• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

IDW Godzilla vs Lugia (ONE MORE VOTE)

Well, that is limited flight, and i found so funny that he can do that via just bursting his Atomic Breath on the ground

And Lugia has arguably the best fly here, so he could use that to gain distance more fast than Godzilla could close the distance

The flight was enough to catch Hedorah and will probably be able to catch Lugia (No pun intended lol) and physically overpower Lugia in close combat

What if Godzilla just fly and catch Lugia? They will have a physical battle which Godzilla would overpower it for a few seconds then it would fly again

To start, Lugia prob has the AP advantage here.

Lugia's abilities are also really good, Pressure will make Godzila tire faster, and Multiscale will just eat the first Godzilla attack, allowing Lugia to use any move without taking alot of damage.

Lugia's movepool is also good, but the events amplifie that by a small margin. Since he will not take that damage, Lugia can either set up Tailwind or Calm Mind, both are a real problem for Gojira, since one will let Lugia be more fast, and the other will boost Lugia's attack while also it will make Gojira's Atomic Breath less effective. Calm Mind can just be spammed to Oblivion, till teh only good way of damaging him is via CQC, and Tailwind is a good speed boost.

Lugia also has alot of good STABs, in the form of Psychich, Aeroblast and Hurricane, with Hydro Pump there to help with some things. Hurricane itself is a real good attack that can be boosted with Rain Dance, rising his accuracy, with Hydro Pump gets a neat damage boost. Safeguard can be used to limit the poisoning from radiation, with Recover to have a reliable recovery, and since we consider event attacks, i think we can use event-only items, so Leftovers provide a passive heal for Lugia, Whirlwind can be used to maintain distance from Godzilla while Lugia set up Calm Mind, or just abuse his range advantage.

Other good attacks are Swift, that is a homing attack, Whirpool, to trap Gojira and Future Sight to hit Godzila on a blind spot, if we consider Godzilla's passive radiation thing as an ability, that can be swaped via Skill Swap, so Lugia will be the one using that, but he would lost his Pressure.

Godzilla itself is also good, but, alot of things are countered

Calm Mind can boost Lugia's own attacks while nerfing Atomic Breath, some of the poisoning can be shut down with Safeguard, Lugia also has more stamina and it can easily out long Gojira with Pressure, and he is also much more inteligent than Godzilla. The thing that Godzilla has on his favor is the passive Radiation, wich some can be shutted down by Safeguard, but some will already affect Lugia before he set up Safeguard, but the IQ Skill Self-Curer will eventually cure from the poisoning. His Regenerationn is the only thing that it can't be shut down, but given how Lugia can boost himself, i think that bypassing that will not be to impossible

Overall, i give this to Lugia Mid-Diff, the thing that can screw up with Lugia is his passive Radiation and regen, but some of the Radiation can be countered with Safeguard and be completely cured with Self-Curer and the regen can be roll over with the stat boost

Final Godzilla E said:
What if Godzilla just fly and catch Lugia? They will have a physical battle which Godzilla would overpower it for a few seconds then it would fly agai
Considering that Lugia would have some Calm Minds, he could blast Godzila with Aeroblast

I agree with many things you said there,But the skill swap thing would probably only power Godzilla considering Lugia would be the one "creating" radiation and Godzilla would absorb it plus the fact Godzilla would have Pressure which would tire Lugia as well.

Now i think i may start the counter argument here.

Drite77 said:
To start, Lugia prob has the AP advantage here.
Lugia's abilities are also really good, Pressure will make Godzila tire faster, and Multiscale will just eat the first Godzilla attack, allowing Lugia to use any move without taking alot of damage.

Lugia's movepool is also good, but the events amplifie that by a small margin. Since he will not take that damage, Lugia can either set up Tailwind or Calm Mind, both are a real problem for Gojira, since one will let Lugia be more fast, and the other will boost Lugia's attack while also it will make Gojira's Atomic Breath less effective. Calm Mind can just be spammed to Oblivion, till teh only good way of damaging him is via CQC, and Tailwind is a good speed boost.

Lugia also has alot of good STABs, in the form of Psychich, Aeroblast and Hurricane, with Hydro Pump there to help with some things. Hurricane itself is a real good attack that can be boosted with Rain Dance, rising his accuracy, with Hydro Pump gets a neat damage boost. Safeguard can be used to limit the poisoning from radiation, with Recover to have a reliable recovery, and since we consider event attacks, i think we can use event-only items, so Leftovers provide a passive heal for Lugia, Whirlwind can be used to maintain distance from Godzilla while Lugia set up Calm Mind, or just abuse his range advantage.

Other good attacks are Swift, that is a homing attack, Whirpool, to trap Gojira and Future Sight to hit Godzila on a blind spot, if we consider Godzilla's passive radiation thing as an ability, that can be swaped via Skill Swap, so Lugia will be the one using that, but he would lost his Pressure.

Godzilla itself is also good, but, alot of things are countered

Calm Mind can boost Lugia's own attacks while nerfing Atomic Breath, some of the poisoning can be shut down with Safeguard, Lugia also has more stamina and it can easily out long Gojira with Pressure, and he is also much more inteligent than Godzilla. The thing that Godzilla has on his favor is the passive Radiation, wich some can be shutted down by Safeguard, but some will already affect Lugia before he set up Safeguard, but the IQ Skill Self-Curer will eventually cure from the poisoning. His Regenerationn is the only thing that it can't be shut down, but given how Lugia can boost himself, i think that bypassing that will not be to impossible

Overall, i give this to Lugia Mid-Diff, the thing that can screw up with Lugia is his passive Radiation and regen, but some of the Radiation can be countered with Safeguard and be completely cured with Self-Curer and the regen can be roll over with the stat boost
Yeah,Lugia has the Ap advantage,which would be at least 7 teratons against 11,46 teratons,But it is not a huge difference if you think about it.

His stamina is High so it may not be a great difference considering how much he can withstand,Crossing oceans and battling multiple kaijus for basically the most RoE without any rest,Pokémon can use two abilities here? If yes so it may be really useful against Godzilla at the battle start,By the way is not Lugia durability 7 teratons as well since it is baseline?

Lugia be faster and stronger would be a problem,But considering Godzilla would attack it while it is using calm mind or tail wind it would probably be not so beneficial if we are talking about how Godzilla is constantly opponents faster than him and how he uses his atomic breath against flying opponents.

The STABs thing would truly help Lugia in this battle,Godzilla radiation is basically his "Passive" so it would stay come back to poison Lugia,He can fly with his atomic breath to catch Lugia and cut the distance difference,Though Lugia has the range advantage,I mean would not Godzilla have somekind of water resistance since he...Lives underwater? (Sorry if this question was stupid).

Which speed swift moves at? Godzilla can probably destroy it with atomic breath before it hits him and swifts does not does a lot of damage.

His atomic breath has more radiation than his body so it would probably have a greater poisoning than his body radiation which is 100,000 rads,His Regenerationn will stay being a really good help if he has time to use it,His atomic breath would poison Lugia worst than his passive would.

And i may have to read some Pokémon rules in this fandom,Because i don't think Lugia or other Pokémon would start the battle spamming many moves like people say,Though Lugia is smart enough to do it

Lugia is 11 teratons in both spectrums

Apparently, yeah, pokemon can use more than one ability

Multiscale guarantee a free set up, and whirlwind to help him set up.

Safeguard would still protect from the poison of his Atomic Breath, and no, i don't see he being resistant to water.

IDK, fast i guess, since Swift woulb be boosted by some Calm Minds, i see Gojira struggling with destroying Swift.

And Lugia have two forms of healing, Recover and a passive one, and Self-Curer could still cure the poisoning.

If Godzilla catch up with Lugia via flying, Lugia could just use Hydro Pump, Aeroblast or another Whirlwind.

I will quote someone with brackets "Just because you fighted against fling enemies, it doesn't mean that Flying is not an advantage"

He won't spam all of he got, i am just saying what he have to hit hard, thoug the set up first would be pretty smart considering his ability

We are ignoring the places where they are fighting,They are fighting fukushima power plant and fukushima city,Only the fact they are fighting near a power plant would power up Godzilla,Im pretty sure he can absorb radiation to heal himself faster

Well, Gojira has Energy and Nuclear energy absorption, but it don't state that it is used to heal him

It is because he would not survive his own attacks with a weaker defense or an actual feat?

SafeGuard is temporary so if he hit Lugia with an atomic breath after or before safeguard it may poison him.

He would probably be able to destroy some,Though they would not do a decent damage they would annoy him.

Radiation would slow his Regenerationn,
Radiation-detail-1000ms-2.jpg

The same way Godzilla could use his atomic breath,Nuclear pulse or other attacks.

Agreed.

It was used to heal him many times,Like in heisei though it is a different universe in Idw it was showed his increase in power after radiation absorbtion,He even developed atomic breath after it

Agreed on most

Lugia has a similar defense stat via being equal to Ho-ohm who can tank Lugia's attacks. Normally, the AP is the same value of Dura here.

WIth IQ Skills and Safeguard, curing from the poison is duable, while it can slow some things, the IQ Skill is really the MVP here via curing the status.

We need to see that on IDW, otherwise, we can't assume that he can do it on this specific universe

If this is in-character, Lugia's pacifist nature is probably holding him back from trying to win effectively, but idk if that's actually combat appliable, so meh.

I'm an avid supporter of Pokemon, but I like the Godzilla series, too.

Lugia does seem to have more abilities, but Godzilla has more effective ones to utilize, which includes Radiation Manipulation as aforementioned.

Godzilla more likely takes this.

At least I'd think due to him being actually smarter than the average human, he should know when to be willing to kill if necessary.

Godzilla radiation slowing Lugia healing does not needs to be in his profile since it is something really basic from radiation,Basically any attack Godzilla do will damage Lugia with radiation because well he is Godzilla...

And Godzilla can turn stronger if he absorb enough radiation,Which is most the case since both are fighting at Fukushima power plant

By the way i thought about the radiation thing and it should be used as somekind of Toxic spikes,At the start it can be poisoning but after sometime it may be toxic for Lugia,Considering how 100,000 rads is lethal

Back