• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Indexing scaling chains and calc values

Status
Not open for further replies.
If staff are split, then wouldn't that mean that the rule banning the formatting cannot be applied?
to be more specific, this crt was made to address a grey area that currently exists by listing, and as far as I'm aware, if there is a clear controversy among staff, most crts are just unable to be accepted, thus going back to business as usual with the crt being tossed
but due to the fact that this is still grey area, would that not mean that "business as usual" would still allow for the unrestricted option of using alternative AP formatting, thus requiring an actual agreement for a standard to be set?

You didn't include my vote, which was disagreeing it.
I don't like that. I prefer including multipliers and the like in the calculations that are linked from the profiles.
Can you double-check to make sure that you didn't miss anyone else?

Kira's profile has a good compromise for this.
image.png
See above please.

I suppose I’ll have to concede to this since there does seem to be a slight shift against the proposal
while it is a disappointment that it couldn’t go all the way, the main purpose of the thread was to increase awareness for profiles that make it hard to find the AP, so if the compromised format becomes more common than the current method of clicking through profiles, it is still an acceptable improvement over nothing.
That’s all I’ll say for this thread.

Looks like the majority of staff have rejected it now.
Yes, that is correct, but I think that the compromise solution that M3X showed us looks very useful.

We need to provide proper official instructions for using that procedure though.

Editing Rules

Standard Format for Character Profiles
Kira's profile has a good compromise for this.
image.png
I suppose I’ll have to concede to this since there does seem to be a slight shift against the proposal
while it is a disappointment that it couldn’t go all the way, the main purpose of the thread was to increase awareness for profiles that make it hard to find the AP, so if the compromised format becomes more common than the current method of clicking through profiles, it is still an acceptable improvement over nothing.
That’s all I’ll say for this thread.
@ImmortalDread @Just_a_Random_Butler @Marvel_Champion_07 @Damage3245 @Elizhaa @Agnaa @M3X_2.0 @LordTracer @KLOL506 @KingTempest @AbaddonTheDisappointment @IdiosyncraticLawyer @Mr._Bambu @ByAsura @Therefir @LordGriffin1000 @Flashlight237 @Maverick_Zero_X @DarkDragonMedeus @GyroNutz @Andytrenom

Would any of you be willing to help out with this please?

Also, some of our members need to find and clean up the pages that use the unaccepted formatting style.

I suppose I need to clean up the profiles that don't follow the standard if it is officially rejected till @Just_a_Random_Butler comes.

So Notes is the compromise? It is already added in the profile standard pages, we simply need to add one note there, as well as small warning note in the editing page. I can take care of that. I will be sending them both after re-reading the 3 pages (standard procedure for evaluation and thread topic understanding).

So Notes is the compromise? It is already added in the profile standard pages, we simply need to add one note there, as well as small warning note in the editing page. I can take care of that. I will be sending them both after re-reading the 3 pages (standard procedure for evaluation and thread topic understanding).
Yeah, Notes is the compromise.

But optional for people as KLOL506 has noted.

Thank you for helping out, but is DPL really able to handle finding such specific formatting?

Thank you for helping out, but is DPL really able to handle finding such specific formatting?
Approximately, based on my understanding, most of those profiles have specific style, as such as "[2.46 petatons]", DPL can detect those, but is not accurate, obviously speaking since each profile has its own statistics, but we can simply search through units, and use our common sense to detect which one is subjected to fix the unacceptable profile formatting.

Edit: It did not work, so I used other method.

Last edited:
Yes, and that way we can hopefully locate the verses that have been affected. For example, Bleach contains quite a lot of such character profile pages, if I remember correctly.

Alright, so I prepared two minor drafts for this thread and DPL page.

For Standard Format for Character Profiles: (under Notes/Explanations)
Notes can be considered as an extension of the references sections and should be used when the justification for something is too difficult to contextualize and eventually would need to involve several sentences to explain. This section can serve the purpose of explaining chain scaling and scaling values for the profiles.

It is important to emphasize that this is an optional enhancement and not inherently obligatory.

For editing Rules: (under Organization)
Please refrain from incorporating scaling chains and calculation values into the character profiles, including metrics like Energy/TNTe numbers. It is preferred that such information be presented in the form of notes or explanations, or alternatively, be placed within the appropriate section on the verse page.

Last edited:
Thank you greatly for helping out. 🙏

I mostly like your suggested text additions, but shouldn the word "adjusting" be replaced with "explaining/clarifying, or similar, instead?

Thank you greatly for helping out. 🙏

I mostly like your suggested text additions, but shouldn the word "adjusting" be replaced with "explaining/clarifying, or similar, instead?
My bad. I replaced it now with “explaining”. Apologies.

I already voiced some disagreements and agree with some things Bambu and Agnaa said, not sure what else I need to say.

Good News; I got the list, those are few: (using a different way than DPL, more practical)
They are all subject to violation, approximately.

As for this thread, let's get practical and ping all relevant administrators, since this is wide-revision.

@LordGriffin1000, @Andytrenom, @GyroNutz, @Mr._Bambu, @DontTalkDT, @ByAsura, @Agnaa, @Elizhaa

For Standard Format for Character Profiles: (under Notes/Explanations)
Notes can be considered as an extension of the references sections and should be used when the justification for something is too difficult to contextualize and eventually would need to involve several sentences to explain. This section can serve the purpose of explaining chain scaling and scaling values for the profiles.

It is important to emphasize that this is an optional enhancement and not inherently obligatory.

For editing Rules: (under Organization)
Please refrain from incorporating scaling chains and calculation values into the character profiles, including metrics like Energy/TNTe numbers. It is preferred that such information be presented in the form of notes or explanations, or alternatively, be placed within the appropriate section on the verse page.

Last edited:
there's pages i know of that aren't included in this list so your method is flawed at the very least.

Because I set a limit, not because it is flawed. Will do it in a sandbox, later. The fact, that I still did not get all units is also a problem.

For record, ensure that you obtain authorization prior to making posts to the staff discussions.

Last edited:
Feel free to tell me if any of you are satisfied with this edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back