• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I’m kinda neutral regarding the Delsin stuff, but I still disagree with the speed downgrades since Electricity of any kinda is treated as comparable on this site. And that doesn’t seem to be what the OP is arguing anymore.
Yea, speed was already addressed. Just need to find that Kessler feat and add it on, also add some of the stuff you said about the RFI to the justification.

I kind of suck at editing so I I’ll try to get someone else to do that, regarding the feat it’s a pain in the ass to find someone using the slowest attack in the game on Kessler. But at the same time electricity is treated as comparable on the site regardless of if it’s cloud to ground, such as Enel and Laxus.

He literally shouts "Eugene, I can't do anything!" Right at the start of the fight. All while running, dodging, not attacking, and desperately waiting for Eugene to throw him more Core Relays.

Which is why I'm saying she treated the two of them differently. She trained one of them to fight and she tortured the other with drills. Both of those things are explicitly shown and her treatment of one inmate does not contradict her treatment of another.
Eugene was an unknown distance outside of the arena where the two were fighting. Unless he has an earpiece or super volume there’s no way Eugene heard him outside of PIS. Also after shouting that Augustine doesn’t say anything about it, likely because it’s an isolated event between the two. You can still get hit several times by Augustine’s rock monster and not die, which is what I’m talking about when I say Delsin only lacks techniques, not strength. When he takes damage and heals you can see his body regenerate via concrete.

Sidetracking aside, none of these points have to do with his regeneration. I’ve proven Delsin can literally explode and reform, which Sucker Punch states smoke conduits can absorb particulate matter out of the air (not just smoke, but even tear gas as shown in-game), whenever he takes damage, smoke comes from the damaged area, and he can use said smoke or external smoke-like matter to reform and heal the damage. He qualifies for mid-high.

My dude, Delsin still being superhuman is completely irrelevant to my point. The point is that Augustine should have heard Delsin shouting that he's powerless, and thus, taken the opportunity to seal him. Especially when he's explicitly not fighting back and is instead completely focused on getting to the relay cores in order to get powers that he can use. Augustine is capable of making basic observations. Since she didn't exploit the obvious opportunity to just seal him, it's obvious that she was trying to kill him.

I'm fine with settling for Mid-High. I don't agree with it, nothing in that statement suggests Delsin himself explodes and elemental intangibility is a thing, but we can both agree that it has more ground (or... Concrete? ....I'll go.) than High does at least.

My dude, Delsin still being superhuman is completely irrelevant to my point. The point is that Augustine should have heard Delsin shouting that he's powerless, and thus, taken the opportunity to seal him. Especially when he's explicitly not fighting back and is instead completely focused on getting to the relay cores in order to get powers that he can use. Augustine is capable of making basic observations. Since she didn't exploit the obvious opportunity to just seal him, it's obvious that she was trying to kill him.
I don't even know what started this topic lol, but phone calls / chats to allies are generally free actions in the verse.
I'm fine with settling for Mid-High. I don't agree with it, nothing in that statement suggests Delsin himself explodes and elemental intangibility is a thing, but we can both agree that it has more ground (or... Concrete? ....I'll go.) than High does at least.
I don't know how you don't agree with the game but that's one for staff support I guess.

Talking being a free action doesn't mean it's a free action being done in a parallel universe the enemy in your general area can't hear you in

Delsin shouts it aloud, he doesn't say it into a phone. Augustine would have logically been aware of it.

How is Delsin shouting to somebody that’s outside of the building he’s fighting in? He’s yelling like Eugene is across the room when he’s somewhere far outside, far enough to find a core relay.

How is Delsin shouting to somebody that’s outside of the building he’s fighting in? He’s yelling like Eugene is across the room when he’s somewhere far outside, far enough to find a core relay.
Because he is shouting.

Like, there's no way around it, in the scene himself, he is talking, in a loud voice, to open air.

I think it's pretty clear that Delsin's intangibility is based on what "element" and ability he's using. The orbital drop scatters him into light and radio waves, which is also carried over to travel. It also takes a bit of time for him to normally heal.

How about "Regeneration (type xx) with elemental powers"?

When he uses different abilities, he's also scattered into neon and radio waves.

I looked at that originally but that’s just her light speed running ability which she can use mid air. That’s why I didn’t include it as an example, same with Eugene because he’s the worst.

I'm not arguing, I'm just saying it makes sense to give them that ability via elemental powers.

I'm not arguing, I'm just saying it makes sense to give them that ability via elemental powers.
Oh I mean I guess, since becoming conduits literally turns them into that element (as we see whenever they take damage, their body at the site of the injury is literally that element)

I'm fine on adding it, but the others might have different opinions.

Have you read the discussion Abstractions? All the normal members agree and Wright agrees as well.
Seeing that Delsin does already fast heal through smoke going by the clip presented I suppose it isn't as unreasonable as originally presented.

I'm fine with the change.

Back