• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinity gauntlet upgrade?

Elizio33

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
In secret wars 9, Black panther in possession of the infinity gauntlet was able to give a hard time to god doom who is ranked 2A if I'm not mistaken. So is it reasonable to rank the infinity gauntlet to a similar level? Maybe a bit lower?

First, read the power-scaling rules for Marvel and DC comics characters.

Second, unless this feat was replicated on a consistent basis, this feat is likely an outlier as the Infinity Gauntler is not supposed to show this type of power.

That is a massive outlier for T'Challa. Remember that Marvel stories are full of PIS and inconsistencies. Thor Foster stalemated Odin and a few issue later by the same author she was nearly owned by Silver Samurai (still pissed me off)

Jonathan Hickman had previously established that the gauntlets are strictly Low 2-C in scope, and one of them were destroyed when expending all of its power to undo a single incursion.

As such, it makes no sense for it to be able to even slow down somebody channelling the power of the Beyonders, unless the Molecule Man only afforded Doom an extremely small part of it.

So, do we treat this feat as an outlier? It seems like the Infinity Gauntlet showed this type of power more than once.

We should probably treat it as a plot convenience inconsistency, yes.

As Byakushiki pointed out above, Marvel's writers generally do not care in the slightest about anything remotely resembling coherent logic for their stories.

Wait, the power of the infinity gauntlet has already reached the world Beyonders once when Thanos was in possession of the gauntlet if I remember correctly. I think it was mentioned in infinity watch but maybe I'm wrong.. Or maybe this is just another incoherence.

No. The Beyonders were not mentioned during that storyline.

Back