• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Insomniac Spidey stat change

Aim dodging doesn't matter here because Peter is still moving in tandem with the weapons as they're fired. The projectiles are also slowed down by a massive margin
The fact that Peter can dodge a rocket after it's already been fired but can't dodge a bullet after it's fired says everything. Sandman throwing Miles across entire neighborhoods in Manhattan is a far faster feat than any rockets, etc., and it's calculated at subsonic+. That rocket took about 1 second or slightly over to cross a distance of about 50 feet. He also swings faster than the relative speed of that rocket, which is superhuman.

Bottom line, no, the rockets aren't supersonic, and just because the verse has more advanced technology than real life, doesn't mean we just start assuming stuff.
I don't know why you're using Shocker as an example, he doesn't fire soundwaves, just generic "air blasts" which could be any speed
Just like the launchers being used, so I guess this ends that discussion.

The fact that Peter can dodge a rocket after it's already been fired but can't dodge a bullet after it's fired says everything. Sandman throwing Miles across entire neighborhoods in Manhattan is a far faster feat than any rockets, etc., and it's calculated at subsonic+. That rocket took about 1 second or slightly over to cross a distance of about 50 feet. He also swings faster than the relative speed of that rocket, which is superhuman.
Hitscan vs projectile, game mechanics

Cinematic speed, you're playing as Spider-Man, I don't a real human can dodge an RPG at pointblank range
Just like the launchers being used, so I guess this ends that discussion.
So... you agree with me that setting the hard limit on the rocket launchers to ONLY being Subsonic+ is bad?

Not at all a hitscan; the fired rounds need to make contact to land rather than teleporting the damage the instant the gun fires. Considering Spidey doesn't even activate spider-sense while the launcher is locked onto him, plus there's a delay in its activation even after the missile is launched, it's just not that fast. Meanwhile, guns trigger the red spidey-sense before they're even fired, meaning the moment to dodge before the guy pulls the trigger is too late.

You also didn't address Miles launching across the city at faster speeds ever shown by the rocket, which is only subsonic+.
Cinematic speed, you're playing as Spider-Man, I don't a real human can dodge an RPG at pointblank range
He also doesn't have "slow-mo vision" when he's not perfect dodging or outside of a cutscene. This extension of logic would mean that since he can see rockets traveling like an athlete running at full speed with normal-speed vision, everything else in-verse would be moving far faster than they logically should be, which is not the case.
So... you agree with me that setting the hard limit on the rocket launchers to ONLY being Subsonic+ is bad?
I said they're generally subsonic. You're saying some can be supersonic, and some can scan humans as heat signatures. You're trying to apply a few cases to an entire fictional weapon system, which is flawed. Even if they did use supersonic models, they all need to accelerate up to that speed. They're not hitting anywhere near their max speed at 10 or 15 meters.

I think this convo should be put to rest tbh.

Last edited:
You also didn't address Miles launching across the city at faster speeds ever shown by the rocket, which is only subsonic+.
I did, cinematic speed. One's a cutscene the other is gameplay

I think this convo should be put to rest tbh.
Fine by me, Spider-Man has a Supersonic feat, Subsonic+ feat, and Subsonic feat

The anti feats involving rockets and gunshots are clear plot induced stupidity or come down to human error as the gameplay makes a clear mechanic out of dodging projectiles and enemies attacks. Cutscene's also make him outmaneuvering them a trivialty

Back