• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

『INFINITE UNIVERSE IN DRAGON BALL SUPER』

If not even Sheron could find the dragon balls, why would the radar find them?

Bulma had to call a dragon with cosmic consciousness and even he couldn't find the Dragon Ball, Bulma's radar didn't even work to find them from where the land was
Why are you assuming Bulma's radar is as limited as Shenron is? Especially considering the radar is specifically designed to locate Dragon Balls whereas Shenron admits he cannot pinpoint a specific object out of the entire Universe (or other Universes).

I mean, i was planning on doing it myself.....i guess i will ask Ice later about the supposed feat he has to substitute the current one if immeasurable is considered an outlier
Just let ice do it, we were already working on it before this thread was rushed out, so don't even worry about it

Why are you assuming Bulma's radar is as limited as Shenron is? Especially considering the radar is specifically designed to locate Dragon Balls whereas Shenron admits he cannot pinpoint a specific object out of the entire Universe (or other Universes).
Bulma's radar wasn't working, and Shenron he has cosmic awareness and Bulma turned to him, so the radar is useless here, since it cannot find the dragon balls in the entire Universe, and Shenron > Bulma

Bulma's radar wasn't working, and Shenron he has cosmic awareness and Bulma turned to him, so the radar is useless here, since it cannot find the dragon balls in the entire Universe, and Shenron > Bulma
I can't remember the context precisely (or even if Bulma's radar wasn't working) but wouldn't the reason for it not working be:

A) They were on the edge of the Universe as Bulma said and there's a range limitation (which is why she wanted to do it from the center of the Universe)

B) The Super Dragon Ball was outside the Universe anyway?

I can't remember the context precisely (or even if Bulma's radar wasn't working) but wouldn't the reason for it not working be:
Well, you should watch the anime again, i think, because when you turn it on you can't find it.
A) They were on the edge of the Universe as Bulma said and there's a range limitation (which is why she wanted to do it from the center of the Universe)
And once again with that story, no, the earth is not at the edge of the universe, but on the edge of a galaxy, where we saw several other galaxies and the earth on the edge of that galaxy

And as we saw, there's a galaxy just like it being shown in the real world, where we saw a galaxy in the photo showing

M104 - Peculiar Galaxy

The Messier104 Galaxy, also known as the Sombrero, is a peculiar galaxy of unclear classification, on the borders of the constellation Virgo and Corvo.It has a bright nucleus, an extraordinarily large central bulge and a prominent dust lane on its outer disk, which is seen almost from the edge. The dark dust lane and the bulge give it the appearance of a sombrero hat (hence the name). Astronomers initially thought that the halo was small and light, indicative of a spiral galaxy; but the Spitzer Space Telescope discovered that the dust ring was larger and more massive than previously thought, indicative of a giant elliptical galaxy.

This image is made up of observations made in visible light using the 8" Ritchey Chrétien Telescope, and ASI294MCPRO camera with Optolong L-Quad filter on a CEM25P mount, in the backyard. There were 250 frames of 180 seconds each.A total of 12.5 hours

The earth was on the edge of a galaxy and contains infinite of them

I had already refuted this point years ago.

B) The Super Dragon Ball was outside the Universe anyway?
The dragon balls were in universe 7 and 6, the radar was useless to track all the balls

The earth was on the edge of a galaxy and contains infinite of them

I had already refuted this point years ago.
Then why did Bulma say "Universe"?
And once again with that story, no, the earth is not at the edge of the universe, but on the edge of a galaxy, where we saw several other galaxies and the earth on the edge of that galaxy

And as we saw, there's a galaxy just like it being shown in the real world, where we saw a galaxy in the photo showing

M104 - Peculiar Galaxy
How do you know that galaxy is not at the edge of the Universe?

Jaco mentions to her that what she said is not true and calls her stupid and she decides to go to Sheron who has knowledge about the Universe (Bulma is labeled as having no knowledge of the Universe in the anime)
This huge galaxy is shown representing the Universe and it is in the middle and not at the edge, lol

i really dont get why this is such a big issue. Bulma would NOT know whether they're at the edge or not, she CANT know that even if the universe is only as big as our own.

at best (and in fact, this is likely the case) she's referring to the observable universe. The material in the OP refers to the ENTIRE living world (i.e; beyond human comprehension), which Bulma wouldn't know about no matter how smart you believe she is.

If the radar can scan the entire universe, no matter if it is at the end or the center of the universe, its range would not automatically change if it were to go to the center or somewhere else. If it is assumed that they are already at the edge, then the radar does not cover the entire distance of the universe.

This is faulty logic. Take any two circles with equal radius, if you place their centers on top of each other, then both circles will cover the same area. However if you offset the center of one of the circles, then the two circles won't overlap completely. So it is possible for the radar to be able to scan the entire universe from the center but not from the edge.

can't remember the context precisely (or even if Bulma's radar wasn't working) but wouldn't the reason for it not working be:

Bulma's radar was working. In fact, when they were on the last dragon ball, it showed the seventh dragonball. The character (i forgot who it was) said there were seven dots on the radar, when they had previously only detected six. Then Monaka made the mention of looking at it in three dimensions instead of two and then whis took them off the planet to reveal the planet to be the seventh dragonball.

Last edited:
Bulma's radar was working. In fact, when they were on the last dragon ball, it showed the seventh dragonball. The character (i forgot who it was) said there were seven dots on the radar, when they had previously only detected six. Then Janko made the mention of looking at it in three dimensions instead of two and then whis took them off the planet to reveal the planet to be the seventh dragonball.
Very close, of course, it was, the radar cannot capture the entire Universe, as it is limited to just the Earth or very close to it.

Is that Janko guy from Dragon Ball? Just asking
I think he is referring to Jaco, but this part of detecting the dragon balls only happened after they were gathered in the neutral dimension, the radar gave no sign of any spheres in the universe, which means that the radar does not cover the entire Universe, but rather a limited distance

Anyways, it seems this thread has been accepted so it should probably be closed. Then the next thread will come soon.

I think he is referring to Jaco, but this part of detecting the dragon balls only happened after they were gathered in the neutral dimension, the radar gave no sign of any spheres in the universe, which means that the radar does not cover the entire Universe, but rather a limited distance
Didn't Champa already collect all six? They wouldn't show up if they were in his possession.

Bulma's radar was working. In fact, when they were on the last dragon ball, it showed the seventh dragonball. The character (i forgot who it was) said there were seven dots on the radar, when they had previously only detected six. Then Monaka made the mention of looking at it in three dimensions instead of two and then whis took them off the planet to reveal the planet to be the seventh dragonball.
The radar can still find DB signature, but can't scan all Super DB that in the U7 no matter what she did with the radar, so they opt for alternative way

Anyway why Bulma statements still matter here since it is pretty much that in this case she is wrong, and before you guys jump on me again, i know Bulma is genius, but you guys make it like every statements came from her is true and she is omniscient, she can be wrong sometime you know??

Back