• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah, but still getting into her range will just cause Monica to blow up.

Sir Ovens said:
Yeah, but still getting into her range will just cause Monica to blow up.
1. Her blow up is passive?

2. How strong is the blow up.

3. He can just ittou shura his way outta danger, he also has his senses to warn him about her blowing up

Firephoenixearl said:
K

Well blows that would be fatal but they just put her unconscious. Her life is never in any danger, she will never suffer physical damage to begin with.
No

you have literally said that they are fatal yourself

no physical damage does not in any way mean no threat of death

I'd consider being permenantly comatose basically dead, wouldn't you?

Touching Monica fragments her and causes explosions. Ikki would have to reduce her stamina without touching her. Also, he would have to get to her before she uses the Showstopper.

@H13

Wait, who ever said "permanently"? It just ends up putting you to sleep, never said it's permanent, enough to cause a win though. And the reason it stops working when your life is in danger is because trackless step works by minimising his "importance", the brain dismisses ikki and his actions as "unnecessary information" and "blocks it" (along with other info it deems unimportant). However that cannot apply when the brain senses death, as something that's about to kill you has utmost importance and cannot be dismissed as unimportant info.

@Ovens

Well he won't touch her, as i said it doesn't attack physically, so it wouldn't touch her fragments. Well not only is getting to her before she uses Showstopper acomplished by the likes of Ittou forms and Pseudo Ittou Shura, but Trackless Step can acomplish a similar effect. Just for context on how a rather imperfect trackless step looks like from the perspective of a viewer, check out Touka vs Shizuku. The fight is immensly entertaining and it does a splendid job at explaining Touka's Imperfect Trackless Step (imperfect cus Ikki and Nene both greatly surpass it), so you'll not regret watching the fight (Trackless Step starts being used at around 1:13). Enjoy!

I coulda sworn you did, but i might be misremembering. Pretty sure most people would consider a sword being swung at their head important enough for that to stop working.

Ok so

Monica sees Ikki appear in front of her

and immediately explodes while spamming weapons in his face

and before you say "lol Ikki dodges/doesn't do that" he either goes up to her and this happens or he backs away constantly, not actually able to do anything other than throw his sword which just gets the same treatment as above.

1. Pretty sure when you see someone magically appear in front of you the first thought's not like "yeah let's kamikaze this B"

2. Ikki will just ittou shura his way out of it. His danger sense means he'll always expect the bombing.

3. It's possible to use Trackless Step and get into blind spots, so ikki can literally appear behind her and attack.

4. If Ikki uses ittou shura to get out of the bomb, he'll just try it again, but this time far beyond her reaction time.

1: It's not a kamikaze move. Monica can regen from that and it's a pretty standard attack for her.

2: You act like he constantly spams these stat amps when the page pretty clearly implies otherwise. If he always expects it, he just won't go up to her.

3: Pretty sure Monica has fought people who try to do similar things. It didn't work.

4: Thank you for explaining why shit like that should be restricted if he apparently spams it, since Monica has no way to win if Ikki boosts to 48x speed at the slightest hint of trouble, which i'm fairly certain he doesn't but that's beside the point.

1. Excuse my ignorance. I was just having trouble fathering the fact that ikki is fighting someone who goes like "foundation akbar"

2. Before it was fairly ooc character now with all the senses he knows just the right strategy in just about every fight, he's used it as a first move several times, for some reason never made a mistake in reasoning via stupid good senses. So it's not that he will do that at the slightest hint of trouble it's that he will use it at the best time. Also him expecting it doesn't mean he'll not attack it means that he will always have a counter ready. He fought stella who could passively burn him in the same way.

3. She has fought trackless step?

1: >"Foundation Akbar"

>Monica is a former D-Class

hm
2: I mean, fair enough. The Stella example doesn't really work tho, since there's literally a resistance to fire given from him using body control to make himself less vulnerable to the heat.

3: She's fought people going at her from all directions. The Foundation didn't exactly want to send extremely valuable personel into a guaranteed death, so there's no reason they wouldn't use every subversive strategy in the book.

2. It kind of does cus that strat couldn't apply in that scenario. It was him literally going in, attacking, then going out before her passive flames turned him to mush while also dodging her attack. He could go for a similar tactic, maybe trying to bait it then the moment she tries to akbar herself blitz her.

3. Well it's not the same as trackless step being used. You can sense mobs, you can't sense trackless step users.

...my phone autocorrected trackless step to trackless strip...

2: The issue with that is that after she gibs she wouldn't have a head to directly strike, making Ikki have to hit every single bit to actually incap her.

3: That's not what i was saying. I know that Trackless Step works basically up until Ikki attacks, and you stated that he would be able to capitalize on Monica now knowing where he is by attacking from behind her or something, which is what i was talking about.

also kek

Just wanted to ask if the people who were attacking from all directions were capable of something like trackless step. It is quite different to react to someone that is clsoing in from your blindspot to attack you than to react to someone who basically just appears already going to attack from a blindspot. She'd also ofc have to process all the information extremley fastto the point that she (basically) instantly decides to go explosion without thinking her situation through much, if at all. I saw that the argument was made for it being her go to move, but a go to move still should not justify it being an instantanous reaction to someone coming from a blindspot that was just supposed to be in one's field of view moments before, there's other things that would likley come to mind first such as trying to figure out Ikki's location.

Still, how would she know he just appeared in one of her blindspots? He might as well have teleported there with the way trackless step works. Closing in from a blindspot is pretty inferior to basically just appearing there to insta attack.

Yeah, Trackless Step makes the person appear in front of you instantly, so just seeing a person appear in front her should be enough to startle her into an explosion.

Also we're all forgetting that if Ikki doesn't knock her out because he keeps doging her explosions, Monica will just pull a Showstopper which no amount of danger sense will help you avoid because of the massive AoE.

And Monica isn't afraid to be caught in the blast because she just regens.

Being startled a literal instant before you get cut is not the same as exploding when you know someone is coming close. Moves out of fear and instinct are not the same as those "in character". But as i said he can just appear "behind her".

Depends, it's just an explosion. It was impossible to get out of Bahamuut Soul too, yet he still beat it by negging the flames, as for the shockwave of the bomb, it'll be fine, his skill and unbreakability of his sword will save him, and if not his senses will just tell him to Ittou Shura to tank the attack.

I'm honestly starting to start up an actual thread to look at how many things Ikki doesn't neg because skills.

There comes a point where it really starts boggling the mind and stretching suspension of disbelief.

The problem is that at this point, Ikki's skill is honestly a super power. A super power that has developed in the perfect ways to deal with the silly stuff thrown at him.

That's exactly the idea. He's basically a stupidly on crack version of Rock Lee. A guy born as a failure trying to be the absolute strongest beating the people who were born with unfair levels of talent. That's the reason he's so stupidly skilled. He's a dude with a sword in a verse where people can wish for the moon to come crashing down on earth with half of the stuff having causality or conceptual based powers.

He was given just enough to be a failure but something he can work with too. And by that i mean he was given a pseudo unbreakable sword (due to being a blazer), a very VERY little bit of magic and a 2x stat amp (which he goes ahead and bumps to 500x via skill).

The thing is I don't see a problem with Ikki being able to put his sword and whole strength in one vector to pierce through the explosion. He's done this against Stella's AoE attack (she could one-shot by the way) so it's not fair fetched to apply it here.

That is skill and his sword is extremely durable. Nothing more, nothing less. Can you please point out the issue with this feat?

Is this laser something Ikki cannot just precog and leave the vicinity? It isn't AoE based seeing as it was used to vaporize only one person. Or literally do the same thing I said with vectors?

And this is assuming Ikki hasn't already won with Trackless Step and Phantom Blade.

The range on the Showstopper is thousands of kilometers as an AoE blast. It also nulls magic, so Ikki wouldn't be able to use his amps.

Sir Ovens said:
The range on the Showstopper is thousands of kilometers as an AoE blast. It also nulls magic, so Ikki wouldn't be able to use his amps.
Nulls magic if it hits but doesn't stop ikki form 1 shooting before the bomb is off.

I think you misunderstand. The Showstopper is airborne. IIRC it is like a space satellite. Monica just has to think and the area they're in is engulfed in the blast.

I understand that it's orbital. I mean does she use this at the start? Because at the start Ikki will use Trackless Step and Phantom Blade. Trackless Step makes her perceive Ikki as useless information therefore not registered by her concsciouness whist Phantom will hit a fatal blow and put her in a coma.

She'll use the Showstopper if nothing else works on her opponent. Also being anywhere near her will cause her to explode as that's what she does in character.

Back