• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ignorant Statements VIII - The Last Ignorance

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Rick can solo the Ben 10 Universe because none of Bens Aliens can touch him and he can portal gun away if the universe dies" (Person in question later admitted to not knowing shit about Ben 10 after the original series) this reminded me of certain loss for Rick lul.

Gargoyle One said:
Nozomi (Shin Megami Tensei) is just a sluttu blonde, she'd totally lose to Samus
Seen people use a similar argument with Fairy Tail girls.

"Insert female Fairy Tail character name here" is just a fanservice bimbo. "Insert their favourite character from another franchise here" would tear them a new one.

It's sad how some angry idiots just dismiss Fairy Tail's females as bimbos (though I must admit that I too am sick of its fanservice), and yet they're all portrayed as strong, powerful, intelligent, independent women, many are even very capable leaders.

I really couldn't agree more on literally every point you made. Though I do think fanservice can definitely hurt a character or view of the character

Kudos

I just wish the fan service was less common it's like a curse to practically any female character seems to make everyone think less of them

Js250476 said:
I just wish the fan service was less common it's like a curse to practically any female character seems to make everyone think less of them
Lucy's probably the one whose character has suffered most from all the senseless joke-fanservice situations she's been in. Most people tend to forget that she's actually intellectually gifted. And in the anime she's a prodigy who manages to out-think some old professors even though she's not an expert in the field. She's also got some character development (way more than Natsu at least) and people don't notice. And probably the best thing about her is that her development was realistically gradual and not just suddenly forced (like with a bunch of other characters in that series I won't name).

@SB Very true....although the Ships war is very annoying. Especially, the Nalu shippers, their faces must be priceless when Hiro didn't even make Nalu canon pairing.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
@SB Very true....although the Ships war is very annoying. Especially, the Nalu shippers, their faces must be priceless when Hiro didn't even make Nalu canon pairing.
Too true. Most of the Fairy Tail shippers are truly nuts. I know some sane ones though.

I still don't quite understand the point of fa service for a show trying to take itself seriously. Like, what is the point?

...Or am I the only one who finds someone who doesn't show goods more attractive...

Too true. Most of the Fairy Tail shippers are truly nuts. I know some sane ones though.

I always thought Fairy Tail had a good premise. Weebs who blindly say it sucks without any concrete reason, while they are right, dont ever go into detail on why it is bad. Its bad because. A. Characters who are supposed to be smart/gifted would get outclassed later by dragon slayers. B. No character development for mid tiers like Lucy, not even a fair match for the most part. C. Dragon Slayers get nlfed pretty bad on other sites. And worst of all. D. Hiro Mashima couldnt write a good romance plot if his life depended on it. The only ship that turned out kinda okay was Juvia and Grey. Kinda...

Of course, fanservice can serve a deeper meaning when it not only serves a theme and purpose, but is also done at the right times.

Kill La Kill is an especially good example of this, and one of the few exceptions to this rule, using it as a way to develop it's characters.

KinkiestSins said:
I always thought Fairy Tail had a good premise.

The only ship that turned out kinda okay was Juvia and Grey. Kinda...
It really does. Earthland has such a fascinating history and the world in the X780s and X790s is so interesting. A lot could have been done with that material.

That ship is overrated. Swap the genders and it's a typical 80s or early 90s style "creepy stalker continually harasses their crush till said crush falls for them" kind of deal. It's disturbing.

There were some genuinely hilarious moments with that ship though.

"Pre-Retcon Beyonder is omnipotent because he says he is!"

then so is everyone else who ever said that

including Q

Buu

and I'm sure there's even 5-B characters who have said as much

Random Internet Person: How does it feel that this guy (pictures Zeno) could one shot superman?

Me: How does it feel that this guy (pictures Mr. Mxzyptlk) Could blink Zeno out of existence?

Random Internet Person: That guy is just magic and not strong enough to mess with Goku, let alone Zeno.

Conversely

Random Internet Person: The androids don't have infinite energy. That breaks the second law of thermodynamics.

I need to stop getting suckered in to Dragonball and DC discussions. It's a hard habbit to break.

Except there probably is quite a few. I mean, even I thought Buu was universal as a kid reading the manga.

"This makes no sense!!! If Boba Fett can fight Darth Vader he should win easily!! If Samus fights Vader she would lose because Vader is a Sith Lord and thats all you need to know. A guy that goes and fights with Vader and survives is more than a match for anyone especially some chick in an iron man+sonic armor!´╗┐"

Try to guess this one.

I think theirs been a few Godzilla incarnations that have been called omnipotent, all-powerful, all-mighty, etc.

''Many Fairy Tail characters have moved at such speeds that they appear to be teleporting. They're clearly lightspeed if not FTL.''

"You can't powerscale to Inconsistant characters" Oh also Attacking an argument based on a comparison Example "So your telling me lasers and bubbles are as fast as the flash" (despite me only saying they were FTL)

Soldier Blue said:
Many Fairy Tail characters have moved at such speeds that they appear to be teleporting. They're clearly lightspeed if not FTL.
This is a prime example of ignorance. Clearly the user who wrote that doesn't know how stupid fast light is. Nearly 300,000,000 m/s is beyond our comprehension fast.

I remember a guy who said Sephiroth was faster than teleportation because he's faster than Cloud, who is fast enough to appear in multiple places at once.

>Does a Hulk Vs Doomsday fight

>Hulk wins

"Good fight" -A random guy

>Death Battle does Hulk Vs Doomsday some time later

"This fight was biased because Screwattack said so" -Same guy

Exactly just because you disagree with them sometimes doesn't mean you can't still like them I wish people didn't have this mentality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back