• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So I saw a page in the Power Listing Wiki called Frostbite. According to the Frostbite page, "The user can freeze up any part of an entity's body where one can turn the tissues and flesh into solid ice making the victim shatter into pieces due to freeze drying, or cause a swelling making it hard to move for the victim." I have seen characters who could do this such as Dio Brando with his Vaporizing Freeze, Ghiaccio's White Album with his absolute zero ability and Sub-Zero, who could do this and this, shattering a large frozen building and two metal doors.

Do you think Ghiaccio and Sub-Zero should be able to negate durability?

Is one of the realistic effects of low temperatures, can't explain further (cuz don't known how) but the lower the temperature is the more the durability reduce. Most of time in fictiom freezing just works as paralysis (see harmless freezing in tvtropes) so we rarely apply this.

Yesss, except that Ghiaccio has absolute zero temperatures while Subs here turns metal and other materials into ice. Absolute zero definitely bypasses conventional durability while Sub-Zero has a very potent ice manipulation that causes things to become ice that is weak enough for him to shatter it.

Okay, so I read about Ghiaccio and he says that he can reach -210 ┬░C or less, which means that its possible for Ghiaccio's stand White Album can reach AZ. I guess that's settled? If you think it's wrong though.

Now for Sub-Zero. I'm not saying this guy can reach AZ since flash freezing doesn't count. But what I'm concerned about is that Subs can turn metal doors and a large building into ice that he can easily shatter. What do you think?

Back