• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable speed blazblue downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this explanation is valid or not, because someone with a strong will is able to walk on the boundary

Sc: Blazblue fandom
and now I think that the statement about transcended space time is just flowery words. Because People who have strong will power and strong spirit, they can still survive at the boundary and remain intact. what about logic like this for people who have strong will power = transcended time space?

It would still depend on how they're accessing it. Are they teleporting there? Use a portal? Or do they run there?
We are past the point of questioning how they access it. They wouldn't have been given the immeasurable speed rating in the first place if it were anything other than physical movement. This thread itself discusses it unnecessarily. You can read the previous posts.
And if they didn't have access to the boundary would they still be able to move as Immeasurable Speeds? Because the Boundary isn't time itself or the physical embodiment of it. It's just a place where time meets up.
Moving through higher temporal dimension is feat of Immseaurable to begin with.
So moving through Boundry is the feat itself.
You wouldn't be able to move in there if you had normal speed.

So you’re mixing up a resistance feat to speed? What kind of strawman are you pulling here?
yeah it was my fault, because i was really looking for the context of the whole meaning of boundary. you ask why am i looking to ask about resistance? that's because if you have a strong will power then you will be able to move on the boundary which will give you immeasurable speed. this is illogical bruh

If moving within boundary is the reason to remove immeasurable speed then thing like Black Beast still keeps the rating right? I mean it's the gateway of boundary itself so it doesn't need to move within the boundary to traverse through time, so just do a scaling to Black Beast and call it a day

Last edited:
yeah it was my fault, because i was really looking for the context of the whole meaning of boundary. you ask why am i looking to ask about resistance? that's because if you have a strong will power then you will be able to move on the boundary which will give you immeasurable speed. this is illogical bruh
The strong will part is not to move through boundary, is to survive moving in boundary, because the moment anyone step in the boundary, the boundary hax them to nonexistence.

The moving through boundary is another matter altogether, so yeah you can't use strong will as argument.

I hate I have to jump in devils advocate and say this.
Immeasurable (Movement beyond linear time. This is why the speed cannot be measured. Given that S = D/T, if T is undefined the speed formula cannot be applied. This is the same reason why multiple temporal dimensions also grant immeasurable speed. For further information, see the "Further Explanations"-section below.)
Movement beyond means your unbound by it, above it, surpassed it, transcended it. Every synonym you can throw at it that matches the one right off the speed page. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Speed#Other

Thank you for helping out, Qawsedf234.

However, can you please clarify why the "Bulk beings" have apparently been given Low Complex Multiverse level ratings in their speed sections? That seems extremely inappropriate. Which character profile pages does this concern?

Nice strawman. Taking the sentence out of context and showing it off as something else
What strawman dawg
from all the arguments you brought, all the points are that someone who is able to move in a dimension that transcends space time is immeasurable

Which means from earlier you brought points if the person who unrestricted by that time was immeasurable

@Delta333 Takemikazuchi is also a gateway itself so if we’re only scaling them to the black beast, that thing would also cross scale given Ragna Jin and Noel fought it in CPEX.

@Qawsedf234 its literally just showcases of them going back and forward in time. She’s in the past and moves back to the present alongside the guy next to her.
That doesn't showcase it though. It's a guy saying we need to go back in time and then it cuts. I get they time travelled but you would have to give a scene where they do it with explicit speed and not something off screen.

Did you miss part where Boundry is explained to be working like a higher temporal dimension??
I mean, that sorta feeds into their point about them using the dimension to time travel and not doing so with raw speed.

That seems extremely inappropriate. Which character profile pages does this concern?
The Bulk Beings from interstellar. Afaik ots like, our only interstellar profile.

What strawman dawg
The literal strawman saying the definition of immeasurable speed isn't actually immeasurable speed.
from all the arguments you brought, all the points are that someone who is able to move in a dimension that transcends space time is immeasurable

Which means from earlier you brought points if the person who unrestricted by that time was immeasurable
Both of these points are interchangeable methods into getting into immeasurable cause they both hit same mark of being beyond liner time which as a line either means moving backwards/forwards ahead from the present point on the line or just being off the line entirely.

@Qawsedf234 that’s not offscreen though. She literally moves through time at the final shot given she exits from the boundary to the present time. It’s a visual novel story so they don’t just actual cutscenes, just still images.

The Bulk Beings from interstellar. Afaik ots like, our only interstellar profile.
Okay. Would you be willing to fix it please? We should not mix up speed and attack potency statistics.

Can you point to where in our page it says this? I might be missing that point.
If your on the line being time it's like a pencil drawing a line with past being what's been drawn, the present being the drawing the line in real time and the being what's not drawn yet --------- and you move off this line in any direction that's ahead of the pencil, behind the pencil, or off the pencil that's drawing out time as a line you would have immeasurable speed.

through time at the final shot given she exits from the boundary to the present time.
I only see two shots. One of 12 just like... dissolving out of scene and the one right after that leads to a person with an eyepatch that then leads to a game over screen.

Where do they pop back in during the video?
I was explaining Movement beyond linear time in the simplest analogy you can draw with a pencil.
No I get that part. I'm asking where in our page for speed does it mention this as a justification for Immeasurable?

the 12 girl doesn’t show up again because someone else saved her. The other girl just heads back to the present by moving through the boundary, which is stated to be something she’s built to do, traverse through realm and subsequently move through time as a result.

No I get that part. I'm asking where in our page for speed does it mention this as a justification for Immeasurable?
Movement beyond linear time. is the first line on speed page for immeasurable, unless your trying to change the entire system itself I don't really need anymore justification that this.

Movement beyond linear time. is the first line on speed page for immeasurable, unless your trying to change the entire system itself I don't really need anymore justification that this.
"Movement beyond linear" were always been, a figure of speech for being able to move faster than time. It's just a memey way to describe moving through time with sheer speed.

It's not something special lmfao.

I mean, that sorta feeds into their point about them using the dimension to time travel and not doing so with raw speed.
Traveling through Boundry would be a speed feat in and of itself, due its nature as we discussed.

Also elaborate on "using the dimension".
Is it like a car using road to travel or car using wheels to move or car burning fuel to move??
What is your expection of "use" here??

I'm neutral for now, but do remember it being debated and was originally on the offense after much convincing. But I do not remember the full details.

I have noted that being able to travel to a realm that transcends time and space and/or exists outside of space/time normally doesn't qualify as Immeasurable speed but rather advanced levels of dimensional travel. However, I recall Glass brought up other points such as the fact that the dimension gives them insight on every time period in existence that they can travel to as if it they were all periods in space. I might need someone to show me proof of that, as I haven't read the entire thread or have time to. But last time I saw this debated, I did recall something that would make Blazblue qualify; but if anyone's available to explain the in depth details or requote and past for easy access. I could take a look at that.

Okay. Thank you for helping out with evaluations.

@DarkDragonMedeus In the novels they mention that every moment, event and possibility is contained in the boundary

When education to have self-observation was enough, the crimson eyed master sent her to an underground room within a certain castle. To release that observation. Crimson eyed master connected Raquel's spirit to the Boundary. The Boundary is a place transcending time and space. This is the place where every single moment, every single event, every single possibilities drifts. It was to let Raquel observe everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back