP aside the actual voltage of his lightning and visual wise his electricity feats aren't remotely comprable to the lightning ones that cross tens to hundreds of meters in a single frame or before Spiderman can even move a little if at all from most of these

What's the main point here? To change the hypersonic to your Subsonic calc?
yeah since its not based on any actual calcs and to get rid of MHS since they don't scale to lightning although Jason is arguing it should be fine

Back