• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Imbalanced World RP: Thread 1

The black metal sheet appears to be the same material the dagger was made of, it seems too damaged to be usable for anything.

Hmmm. So there were multiple attempts to make that dagger. I wonder if the people that made it fell prey to its temptations?

I turn back to the others.

"Let's check the right path now."

At the end of the right path, there was a room littered with bones and cobwebs, there seems to be an inscribed stone tablet in the center of the room.

The Divine Phoenix said:
The demon's head falls off, however, as Jack stands on top of it, the demon begins moving and grabs him with its claws.
"!!!"

I am cought in supprise that the demon can move headless, but react quickly, plunging Stormblade in the chest of the abomination and release a burt of lightning and wind in it's insides.

The demon releases its grip as it finally dies for good, its torso scorched by the burst of lightning.

The tablet says the following:

"We give blood because our master demands it, the light speaks and our lives are gifted to it, the shadows rise and he grows stronger, the demons come and world ceases to be."

So they were a bunch of cultists. This is troublesome, there might be more of them.

I turn to Dies and Jirah.

"Looks like we've cleared out this place. Better head back and report this."

Dies gives a thumbs up. "Hoc loco est, et milia annorum, stulte. In sentient mala, hic iam diu mortuus est ex." She says plainly.

"That was ... faster than expected."

I say while heavy breathing a bit, then i turn off Typhoon and go next to where the demon's head fell.

There, i sit, to rest a bit to catch my breath.

The demon's head stares at Jack briefly, before the look in its eyes fades away completely.

As Dies and Silas exit, they notice that some of the bridge's foundation has partially collapsed as a result of the fight. The dagger whispers at Dies, asking for blood.

Eh, what a though motherfu*ker

I think to myself.

Anyway, enought rest, time to go

I grab the demon's head with my left hand, then get back to my feet and run back to the town.

@Everything12

"Well, what are we waiting for, let's head back to town and collect our reward." The man says, cutting off the head of one of the manatech soldiers and walking back towards town.

@Jacky

As Patricia walks the road to the city, the area begins to be covered in mist, suddenly she can hardly see a meter ahead of her and begins hearing unusual sounds.

@the Town Group

Jack arrives back in town at the same time as Silas and Dies do, Dies' wound is healed, but not fully, due to having absorbed gloom from the same area before.

Jirah followed Dies and Silas back to the town, keeping behind the humans as he remained alert for possible dangers.

Patricia wasn't exactly a stranger to unusual surroundings. She readied her rifle and kept her eyes open, looking around cautiously. The last thing she needed was to get jumped.

I pull down the demon head, then start mentally recalling the details of the quest.

Eastern house of the town, right

I go to the location.

@Dragon The board hasn't changed since the group last saw it. They recall they had to go to the tavern and ask for Jonathan once their job was completed.

@Overlord The Eastern house turns out to be a gathering place for travelling mercenaries, a man sitting at a central table calls Jack to come closer.

@Jacky Patricia vaguely sees three floating humanoids a bit in front of her on the road, they seem to be moving closer.

@Overlord The man seems unfazed by this. "You're here for the reward, I presume? For the forest demon contract." he says in a calm voice.

@Everything Alexander's companion talks to some people in the tavern, handing over the manatech soldier's head to them, he walks back to Alexander with a coin pouch in hand, he takes out half of the coins, roughly 2 gold, 50 silver and 90 bronze and hands them over to Alexander.

"Here, good work, by the way, the name's Duma, if you ever encounter the mercenary guild just tell them I sent you."

"This demon has been quite troublesome to us, took down several of our men, good job." The man says, still sounding completely calm, he hands you a small coin pouch, you can see that it contains the 3 gold and a bonus of 20 silver.

Once Silas asks for Jonathan, several men in the tavern begin to laugh. "Someone actually took on that crazy old man's request? Well, did ya find anything?"

As this is happening, an angry looking old man walks up to Silas. "Good, someone with some sense came around. So, what was it?"

"Hey, you three," she called out to then, waving a hand at them for a brief moment. "State your business. I don't want any trouble."

The humanoids continue moving closer to Patricia, it is now clear they have no legs and have large, clawed arms, the mist forms into water, which now surrounds Patricia.

"So we went into the hole under the bridge. There was a demon that we fought and killed. After that, a dagger appeared and we looked around. There was a forge with black metal and a tablet that was written on by some cultists."

The Divine Phoenix said:
"This demon has been quite troublesome to us, took down several of our men, good job." The man says, still sounding completely calm, he hands you a small coin pouch, you can see that it contains the 3 gold and a bonus of 20 silver.
I grab the coin pounch and turn tails, planning to check what else in in the house.

"Cultists? Ha, I knew there was something going on down there. You say something about a dagger? Could I see it? You know, to prove you actually went down there." The old man says with a triumphant look on his face.

You see groups of mercenaries walking about the building, some bookshelves with books in them, as well as some weapons scattered about the place.

Back