• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Insomniac Spidey stat change

Bruh, a whole page went by 😭 I wasn't gone THAT long

Scrolling through some of the arguments and responding:

Spidey needing to pay attention to an attack directly opposes the function of Spider-Sense.
Anything AP-related is mostly irrelevant
Electro's bio states he stores that much, meaning he would have to release all of that electricity in a single blast to still be far less powerful than lightning. And we don't know anything about the amps to give us a better guess.

How are we going to rate his precog in the speed section?

higher with spider sense?

He'd be at Mach 0.86 normally so that's 1.16x away from baseline transonic, we could probably just do Subsonic+, Transonic with spider sense but then again it is precog so maybe not?

Spider-Sense in Insomniac works weirdly different from other stories, where it's both a warning for future attacks and increase in reaction speed. So it should be treated as "Higher via Spider-Sense" with the extrasensory perception being noted as well

Spider-Sense in Insomniac works weirdly different from other stories, where it's both a warning for future attacks and increase in reaction speed. So it should be treated as "Higher via Spider-Sense" with the extrasensory perception being noted as well
do you feel this works well enough?
Subsonic+, Transonic with spider sense

do you feel this works well enough?
It implies Spider-sense is a speed boost when it just gives him an earlier window to dodge an attack he might have had questionable reactions to. I think that's evident in the way the game shows the ability, where white is a perfect spider-sense that potentially makes the player react before an attack travels, and red where it's far too late for you to react without damage.

The difference between those is time, not speed. Meaning, take two parallel SM, one reacts at white and the other at red, the one at red would essentially expose his true reactions after a shot has already been fired. The white might have been a dodge as soon as the trigger was pulled.

Your calc here highlights my issue: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Dalesean027/Insomniac_Spider-Man_Dodges_gunfire
Peter jumps before a single shot is fired, and as a result, they all missed.

Also, this calculation doesn't take into account that Sandman threw Miles that far in the first place; it isn't a feat for Miles really. Miles redirected his kinetic energy back to him via the webs, which also means that due to air resistance and time decay, Sandman threw Miles far faster than what the feat calculates. However, this is an obvious feat for subsonic+ reactions at a minimum.

Your calc here highlights my issue: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Dalesean027/Insomniac_Spider-Man_Dodges_gunfire
Peter jumps before a single shot is fired, and as a result, they all missed.
However though in the frame by frame this specifc bit of motion is still moving in tandem with the travel of bullet through the air, he's not like having only twitch movement in comparison. Kinda the same deal for the helicopter feat, even tho he already starts his motion he makes adjustments mid air and still moves in tandem with the gunfire itself

However though in the frame by frame this specifc bit of motion is still moving in tandem with the travel of bullet through the air, he's not like having only twitch movement in comparison. Kinda the same deal for the helicopter feat, even tho he already starts his motion he makes adjustments mid air and still moves in tandem with the gunfire itself
Are you talking about the shell casings? Because I don't see any visible bullets. As for the helicopter, the first bullet already made it across the room before his second foot left the ground. Are you talking about him spinning in a hail of bullets and not getting swiss cheesed?

Are you talking about the shell casings? Because I don't see any visible bullets

As for the helicopter, the first bullet already made it across the room before his second foot left the ground.
yeah but the point is his motion is still very visible comparable to the bullets. It's literally all how a subsonic should look in comparison to supersonic~supersonic+ bullets

Gotcha.
yeah but the point is his motion is still very visible comparable to the bullets. It's literally all how a subsonic should look in comparison to supersonic~supersonic+ bullets
I get what you're saying. Why not compare the speed difference between the slow-mo and restored speed then find Peter's speed using the multiplier, similar to the first one?

Also, my main point was that Spidey-Sense isn't a speed boost; he just pre-dodges. Whether or not he moves with notable speed when compared to bullets wasn't my original argument. I'm not denying he can move that fast, except for the Miles one which uses Sandman's KE, not his own speed.

Also, my main point was that Spidey-Sense isn't a speed boost; he just pre-dodges. Whether or not he moves with notable speed when compared to bullets wasn't my original argument. I'm not denying he can move that fast, except for the Miles one which uses Sandman's KE, not his own speed.
Yeah that's fine I'm fine with it not getting a speed rating, understandable too we'll just use that for reactions

Back