• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I won't be here for a while

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Okay, here it goes. For the next one and a half month or possibly two months I will be absent from the wiki...perhaps I should explain myself.

A while ago I had made a decision, to become a more active editor on the wiki and it was under the pretense that I would be able to balance my newfound occupation with my real like responsibilities as a student. Regrettably, things didn't work out that way for I time and time again, let the wiki distract me from my studies and even in realizing what was happening, made little attempt to remedy the problem. This wasn't a healthy attitude and I knew that I would be regretting everything in the future...yet I didn't pull myself away from the site and continued neglecting my studies.

Now, my examinations are near and I believe it is time for me to shape up do the responsible thing. That is to cut off my access to the site and instead focus on improving my condition as a student. I will return eventually (hopefully with a better sense of time management) since, despite everything that has happened, this community is still very dear to me and I am not ready to let go of it completely just yet. But for now, this is goodbye....I'm sorry about this.

Real life obviously comes first. Please don't compromise your studies anymore. Nothing to apologize for. We all understand this departure completely. I and many others will miss you though since it's been great having you. Take care.

Andy, you are so fine with this. As Ryu just said, Real Life is more important than this. I hope you manage to succeed with your tests, and we'll all see you on the flipside!

That's sad. You always was a nice and calm guy who would be glad to help people around when you have enough free time. This wiki is an excellent place to have friends from various different backgrounds. Not so many Indians are still active here. Moreover, we will need people who may help us with internationalisation of this wiki into various different languages (incl. Hindi) in the near future.

I would be glad if you give me your contact information in the chat. I will inform you when the day comes. But for now: Take care yourself, be nice and make sure that there's always a seat reserved for you.

@Ryu @Starter Thank you very much.

@Ogurtsow Sorry, but I don't think I will be able to give you contact information.

Couldn't have said it any better than Ryu. Take care Andy. Good luck.

...I think I made myself sound more dramatic than I intended. The tone was supposed to be more hopeful and the explanation bit was only there so I could be open and honest with you guys regarding my troubles, not because I wanted to complain about how the wiki ruined my life or something (which is what it looks like now that I'm rereading the post).

...Well, what's done is done I guess. I will just have to be more careful with my posts in the future.

TC Andy, you are both a very helpful and polite user here. RL comes first as always. Be safe and you're always welcome here.

Take care Andy.

You're a great person whom i consider to be a good friend to have despite our short talk.

Hope you will have a success in your life

I am sorry to see you go, but obviously understand that you have to prioritise your studies. Please take care and know that you are always welcome back to the wiki.

Well, this is it guys. I am officially cutting off my access to this site.

Thank you everyone who came to show their regards. I will be seeing you all soon.

Hope you do well on your exams, good on you for making a responsible decision for yourself.

Back