• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Insomniac Games Spider Man AP Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Currently he is "At least High 8-C" based on holding up a big building with webs and Rhino destroying city blocks over an unknown timeframe.

Thaaaaat's mighty suspicious. However, we do have A legitimate Tier 8 feat. Sadly, it seems to have been accepted for Fragmentation, meaning a downgrade from High 8-C to 8-C+.

To my knowledge, this is the best feat from Spiderman so far. So I believe they should be downgraded to Building level+ scaling to Electro. Consistent with another 9-A feat depicted here which was tanked incredibly casually by Scorpion and Spidey alike. There's also another feat that I'm sure would have 9-A results in which a vault door is launched through several pillars.

This looks fine, but his speed also needs to be changed, Electro's attacks are not real lightning, so they are not massively hypersonic, Spider-Man's speed should be like "SuperHuman (Can run on vertical walls) with Supersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Can easily dodge multiple bullets and missiles)".

@Mr. Bambu

I also think that this seems fine.

@Therefir

As long as Electro's attacks are as powerful as real lightning, and show some properties of electricity, we consider its speed identical as well. See here: Lightning Dodging Feats

I agree it probably isn't real lightning and I don't remember if it shows other properties of lightning.

Guys, I made a thread on this exact topic a while ago. Antvasima and Therefir have both commented on it even. Regardless, I agree.

So is it cool to downgrade then?

Also your thread died when only the 9-A calc existed. We're in 8-C now boyo times have changed.

9 days isn't dead, 8-C was brought up, and Spider-Man wasn't the only topic. Watch the condescending attitude.

We just gonna act like half of his powers aren't Game Mechanics or misinterpretation? I know the One Hit Kill one can't be taken seriously. I don't recall if the description for the slow mo time stuff said the word "time in them", but if it did, that's fine.

Remove the Building Sized Scorpion Stinger thing— that was a hallucination.

yeesh that wasn't condescending my guy, chill out boyo. Just a guy downgrading a verse to the proper stats.

what? Also OHK should be removed, but I'm not here for the abilities, just trying to fix AP.

Also, precognition... Shouldn't the spider sense be pseudo-precog? Isn't true precog actually knowing the future, rather than having extrasensory perception that allows them to react to things really well by seeing them coming far in advance or being able to predict things really well?

His spider sense is pretty well before the danger begins, precog is fine. Albeit only a few seconds, but still.

Being able to sense danger coming isn't precognition though, because that usually means knowing the future and knowing it with enough details as well. The Spooder Sense in the comics can work like that apparently, so it works there, but he should still get extrasensory perception because that's how the Spider Sense works. Grants spatial awareness, allows him to sense danger and stuff in other people's actions (like how Naruto can sense people's hatred), but hasn't demonstrated future sight in the game.

this is not an ability revision thread feel free to make one if you like

Thread says revision, should probably handle all the flaws on the page. Please stop being snarky.

Not trying to be snarky. Being organized. This "AP Revision" is intended to put a more correct AP rating on the Insomniac Spiderman page. Not to fix abilities, no offense meant.

If you'd like to make an organized attempt to edit the page's abilities, I'd appreciate another thread being made, yeah?

And yes, Ant. I'll change it now.

Okay. Should we close this when you are finished?

Keep in mind that you should remove the part where there is giant scorpion tails. Those aren't real.

Finished, took out the giant scorpion thing since that seems to be legit, gonna close this.

Amexim, if you'd like to create another thread concerning abilities, feel free to do so. I do encourage that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back