• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hi everyone, this is the Bleach nerd in the flesh. I decided to make an entire overhaul on Ichigo's profile by myself, with some help here and there from other Bleach guys, starting with Ichigo's trademark ability, Getsuga Tensho. I noticed that in Ichigo's profile, not a lot of Getsuga Tensho's qualities are in there for either profile, at first I didn't think much of it, since I thought that it was just a simple ability in nature. But as I re read Bleach and talked to some guys about Ichigo, the Getsuga Tensho is way more versatile than expected and I thought it deserved an entire thread for itself. I will be separating into two sections, one for pre time skip, and another for post time skip. This will be part 1, part 2 will focus on Ichigo's skill and battle iq, and part 3 will focus on other abilities and resistances that he has. Without further ado, let's go.

Pre timeskip:

Explosion manipulation: The Getsuga Tensho creates AOE explosions when it hits a target.

Heat manipulation: Since its debut, the Getsuga Tensho vaporizes things upon contact. Zangetsu's raw Reiatsu alone was also stated to be so hot that it burns the air around it.

Energy manipulation and energy projection: Ichigo has shown to be versatile with Getsuga Tensho, ranging from simple long beams to wraping the Getsuga Tensho on his blade to increase his ap.

Damage boost: This one will the largest one out of all the inclusions, as this has been talked about a lot, but I got together multiple feats and a few statements to prove my argument. As for which ones should be in the profile, I will create a Imgur thread afterwards to include the more relevant feats and statements.

-When Ichigo fought the Gillian, despite not being able to cut its leg off, Ichigo created a precursor to Getsuga Tensho that damaged the Gillian (from toe to head) and it ran away.

-Despite being messed around by Kisuke, Ichigo then implies to Kisuke that with the Getsuga Tensho he will one shot Kisuke, and Kisuke doesn't deny it. Right after it was used, we see that it pierced through Kisuke's shield and Kisuke states that it would have torn off his arm. Here is Kisuke's profile and Ichigo's profile for reference on their respective ap and durability.

-Against Grimmjow, despite not being able to bypass his Hierro at first, Ichigo did more damage with the Getsuga Tensho.

-Ulquiorra implied that when Ichigo combined Getsuga Tensho to his strikes, it increased his AP.

-Ulquiorra describes Getsuga Tensho as Ichigo at his most lethal and his ultimate technique (ultimate is defined as "the best achievable or imaginable of its kind").

-Ulquiorra compares Getsuga Tensho to Cero Oscuras, which is 10 times more potent than a normal Cero and is accepted as such. Consistent when Ichigo negged Yammy's Cero Oscuras with his own Getsuga Tensho.

-Despite being overwhealmed physically by the Bankai, Ichigo is able to damage Gin with Getsuga Tensho.

Post timeskip:

Enhanced explosion manipulation: Can create bigger explosions than previously.

Enhanced heat manipulation: When Ichigo aimed the Getsuga Tensho at Yhwach, whilst holding him with his arm, Ichigo hit the Getsuga at Yhwach and accidentally hit his arm as well. When we see later the results, its shown that Ichigo has burned marks on his arm, despite the fact he can bathe in Kirinji's hot springs and can place his hands in fire so hot that it vaporized an entire ocean, both instances with no signs of damage.

Also more evidence to damage boost ^

Enhanced energy manipulation and energy projection: Can now freely manipulate Getsuga Tensho however he feels like.

Enhanced Damage Boost with Fusionism: Can combine Getsuga Tensho with another one (creating the Getsuga Jujisshou) and the Gran Rey Getsuga Tensho, to increase his original Getsuga Tensho's damaage capacity.

More evidence for damage boost:

-Despite Ginjo's Getsuga Tensho damaging his arm, Ichigo did a Getsuga Tensho clash with Ginjo and both attacks were cancelled.

-Right after Ginjo gets hit with Ichigo's physical strikes, he then fires a Getsuga Tensho at Ginjo. The spiritual pressure coming out of it was seemingly increasing (as per Ginjo's statement) and when Ichigo says "next time I won't miss", Ginjo ran away.

-Despite getting body slammed by Yhwach at first, Ichigo damaged Yhwach with a Getsuga Tensho.

Ratio + Cringe

If you’re going to revise the profile, revise it fully in sandbox. These piece additions just waste time. Stop making these threads.

I'm fine with most of this, the only real thing I have any reservations about is the Damage Boost. All of what listed as proof for the Damage Boost of Getsuga Tensho, would better be noted as just the AP of the technique itself being higher than Ichigo's normal attacks. We don't currently list that on the profile but it would make sense to do so since Getsuga Tensho is normally shown to be more powerful than any of Ichigo's other attacks.

Everything else makes sense though except for the scan for Enhanced energy manipulation and energy projection: Can now freely manipulate Getsuga Tensho however he feels like. Nothing there really says he can now freely manipulate Getsuga Tensho however he feels. He just uses it as a counter attack there.

I'm fine with most of this, the only real thing I have any reservations about is the Damage Boost. All of what listed as proof for the Damage Boost of Getsuga Tensho, would better be noted as just the AP of the technique itself being higher than Ichigo's normal attacks. We don't currently list that on the profile but it would make sense to do so since Getsuga Tensho is normally shown to be more powerful than any of Ichigo's other attacks.

Everything else makes sense though except for the scan for Enhanced energy manipulation and energy projection: Can now freely manipulate Getsuga Tensho however he feels like. Nothing there really says he can now freely manipulate Getsuga Tensho however he feels. He just uses it as a counter attack there.
In the instance of enhanced energy manipulation and projection, is that Ichigo is showing that now he has the capacity to freely control Getsuga Tensho, as in, he first creates a line then fires Getsuga Tensho, implying that he can now control its trajectory.

I feel like him wrapping Getsuga Tensho around his sword showed he could change the trajectory already. And the thing about the line is that the line we see could easily be Candice's lightning bolt, and even if not Freely Manipulate Getsuga Tensho however he feels like is a very open statement which the scan itself does not say or really show.

I feel like him wrapping Getsuga Tensho around his sword showed he could change the trajectory already. And the thing about the line is that the line we see could easily be Candice's lightning bolt, and even if not Freely Manipulate Getsuga Tensho however he feels like is a very open statement which the scan itself does not say or really show.
Candice's lightning was in a significant distance, so I don't see a reason to assume that it was just Candice's lightning that Ichigo did the line as.

Cause we see Candice's lightning going off in close proximity to Ichigo when he does his Getsuga Tensho, but that's not the real point of what I'm saying so I'll drop it

Cause we see Candice's lightning going off in close proximity to Ichigo when he does his Getsuga Tensho, but that's not the real point of what I'm saying so I'll drop it
We see it in the last scan yes, but the scans before say what I say. But its fine to drop it.

Hi everyone, this is the Bleach nerd in the flesh. I decided to make an entire overhaul on Ichigo's profile by myself, with some help here and there from other Bleach guys, starting with Ichigo's trademark ability, Getsuga Tensho. I noticed that in Ichigo's profile, not a lot of Getsuga Tensho's qualities are in there for either profile, at first I didn't think much of it, since I thought that it was just a simple ability in nature. But as I re read Bleach and talked to some guys about Ichigo, the Getsuga Tensho is way more versatile than expected and I thought it deserved an entire thread for itself. I will be separating into two sections, one for pre time skip, and another for post time skip. This will be part 1, part 2 will focus on Ichigo's skill and battle iq, and part 3 will focus on other abilities and resistances that he has. Without further ado, let's go.

Pre timeskip:

Explosion manipulation: The Getsuga Tensho creates AOE explosions when it hits a target.

Heat manipulation: Since its debut, the Getsuga Tensho vaporizes things upon contact. Zangetsu's raw Reiatsu alone was also stated to be so hot that it burns the air around it.

Energy manipulation and energy projection: Ichigo has shown to be versatile with Getsuga Tensho, ranging from simple long beams to wraping the Getsuga Tensho on his blade to increase his ap.

Damage boost: This one will the largest one out of all the inclusions, as this has been talked about a lot, but I got together multiple feats and a few statements to prove my argument. As for which ones should be in the profile, I will create a Imgur thread afterwards to include the more relevant feats and statements.

-When Ichigo fought the Gillian, despite not being able to cut its leg off, Ichigo created a precursor to Getsuga Tensho that damaged the Gillian (from toe to head) and it ran away.

-Despite being messed around by Kisuke, Ichigo then implies to Kisuke that with the Getsuga Tensho he will one shot Kisuke, and Kisuke doesn't deny it. Right after it was used, we see that it pierced through Kisuke's shield and Kisuke states that it would have torn off his arm. Here is Kisuke's profile and Ichigo's profile for reference on their respective ap and durability.

-Against Grimmjow, despite not being able to bypass his Hierro at first, Ichigo did more damage with the Getsuga Tensho.

-Ulquiorra implied that when Ichigo combined Getsuga Tensho to his strikes, it increased his AP.

-Ulquiorra describes Getsuga Tensho as Ichigo at his most lethal and his ultimate technique (ultimate is defined as "the best achievable or imaginable of its kind").

-Ulquiorra compares Getsuga Tensho to Cero Oscuras, which is 10 times more potent than a normal Cero and is accepted as such. Consistent when Ichigo negged Yammy's Cero Oscuras with his own Getsuga Tensho.

-Despite being overwhealmed physically by the Bankai, Ichigo is able to damage Gin with Getsuga Tensho.

Post timeskip:

Enhanced explosion manipulation: Can create bigger explosions than previously.

Enhanced heat manipulation: When Ichigo aimed the Getsuga Tensho at Yhwach, whilst holding him with his arm, Ichigo hit the Getsuga at Yhwach and accidentally hit his arm as well. When we see later the results, its shown that Ichigo has burned marks on his arm, despite the fact he can bathe in Kirinji's hot springs and can place his hands in fire so hot that it vaporized an entire ocean, both instances with no signs of damage.

Also more evidence to damage boost ^

Enhanced energy manipulation and energy projection: Can now freely manipulate Getsuga Tensho however he feels like.

Enhanced Damage Boost with Fusionism: Can combine Getsuga Tensho with another one (creating the Getsuga Jujisshou) and the Gran Rey Getsuga Tensho, to increase his original Getsuga Tensho's damaage capacity.

More evidence for damage boost:

-Despite Ginjo's Getsuga Tensho damaging his arm, Ichigo did a Getsuga Tensho clash with Ginjo and both attacks were cancelled.

-Right after Ginjo gets hit with Ichigo's physical strikes, he then fires a Getsuga Tensho at Ginjo. The spiritual pressure coming out of it was seemingly increasing (as per Ginjo's statement) and when Ichigo says "next time I won't miss", Ginjo ran away.

-Despite getting body slammed by Yhwach at first, Ichigo damaged Yhwach with a Getsuga Tensho.
I guess I will include these in a sandbox.

Back