• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Index Possible Downgrade

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
Or at least a change in reasoning.

To be blunt, a Nuclear Shelter isn't 7-B. Things are capable of surviving nuclear blasts without being 7-B, as they are very rarely in the Epicenter of the blast. That would make cement of all things 7-B, which is a bit nonsense.

I'm not too knowledgeable about the verse, but if that's the only reasoning, it doesn't seem that valid to me. I guess being the best defensive item in the world would be feat-worthy, but simply being comparable to a nuclear shelter isn't 7-B.

Ah ya. Welp, nuclear shelter are still made of a existent metal, and maybe they refer to the guy as being as strong as the metal. Maybe they're a datasheet about nuclear shelter (like survive x overpressure and y temperatures).

I was going to wait until I finished rereading OT to make the upgrade thread for this and other stuff, but whatever. Since I have to wake up early tomorrow I'll give my arguments now and answer any questions/doubts tomorrow.

90% of the time, when Kamachi talks about nuclear shelters he's talking about Town to City level AP or Durability, it's a comparison he uses a lot in this series very consistently. It fits the Pope-class statement given in the same description, as the literal Pope in the series absorbed most of the damage of an attack that would have destroyed the Vatican and part of Rome.

But there's more, Index's Walking Church was a super high-class magical item, a replica of the Shroud of Turin and one of the best defensive magical items in the planet. She is part of a faction that has flying magical fortresses with magical bombardments that are said to possibly have more raw power than a Saint like Kanzaki and could cause some minor damage to freaking Carissa with Curtana Original (so the Saint comparison is pretty believable) and with military forces that are said to be capable of wiping islands from the map.

Despite this Stiyl, a member of the same group and an expert magician who has worked with a Saint like Kanzaki in several occasions, considered Index Walking Church unpenetrable/unbreakable, "unless the dragon of St. George came back". Their plan to get Index back to get her memory erased in the first volume was even for Kanzaki to attack her and knock her out, since they didn't know the Walking Church was broken by Touma and thus Index would be in real danger

Said dragon is the basis of Index's offensive spell Dragon's Breath considered capable of breaking through the Walking Church. This is a spell Touma cannot fully negate all at once with IB and even managed to cause minor damage to his hand and eventually broke his pinky with the sustained beam. This is above what 99% of spells have managed in the series, including things like Saints or Curtana Original slashes. If this isn't a mark of high level of power for the series I don't know what it is.

Therefore, it's perfectly reasonable to have both Walking Church and Dragon's Breath at 7-B, because they should actually be 7-A or 6-C considering Dragon's Breath feats and the context of the series.

Unrelated, but I'll take the opportunity to add these ones too since they were also going to be a part of the same upgrade thread.

Leivinia Birdway scales to Saints since she can fight Kanzaki. She should be 7-A with magic, which would also upgrade Aleister and Samuel Mathers. We already know regular magicians can reach Saint levels of power with magic, we have several cases of normal magicians on this level in the series already, so there's no reason those three, which are some of the strongest magicians in modern history, don't scale to that.

Base Brunhild Eiktobel should be upgraded to Small Island level AP, as with her cutting spells her claymore could almost stand up to Kanzaki's Yuisen. It got chipped, but she still managed to block several slashes instead of simply being sliced into two like Misha Kreutzev's wings. I initially put her as that when I first made the page but someone must have undone it.

I was just thinking about Birdway and her fighting Kanzaki the other day, And why she wasn't rated mountain level. I agree with it and the scaling

Considering what you said im fine with a 6-C walking church. Though I thought we removed that from the profiles anyway since she loses it like immediately

Brunhild is fine aswell.

I think that LazyHunter seems to make sense.

@LordAizenSama

I think it's worth it to list it for completion and to leave it as a possible option if anyone wants to do a match with her, otherwise the glass cannon aspects of Index make it really hard.

As usual LazyHunter appears to be making sense. However since I know little about the series I'd prefer a bit more input before implementing any changes, even if not too significant.

Aizen, you can ask a few other members if you feel people won't give much input otherwise.

Well, in lack of further input, I suppose that LazyHunter's changes can probably be applied.

Back