• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Indexing scaling chains and calc values

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preferably, the pages that currently have the values listed should have them switched to the notes system rather than removing it entirely, no?

It should be good now.

Yeah that writeup seems good.

That implementation on Asta's page seems mostly fine. I'd still prefer those be in the calc blogs, but whatever. On a more practical level, that one has so many notes that I think it deserves a scrollbox, but I don't know how to add one.

Yeah that writeup seems good.

That implementation on Asta's page seems mostly fine. I'd still prefer those be in the calc blogs, but whatever. On a more practical level, that one has so many notes that I think it deserves a scrollbox, but I don't know how to add one.
Here.

Well, unfortunately, I wasn't the one who made those pages so god knows who created blog posts for those statistics.

Only profile of mine that did it cause it just frustrated me to no end

8-C scaling comes from Talon Heavies no-selling this

Only profile of mine that did it cause it just frustrated me to no end

8-C scaling comes from Talon Heavies no-selling this
Look man, that's not the only profile you made that gotta be fixed.
I suggest you read this.

Look man, that's not the only profile you made that gotta be fixed.
I suggest you read this.
I'm fairly certain that that's the only profile of mine that puts the value in the AP section-

one problem: there's some pages that I'd like to add this to, but as I said before, I don't really have any idea how to apply this formatting myself

Good News; I got the list, those are few: (using a different way than DPL, more practical)
They are all subject to violation, approximately.

As for this thread, let's get practical and ping all relevant administrators, since this is wide-revision.

@LordGriffin1000, @Andytrenom, @GyroNutz, @Mr._Bambu, @DontTalkDT, @ByAsura, @Agnaa, @Elizhaa

For Standard Format for Character Profiles: (under Notes/Explanations)

For editing Rules: (under Organization)

Im fine with it. I need to get my health back up (I'm really sick among other serious problems) before I can fix the profiles I updated with the past format though so I can't really help much at the moment.

Im fine with it. I need to get my health back up (I'm really sick among other serious problems) before I can fix the profiles I updated with the past format though so I can't really help much at the moment.
Take care. I already cleaned up those listed pages anyways.

Good News; I got the list, those are few: (using a different way than DPL, more practical)
They are all subject to violation, approximately.

As for this thread, let's get practical and ping all relevant administrators, since this is wide-revision.

@LordGriffin1000, @Andytrenom, @GyroNutz, @Mr._Bambu, @DontTalkDT, @ByAsura, @Agnaa, @Elizhaa

For Standard Format for Character Profiles: (under Notes/Explanations)

It seems alright.

@Antvasima

The drafts that I created received no objections, and there are 5 agreements, including yours.

It can now be applied, and the thread can be closed.

Last edited:
Actually, about those drafts...
Please refrain from incorporating scaling chains and calculation values into the character profiles, including metrics like Energy/TNTe numbers. It is preferred that such information be presented in the form of notes or explanations, or alternatively, be placed within the appropriate section on the verse page.
Is "TNTe" a correct thing to refer to? Wouldn't it just be TNT?

Also, should the other one only be placed on the standard format for characters, or for all standard formats for profiles?

Feel free to tell me if any of you are satisfied with this edit.
Can someone explain, for those of us who don't know already, how to apply these kinds of edits?

Can someone explain, for those of us who don't know already, how to apply these kinds of edits?
Type in <ref group=”Note”>[insert text here]</ref> to add a note.

Then add <references group=”Note”/> just above the gallery section. If there’s no gallery then put it right above the others section.

Have the rule changes that Dread explained above been applied?

Not all of them
Would one of our staff members be willing to handle it please?

@Dereck03 @Just_a_Random_Butler

Not all of them
Would one of our staff members be willing to handle it please?

@Dereck03 @Just_a_Random_Butler
@Andytrenom @GyroNutz @Mr._Bambu @ByAsura @Elizhaa @DarkDragonMedeus @Damage3245 @Agnaa

Are any of you willing to help apply the accepted rule changes above?

@ImmortalDread

What else is currently left to do here?

I need those pages to be unlocked to apply the accepted changes (unless you wish the mentioned staff members to handle the task)
For Standard Format for Character Profiles and References: (under Notes/Explanations)
Notes can be considered as an extension of the references sections and should be used when the justification for something is too difficult to contextualize and eventually would need to involve several sentences to explain. This section can serve the purpose of explaining chain scaling and scaling values for the profiles.

It is important to emphasize that this is an optional enhancement and not inherently obligatory.

Please refrain from incorporating scaling chains and calculation values into the character profiles, including metrics like Energy/TNT numbers. It is preferred that such information be presented in the form of notes or explanations, or alternatively, be placed within the appropriate section on the verse page.
Also, should the other one only be placed on the standard format for characters, or for all standard formats for profiles?
All standard formats. Adding it to References would be enough to establish that.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for helping out. Your changes looked good to me. 🙏

I have locked the above-mentioned pages again. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back