• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ok ok. Let's get to all of these one by one:

@Sir

The comparison doesn't work? Dude that is literally the comparison used in the show:

"For example, imagine there's a man pointing a gun at you from straight ahead, his finger on the trigger. He obviously wants to kill you. Your focus would naturally be drawn directly toward the barrel, because that's what has control over the last seconds of your life, right?
"Under those circumstances, would you turn your attention to the man's earring? Would you think about who manufactured that earring? Of course you wouldn't, because unnecessary information is completely ignored by your conscious mind. In order to defeat Void Step, however, you must turn your attention from the gun to the earring in that life-or-death situation. That is the act of focusing on your unconscious senses.

You need to be able to turn your focus to completely useless things. It has nothing to do with how much important information you can process. It's about whether you do process useless information or not. So yes Sir, Trackless Step does exist.

@Cal

I am unsure why my past self didn't do SSSAF Ikki (i don't think Desperado Ikki was a thing back when this was created, but still idk). I guess i could make a 2nd thread and do it SSSAF Ikki instead. Since i mean this thread is already over 410 posts. So a 2nd one may be needed.

About him going unconscious from Ittou Shura and Rasetsu is:

1. When did he ever go unconscious for days on end from Ittou forms? It's couple of hours at most.

2. He goes unconscious cus he lacks stamina, not cus he gets knocked unconscious. He goes unconscious because he literally lacks the energy to even stay awake after using Ittou forms.

@Sir

Geez, i mean, kinda rude to assume all that stuff ain't it? First of all, while i am unsure if her mind reading is passive or active, she does have it always on.

1. That is the reason she won against Shizuku. Mind Reading, she knew everything Shizuku was planning (even the attack from Shizuku's blind spot).

2. "'Perception'? What does perception have to do with this?"
"When I deprive myself of vision, I become able to sense the impulses in others' bodies. That's just one application of my abilities as a user of electricity.
"Humans are essentially living precision instruments. Their actions are controlled purely by impulses sent from the brain, so the ability to sense those impulses is incredibly useful; it means knowing a person's next actions. Signals sent to the muscles that control their eyes tell where their vision is directed, hormones secreted by the pituitary gland reveal their mental state—all of that and more can be understood from reading them.
"The information you glean from impulses are your foe's true intentions, and they're impossible to fake. What is their mental state? What is the next action they plan to take? Limiting my vision gives me access to even more information than usual, so if I take off my glasses, it's beyond simple to read and understand what my opponent is going to do. That means traps and ambushes don't work on me."
"I see. That's how you dodged Shizuku's ambush, then?"
Touka nodded in affirmation.
"That's one of my Noble Arts: Reverse Sight. I suppose it's not too unlike the Worst One's Perfect Vision, though yours is the result of insight while mine is just a bit of cunning. Anyway, rest assured that I wasn't going easy on her by any means."

There is her reading Ikki's mind mid conversation once but i can't remember when.

3. Most impressively, he had completely deceived her ability to directly read intentions from biological signals in order to get his plan past her, taking decisive action without letting her realize anything.

Without a doubt, that was the power of Ikki's experience.

Ikki's strength definitely consisted of more than just swordplay.

She was using Reverse Sight during that fight, so yes he did fool it.

You guys ignoring the direct words and example given by the text (official translations) to say that Trackless Step is really not the series', abilitie's nor the explanation's problem. Though i guess it is my fault because i should've likely said that it is the example given by the story itself

Trackless Step doesnt help here, since it working on a Culexus is a massive NLF as they can perceive Daemons, which are living concepts and paradoxes.

You double posted btw.

Percevie concepts is just looking at abstract things. Not lacking an unconsciousness. Completely different thing boy.

You know Culexus deal with things that are can disappear all the time but they can easily deal with them, so if someone was about to disappear in front if them it would definitely put them on edge (Weather they think its Teleportation or Invisiblity) either would put them on edge.

Now maybe im assuming and other can answer but a Culexus may just drop one of their Grenades as a sort of check to see if he is truly gone which would infact effect Ikki if they did so.

Except it takes time to realise what's happening, that very brief moment of confusion alone is enough for Ikki to snipe. And before you try to argue against this, Ikki has used this very same thing against an actual user of Trackless Step, he used TS because he knew it would take her just enough time to realize and counter for him to end the fight.

If she just grazed him, Hibachi's flames would capture Ikki's whole body like a snake.

(Just one stroke…!?)

However, she was only eager for an instant.

She had lost sight of Ikki Kurogane.

"Crap."

Momiji realized in an instant that it was due to Trackless Step.

"Aku-"

But by that point, it was already over.

Ikki had passed by Momiji's side and cut her torso with his device in illusionary form.

That attack had, without a doubt, been a fatal wound, cutting through her stomach all the way to her spine, causing an appropriate amount of strength to drain out of Momiji as a magical red light- Blood Light, which dispersed into the air.

Hl3 or bust said:
Perceiving concepts is still far above anything TS has worked against, so it is in fact NLF.
It is not above, it is totally different. It's like saying "My man resisted getting erased from existence which is far above getting stabbed by a knife". It may sound more impressive but the 2 have 0 corrolation. You're seeing abstract things, doesn't mean you lack blind spots, lack an unconsciousness etc etc.

The real cal howard said:
Because that's totally less noticeable than something the size of the nucleus of an atom. I can see how many atoms a molecule of O2 has but I can't see you ain't wearing the newest Jordans.
I hate the fact that this was the best thing I've seen since I've joined this site.

You mean Dargoo's comment? Well it's not like it really matters whether it is possible IRL or not. It's like saying "Goku went Low 2-C with training which is not impossible to outdo infinity by training hard, so it is obviously not correct". It is fiction, you don't just slap IRL logic to every single thing. Trackless Step being impossible irl isn't a thing. Otherwise hax would never exist in fiction, being higher D wouldn't exist, achieving higher D wouldn't exist, some skill feats from Nasuverse like 6-C damaging 2-A with skill wouldn't exist. Etc etc etc etc.

Which comment? Oh you mean Og's comment?

Well he's not really saying anything different. He's saying people do sub consciously perceive stuff. Which is the same as what we're saying. Except we're using the term unconsciousness. Every "useless info" is dumped into "unconsciousness" which you can tap into if you've shown the ability to do so, which is the same thing OG is saying.

Just gonna drop by and say that Culexus can perceive other Culexus and each of them has a passive better version of TS.

Ogbunabali said:
Just gonna drop by and say that Culexus can perceive other Culexus and each of them has a passive better version of TS.
Gonna need more info on what this "passive better version of TS" is because i don't believe it at this point.

They are the antithesis of life, literal black hole of reality, so everyone (even machines) don't even allow themselves to perceive them. These guys can walk through an army full of trained soldiers specifically made to perceive these stuff, and biologically engineered and still not notice them.

At one point they sent all 4 assassins to kill a high profile Tau VIP (guys that Culexus's abilities work the least) and out of all of them only Culexus managed to kill them by casually strolling in and being complete ignored by machines and the Tau.

So they can feel existences that are the same as themselves. Very impressive, im shocked. And being a black hole in reality still somehow equates to lacking an unconsciousness.

Because they're different. I can say the same for people who can perceive a culexus but do not lack an unconsciousness. It's not smart to say "Trackless Step is better than whatever their thing is called because it works on people who can perceive culexus". Because they're different to their very core.

Considering I explained what ts does and how it works along with the quote, yet you still refusing to acknowledging it. It really is pointless, it's starting to seem like desperate fra's at this point. Do what you want.

Considering you decided to argue "Ikki kicked a rock into the scabbard of a mind reader" when said mind reader was not mind reading, and the fact that everyone but you and Ion, even Dargoo in that previous thread and Schnee aren't agreeing with your point on trackless step, and that you are being so willfully stubborn you wanna say they aren't the same thing, no, I am just tired of you acting like only you are right.

Let me do you a comparison. Hinokage from Medaka Box is so strong the brain subconsciously shuts him off, it doesn't even wanna recognize he's there even when he's in front of you. But you are obviously still seeing him, you just don't notice him... you know, kinda like trackless step, except he's not tricking the brain that he's not important, the brain just completely refuses to take notice of him without his conscious effort. Culexus do that same shit. But because there's not a big, neon shining light saying "HE ******* SLIPS INTO THE UNCONSCIOUSNESS!" you say is not the same shit. Even though Shizuku's way of circumventing the technique has **** all to do with controlling her unconsciousness.

Two dudes who the brain completely ignores, just one tricks the brain into it and the other two force it to do it out of subconscious fear/revulsion. And you keep up with this shit.

Call it desperate FRAs, I'll just call it not buying into what you are saying after looking at the information myself. You could actually drop that annoying attitude that you must be right even after people disagree even after you provided all that information. That's the funny thing, there has to be some truth behind a pattern if it keeps repeating itself, yet here you come with that bullshit attitude calling them desperate for disagreeing. How about we don't?

Or they are hearing the counter arguments and agreeing with them. I don't know how I can make this any easier to understand, Earl "countering" the arguments doesn't mean shit if people don't agree with his points.

Earl has countered lots of thing. If you read what he wrote instead of just FRAing out of being tired, maybe you'll notice that.

I mean

Cuelexus going invisible and poking him dead is a legitmate reason

The match is really that unbalanced and its far from fair

I have been one of the main people discussing his "counters". Maybe if you stopped acting like he's automatically right, you'd see that. But willful ignorance is bliss.

I am tempted to just tell Schnee to close this shit show, honestly. I should discuss it with him.

Schnee One said:
Cuelexus going invisible and poking him dead is a legitmate reason
Doesn't Culexus need to go tangible again to touch Ikki? Becuase that's what has been discussed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back