• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite/Immeasurable Speed Touhou: Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I start the actual edits I wanna ask what to do about fairies and other characters with an 'FTL, possibly MFTL+' rating, since having 'at least FTL, possibly MFTL+, possibly Infinite' feels rather awkward to me, and I don't know why low tiers should be overwhelmingly slower than high tiers since there's never an established discrepancy in speed between the two. I would prefer to just drop the FTL rating outright if that's acceptable.

Eh, I guess infinite is fine,
Just [x, possibly Infinite] works fine.
Can we have a solid infinite please? Super Saiyan Please?
Before I start the actual edits I wanna ask what to do about fairies and other characters with an 'FTL, possibly MFTL+' rating, since having 'at least FTL, possibly MFTL+, possibly Infinite' feels rather awkward to me, and I don't know why low tiers should be overwhelmingly slower than high tiers since there's never an established discrepancy in speed between the two. I would prefer to just drop the FTL rating outright if that's acceptable.
I'd drop the MFTL+ rating

Dropping either works for me, though I'd lean towards dropping FTL since there's nothing indicating fairies are overwhelmingly slower than high tiers and they're able to keep up with them in spell card duels.

I'd also prefer a solid infinite rating but it ain't happening. Higher end speed stuff like this usually ends up with a 'possibly' rating regardless of how explicit the feat is, that's just how it is on this bitch of an earth.

?
I am chill, I really don't mind the possibly rating. It's just a matter of how the wiki treats these kinds of feats, and while it's kinda unfortunate that we probably won't get a solid infinite rating, I'm not too torn up about it.

We have an infinite feat accepted by the staff, 2 feats that can act as supporting evidence, and some time manip resistance for several characters. I can live with that.

Nah that already got accepted, it's just the cast of IN scaling to Keine's spell card. The thing I'm saving for later is Avici/Higan/Eientei not being timeless voids, and giving time stop resistance to everyone who can move in those locations.

Mini-derail at the end there but no harm done. While I agree fairies should have MFTL, I think that "at least FTL, possibly Infinite" would be fine for the fairies.

Either that or "at least FTL, likely MFTL+, possibly infinite," but maybe that's too cluttered.

After all, most characters being comparable in speed is kind of how to setting works, so to speak

That's fine. So can I start applying the changes then?
That seems fine to me at least.
I don't know. What are the previous speed statistics based on?

Maybe "FTL, possibly MFTL+, at most Infinite" or "FTL, likely MFTL+, possibly Infinite" would be an idea?

What do you think @Promestein ?

The previous speed statistics are based on this calc, as well as scaling to Rei'sen due to her being another low tier who has an MFTL+ feat of her own and blitzed Reimu. The "shouldn't be much slower than high tiers" justification is due to the fact that spell card duels do not explicitly restrict speed the same way they restrict power, and there's nothing stating or implying low tiers are slower than high tiers, so they scale by virtue of keeping up in spell card duels.

Both options you've presented seem reasonable to me, though I'm personally leaning towards the latter.

Maintained as in, not changed at all? I'm pretty sure there's evidence of low tiers having comparable enough speed to scale.

But that's whatever. If low tiers need to be justified for scaling possibly infinite, it can be done some other time, I personally wouldn't mind.

What has been applied exactly? "FTL, possibly MFTL+, at most Infinite" or "FTL, likely MFTL+, possibly Infinite"?

Promestein did not give an easy to understand statement as far as I saw.

It's the damn Melon isn't it
Melontek doing his stuff I see.
You would do well to check your attitude against me, especially given your incoherent argument about a statement that refers to relativity in Touhou actually meaning that light/the Master Spark in Touhou is moving at immeasurable speeds, because Touhou doesn't actually follow relativity, even though its clearly been mentioned in your own quotes, because reasons.

But since that's already been rejected, I see no reason to dwell on it further.

And it's "Malomtek", not "Melontek", by the way.

You would do well to check your attitude against me, especially given your incoherent argument about a statement that refers to relativity in Touhou actually meaning that light/the Master Spark in Touhou is moving at immeasurable speeds, because Touhou doesn't actually follow relativity, even though its clearly been mentioned in your own quotes, because reasons.

But since that's already been rejected, I see no reason to dwell on it further.

And it's "Malomtek", not "Melontek", by the way.
Actually, Touhou follows theories regarding everything regarded possible in physics, including quantum physics even. How exactly did you come to the conclusion that it doesn't follow these subjects?

(inb4, "Theory of Relativity" is apart of "physics" in general?)

Last edited:
Actually, Touhou follows theories regarding everything regarded possible in physics, including quantum physics even. How exactly did you come to the conclusion that it doesn't follow these subjects?

I literally never said anything about any other branch of physics. I just refuted the notion that Touhou doesn't actually follow relativity, which is what OnsokunoSonic claimed. You're attempting to disprove claims I literally never even made, i.e. a strawman.

Thanks for proving my point for me, though.

Wait, are you assuming that I would argue that the Theory of Relativity is a part of physics in general (which is true), or are you assuming that I would argue that the Theory of Relativity stands apart from physics in general (which is false)?

...Why exactly are you here if you're just gonna argue against immeasurable speed, which has already been rejected?
I was responding to OnsokunoSonic because he had decided to pitch up an attitude against me, then other people jumped in unsolicited trying to argue against positions I didn't even make.

As far as I'm aware, Onsokuno is making his own CRT in regards to immeasurable speed. There is literally no value in debating this shit here, so let's just wait for staff to close a thread that has already been accepted and applied. If you have an issue with infinite speed, make your own damn CRT about it so we don't extend this thread into an unnecessary 10+ pages like last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back